Intermittent Shifting glitch

sandawg

Every once in a while when I shift to reverse my engine loads and wants to stall but doesn't quite die. I have an ABS code reader ordered but was looking to see if anyone has had this? My cheaper reader doesn't show any codes but I don't think it reads the tranny function like the new one will.

Thanks,

Pat

Yes Pete, Only in reverse.

The other day it wouldn't go into either rev or Drive until I touched the key. ????????????????

Alsoo every once in a while the accessories wont come on for a while like windows and radio..Probably a worn key assy on tht one. Just don't know! It does run even whem the accessories don't come on.

UP DATE: I does it all the time when I shift from neutral to 1st gear. Tried it in low and high 4 wheel drive too. Only occationally when I shift to reverse. Bought an ABS code scanner and still no codes.........HELP!

Edited by sandawg

I'll try that when I get back from Dumont next week. Leaving tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed. What an idiot I am but not missing the last trip for the year. I'll do 7 or 8 days this time with Rocket and Booster and their friends. Rail is in rebuild so only the Rhino this time. Hope the tires worked out for you. Thanks!

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Krusty, I started to suspect it was a fluid pressure issue. Sounds like it's time to head to the Ford garage. Yep it's an 03 F250 w/ 4 speed auto w/overdrive.

I smell lots of money to repair or rebuild it!

:bawl: :surrender: