have to rant for a minute

Adam @ GTP Off Road

So i bought my new F150 in December. I have to park in the driveway cause there isn't room in the garage. After owning the truck for almost 4 months the f*cking kids that walk to school through my neighborhood can't seem to leave it alone.

After less then a month, the tailgate was tagged with some gang sign.

At about 2 months or so the tail gate was keyed.

I moved the quads to the other side of the garage and park the truck in the slightly longer part of the driveway to keep it as far away as i can. I also back it in to keep the big "target" of a black tailgate off the street. I had the truck all washed up yesterday, and always inpect it, as well as pretty much everyday.

and now 4 month in.... this afternoon i walked out and have to walk around the front and what do i see... a nice rattle can spray job below the grille. SERIOUSLY...

I think i will look at some wireless camera systems, but i put the Gopro with the suction cup on the windshield plain as day for them to see. maybe it will at least make them think twice. I set it to take pics every 5 seconds, so i think i will put that on when i go to bed.

any ideas on a camera system for the house?

I will check out the camera set. I was hoping to find a wireless set so I don't have to run wiring and worry about painting it. I have HOA here. (i am on the board though). wireless should be easier to take with me.

Moving from N. Vegas and this neighborhood will be good. especially to a 3 car garage that my truck will fit in.

I got the costco setup too. The new dvr can be monitored from a smart phone, if that helps you any. The night vision isn't the best, but for the price, you can't go wrong.

As far as the 12ga; I'd personally go less than lethal: Just stake out with a pellet gun, and nick the little gangsta in the forehead a few times...more fun to watch him cry, than to bleed all over your new truck :headbang1:

• Like 1

i had the cops here yesterday. i had enough.

got home to one group of kids standing in a neighbors yard throwing rocks in the air, in the street and on each other. I know they didn't live there. Another group of about 8 kids in the middle of the street screwing with a scooter. rode right behind me as i was backing into the driveway. riding on the sidewalk, back and forth down the street, and hitting each other as they were riding around.

nothing happened to the truck. they said cameras were a good idea but to make sure and get ones that are clear and not grainy or it's a waste of money. They also said they would make notes at the department to up patrols before and after school.

Adam I lived in N.Las Vegas in a brand new neighborhood for years. My thoughts on N. Las Vegas are simple; you can polish crap all day long but in the end you still have crap! I absolutely hate NLV, it shouldnt even exist, it's below sea level and if it weren't for an inflated market and the boom the new neighborhoods wouldn't even be around. For Christ sakes there is a pig farm and a Nevada Pick A Part in the middle of it all. Move out of the sticks!

Agreed with all above......I say you catch the lil bastards doing it and carry them by the necks to their parents, if the parents get mad duke it out with them. Just speaking from experience. Had a wannbe "thug" (15yr old) try saying he ran my street and could do whatever he wanted anytime he wanted. Well that came to quick end when i knocked on his door with his forehead and explained to his dad what was going on. Needless to say, he is very respectful now and says "hello sir" everytime i see him.

• Like 1

Mark the neighborhood i live in is newer. Oldest homes are about 4 or 5 years, mine is almost 2.5. my street goes diagnally through the block so all the kids cut through to go back and forth to school. It's a public street, fine walk through but leave my sh*t, and others alone.

I had to confront a father last summer when his daughter was caught jumping the 5 foot tall fence at our park to use the water park. He made me talk to the daughter first, then got out of the car. then he told me 2 different stories then the girl did. he didn't care AT ALL that his kid and friends were jumping the fence to get in. Bet it would be a different story if they were hanging by the fence or hurt in the water park. Too many parents are crazy these days, no wonder the kids are.

Its all because of lack of discipline. Kids these days think they are owed something. Im a firm believer in discipline, an anybody that has something to say about me disciplining my kids, well, we will take a long walk on a short dirt road. These parents nowdays are scared of their kids and the kids see it, and therefore they do whatever they want because there are no consequences for them.

Back in my day, I was beaten with a belt, paddle, or anything else my parents could get their hands on. That doesnt happen anymore in society and its SAD.

My boys are well behaved because they know who runs sh*t. If they get out of line then they no whats coming. Sorry for ranting on your rant but Im sick and tired of the lack of respect that kids have these days and it all starts with the parents. We all know the parents arent gonna do anything so we have to take it into our own hands or let the law handle it.

Ok now Im fired up. I feel bad for my first customer this morning. :lol: lol Just kidding

• Like 2

Get yourself and ol' timey lawnchair, sit in your driveway during these "high traffic" hours, with shotgun in lap.

Unfortunately these days, you would probably get arrested, but damn that would be cool. Kids would start crossing the street just to stay away from your house! It would be a beautiful time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You should do yardwork before and after school hours with a pistol on your belt in plain view. You're not threatening anyone and it's perfectly legal if you own the gun. Maybe put a bumper sticker on your truck that says I love guns. LOL!!!

We have kids across the street from us that throw rocks and scamper all over people's yards, getting rocks everywhere. Their dad knows that of one of those rocks gets near our cars, they're in big trouble! Good thing is they're moving soon. Yay!

• Like 1