**$1000 REWARD**LOST/STOLEN CHIHUAHUA MIX @ DUMONT

My dog Bobby went missing Friday night, January 28th. He is a 2 year old chihuahua/dachshund mix, 12 lbs, light tan fur (short) and was wearing a tan colored LL Bean canvas coat. He is not known to run off for more than 10 minutes without coming back around to check up on me. Our camp seached for him that night on the flats and told every other camp about him. I called into work and spent an extra day and night out at Dumont along with my dad to keep seaching. We searched up into the mountains headed towards the China Date Ranch, the flats including approximately 5 miles out from the north pole. We covered as much land as we could and notified every camp about him...many twice or three times. I have posted a sign with phone numbers to contact on the message board heading out the main road and have notified BLM. This dog is like my son and part of the family. A $1000 reward will be given. WIth the amount of effort that went into the search and making sure all camps knew about him he may have been stolen. Bobby is in LA Times, Las Vegas Review Journal, PetAmberAlert.com, Craigslist.com and many other lost pet web sites. He is also posted on a sign on the main road to the dunes and on the message board leaving the dunes. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND MENTION THIS TO ALL YOUR DUNER FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Someone has him and hopefully wants to give him back or after seeing my efforts understands how much this dog means to me and gives him back. If you have any information please let me know. I want to get my boy home where he belongs. Thank you for reading! Any efforts made to spread the word are greatly appreciated.

-Jared

(702) 373-7925

JPeterson889@gmail.com

Reading your story breaks my heart. There is hope, read Stacey's post, true story. Hopefully whoever has Bobby takes care of him until he is returned home. *I will keep my eye's open and my ear's open to anyone that may mention finding a dog*

Thats heartbreaking. I hope you find him. We had a guy from our camp loose his dog last halloween. He went home and came back. I want to say he found her a couple days later. Dont give up...

THAT IS REALLY GREAT NEWS!!! I cant really imagine a little dog walking that far 150 miles in 14 days and not become food for the animals of the desert? I am really glad to hear you have your friend back! But I am very curious to know if the reward helped bring a dumont dog thief to light??? I hope that is not the case and also hope you keep your dog within your sights in the future. I would also recomend you very cautious at night with a small dog..COYOTES have been spoted all over the place even during the day, coming into camps at night and jumping into the back of pickup trucks LOOKING FOR FOOD like small dogs. We walk ours at night ARMED just for that reason. If you dont mind could you please update us with more details?

• Like 1

I cant really imagine a little dog walking that far 150 miles in 14 days and not become food for the animals of the desert?

..COYOTES have been spoted all over the place even during the day,

More like 30-35 miles as the crow flies. Still a LOOOOONG way for such a small dog.

Had my first experience with coyotes out there on MLK. They were cruisin right through camps.

Glad you got your dog back. That's awesome!

He was found at the east gate of Fort Irwin 15 days after he went missing. The animal hospital there cleaned his eyes out and started him on fluids. He was really dehydrated as you can imagine. It looks to be about 30-40 miles. He is at home now getting fed like a king and sleeping a lot. There wasn't a reward involved...an awesome lady at the animal hospital at Fort Irwin looked for him online and saw my pet amber alert posted from PetAmberAlert.com. He is a pretty smart little dog. His color blended him in pretty well I think and the L.L. Bean jacket I bought him definitely saved him from the cold. I appreciate everyone keeping an eye out for him! I couldn't be happier. Thanks guys

I am so happy you got him back...I couldn't imagine losing either of my pups...truly an amazing story!!

Just a couple suggestions for people who take dogs to the dunes...a collar with ID tags that include your area code as people come to Dumont from many states..microchips are very helpful in getting lost dogs returned...

If you tie your dog out you should still keep an eye on them and it's better to use a harness than a collar as many will slip the collar if frightened, then they won't have their ID tags on them when they get lost/found...don't let them out of your sight especially at night, blinking lights attached to the collar are very helpful at night, lighted or reflective collars are also good.

Yeah I am not into putting clothes on dogs either but I am outside as much as I can so the jacket was a must for him. The L.L. Bean jacket is marketed as a hunting jacket made out of thick canvas. He was found with his jacket still on...fitting really loose. I am writing LL Bean with the story to show some loyalty for making a good product. Bobby will be out to Dumont sometime in the near future once he is rested up and gains his weight back...this time with an LED on his collar, a microchip and yet another collar with a tag (he has lost 2). He has made a lot of friends through his journey and gained a lot of respect! I'm glad he survived it. I couldn't be happier. Thanks again for the support everybody.

• Like 1