Valero in Baker Sucks

Kitcat

We normally stop at Valero in Baker on our way out to Dumont to Top off the truck with diesel and get lunch. they don't carry Coca Cola products anymore and it took 30 minutes to get a sandwich from Quiznos. I'm sure they got a smokin deal from Pepsi, but how dumb is that to limit yourself? And they are so understaffed all the time. I saw that a new center is being built, as you enter Baker from the north. Any idea as to what that's going to be? Hopefully a new gas station and dump. I'm over Valero.

We've gone through Tecopa a few times, but we lose cell signal through there. It's okay if we're on a day trip. However, one time one of our fellow campers had a health issue while driving through that area. That ended up being a long day trying to locate them. I hope one day there's better cell coverage through Tecopa.

Is this rant more about the crappy service or lack of Coca Cola products? :laughing:

I still avoid the Baker route every time. Something about the Tecopa way is still appealing to me regardless of the services available along the way, no cel signal, and crappy road. It cuts off 40 miles from my trip and it is a fairly scenic drive as well.

i love the tecopa road its where i forget about city life and transition to dune life. the cell service isn't too bad with verizon you do drop service on a few stretches but it seems better then in the past.

oh and diet pepsi is no replacement for diet coke

I just spent 35 minutes using a gmap pedometer.....Center of henderson to Dumont flats through Baker. 127-129 miles.

through tecopa 108-110 and through Pahrump 118-122..

It varies as I was using a pedometer and that wants to make it easy for a runner....I forced it in some areas to go down the right route...

Its funny how its not many miles separating them

I just spent 35 minutes using a gmap pedometer.....Center of henderson to Dumont flats through Baker. 127-129 miles.

through tecopa 108-110 and through Pahrump 118-122..

It varies as I was using a pedometer and that wants to make it easy for a runner....I forced it in some areas to go down the right route...

Its funny how its not many miles separating them

Why did you do all that? I could have just told you that info. :laughing:

yeah you probably know because of all the dual sport rides......I just wanted to actually map it out since I have always just guessed...I was pretty close though.

No, I knew because I've clocked it each way. I figured you would have by now too. ;)

You know Google Maps does that for you much faster?

• Like 2