need a referal for a great body and paint guy......

goodguys75

I have a friend who is building a nova and want a show quality paint job.......money is not a problem....anyone know of someone here in town or in cali maybe......I have been out of the street rod loop for a while...so i dont have a clue.......and by the way there is a guy he has met once name steve pinto....does anyone know how to get a hold of him....I heard he is working out of his personal garage........I dont know him but I have heard he does great work....thanks for any info...andre :hello:

He was referred to me by the PPG rep who is a great paniter in his own right. I just rolled my sandcar and I trust Jim with re-doing the custom flames on my car. I am pretty pickey. Maybe you should call him and have a conversation. You asked and I answered, that's the best I can do.

He was referred to me by the PPG rep who is a great paniter in his own right. I just rolled my sandcar and I trust Jim with re-doing the custom flames on my car. I am pretty pickey. Maybe you should call him and have a conversation. You asked and I answered, that's the best I can do.

thanks terry

How much repaint Terry? $? Pm if you would .. thanks

CApt

How much repaint Terry? $? Pm if you would .. thanks

CApt

Panels are being powdercoated at Alumicraft then the whole car is coming back here for the flames. Right now he's just giving the insurance company a bid of time and materials. When i get an actual # I will let you know. He is then going to clear coat it with PPG's super tuff clear to protect it. Maybe a little clear bra here and there also to try to keep her looking good for a long time:)

wow no one else knows a body and paint guy with all these sand rails.....????

Contact painter Joe on this forum. He does great custom work. I would have had him do my car but i want it back closer to home so I can watch and move the process along. Not that it would be an issue with joe in Ca. but you would have to know my Scenario to understand it. Painter Joe's stuff is as good as it get's in my opinion.

Contact painter Joe on this forum. He does great custom work. I would have had him do my car but i want it back closer to home so I can watch and move the process along. Not that it would be an issue with joe in Ca. but you would have to know my Scenario to understand it. Painter Joe's stuff is as good as it get's in my opinion.

cali might be an option....but would rather do local.....I know there are a lot of great painters out there.......just dont know there names.... :idea:

Goodguys75: Jim Parson is a personal friend and customer of mine. While yes, he does specialize in Insurance/Collision, he also does all sorts of custom work. From boats, planes, high end coaches, hot rods and even street rods. If that doesnt work, also try Tucker's Collision here in LV as well. He is just finishing up a $250k build on an old T-bird. Either shop is more than capable of doing what ever you need done

Goodguys75: Jim Parson is a personal friend and customer of mine. While yes, he does specialize in Insurance/Collision, he also does all sorts of custom work. From boats, planes, high end coaches, hot rods and even street rods. If that doesnt work, also try Tucker's Collision here in LV as well. He is just finishing up a $250k build on an old T-bird. Either shop is more than capable of doing what ever you need done

great...thats what i wanted to hear....just need personal experiences of good work....anyone can tell you they are the best painter........thanks andre

• 4 months later...

If you haven't got this handled allready, check out Mike at Super Stripes in Henderson. He is responsible for many Hot Rod type cars that have been featured in many different car shows and magazines.

Tell him Travis from The Custom shop sent ya!

If you haven't got this handled allready, check out Mike at Super Stripes in Henderson. He is responsible for many Hot Rod type cars that have been featured in many different car shows and magazines.

There is your referral, Travis would have been my first call if I needed custom paint up in Vegas :beerpint:

all most too the point of paint...still looking...thanks for the new info