4th Annual ATC70 Regatta, Feb 4th, 2012

dunefreak

OK, we held our first regatta staff meeting last night and this should answer some questions :grin:

Classes

J = juniors: under 13 yrs old

S = stock: 70-88cc

M = modified: 90-125cc

U = unlimited: over 125cc

ATC's will be limited to BACKBONE style ATC frame only.

That means no front down-bar design like a 185ATC frame or anything else. It must resemble the Honda 70 backbone style frame or be close to it. Also, motors will be limited to horizontal cylinder only. Suspension does not put you in a higher class.

Event Schedule

Registration: 8AM-9AM ; Go to the registration tent, tell us a class and number for your ATC (any # that isn’t picked yet), register ($20 each participant), sign the liability waiver, get a wristband and make a number plate for your ATC. Line your ATC(s) up in the appropriate line by class near registration. Install your number plate and you are ready to participate!

Riders meeting: 9:30AM; Event details, rules, and how the day will play out. All riders are required to be there.

--------------

Track Races: 10:00AM – 12:00PM

Opening Fun Ride

All classes fun ride. This is not a race; Let’s get them all out on the track and get everyone’s blood pumping. Take it somewhat easy. There is no winner for this. It’s just for fun and to warm up. We’ll ride for approx 10 minutes.

Juniors

5 laps; all finishing riders go on to Juniors Main, top 3 finishers get placed up front for the Juniors Main.

For the following heat races, we’ll divide each class into 2 groups for 2 separate heats. Then all riders will race in the final Main Event with the top 6 riders (3 winners from each heat) placed at the front of the starting line.

Heat 1

skinny guys in the back, fat guys up front

Stock: 10 laps; We’ll start the 70cc stockers ½ lap ahead of big bores. All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.)

Modified: 10 laps; All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.)

Unlimited: 10 laps; All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.)

Heat 2

skinny guys in the back, fat guys up front

Stock: 10 laps; We’ll start the 70cc stockers ½ lap ahead of big bores. All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.) Top 5 Riders progress to final dash for cash race.

Modified: 10 laps; All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.)

Unlimited: 10 laps; All riders progress to Main, Top 3 winners get placed up front in Main race.)

Main Event

(10 laps, except for the juniors- they do 5)

Junior Main: All juniors race, top 3 winners from 1st race get placed up front to start.

Stock Main: All stock race, top 6 total (3 from each heat) get placed up front to start)

Modified Main: All modified race, top 6 total (3 from each heat) get placed up front to start)

Unlimited Main: All unlimited race, top 6 total (3 from each heat) get placed up front to start)

--------------

TIME PERMITTING: Dash for cash race. Top 5 riders from each class race for a $50 bonus prize

--------------

Lunch Break: 12:00; We’ll take approximately an hour break for lunch. Go over and grab some lunch from Smokin Al’s BBQ or you do your own thing. Lunch price will be posted at Smokin Al’s.

Show n Shine/ group photos: 1:00 PM; We’ll line em all up, take some pics, and vote on the following:

• Cleanest Factory 70
  • Ugliest 70
  • Most Unique 70
  • Best Themed 70
  • Best Paint
  • Best of Show 70

Barrel Races: ~2:00 PM We’ll kill some time and hold some good old fashion barrel races for whoever wants to give it a try. Barrel Races are where we set up 3 barrels and each rider gets 2 chances to lay down the fastest time to go around all 3 in formation.

Drag Races: ~3:00 PM; Drag races by class.

Raffle/ Awards: 4:00 PM; Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. We’ll raffle off some great prizes and give out trophies to the winners

Nighttime Festivities: Let the nighttime shenanigans begin!

Can't wait! I'll be bringing one more this year: my stock one from last year and my new 125 Lifan build. I also have a buddy that is bringing his stock 70, it is spider man themed and can be seen on DRATV's photos labeled " Spidy". He built it for his grandson in Utah , thats why he didn't make it last year. His grandson let him borrow it for the winter months so he can attend the regatta this year!

Edited by NASDAR

Nighttime Festivities: Let the nighttime shenanigans begin!

Take down the tents and pop ups!!!!!!!!!! :slap::lol::shocked::laughoff:

YEP! No doubt.

I tried but hurricane Dumont came out of nowhere and I helpless trying to tear down the 10x20 canopy in the wind by myself. :dayum::dope:

Can't wait! I'll be bringing one more this year: my stock one from last year and my new 125 Lifan build. I also have a buddy that is bringing his stock 70, it is spider man themed and can be seen on DRATV's photos labeled " Spidy". He built it for christmas 2010 and gave it to his grandson in Utah , thats why he didn't make it last year. His grandson let him borrow it for the winter months so he can attend the regatta this year!

Right on, Daniel!

If time permits, I might even slap another one together before the regatta. Ya know, because I need MORE sh*t to do. :nuts::dope::laughing:

Shouldn't we have the show and shine at the beginning of the regatta while most of them are still shiny?

It's not necessarily a show n shine. It's more of just a show. :laughing: The guys that have show bikes don't race them anyways and have them polished up on the sidelines sitting and waiting for that part. It works best with the schedule because otherwise we'd have the opening, then the show then it would be lunchtime already and we would have not even worked up an appetite.