A&E TV Shoot at Dumont 4/28/12

Dirt Alliance

Hi Everyone!

Its Paul here from Dirt Alliance, I just wanted to let everyone know we will be filming a short bit for the network A&E at Dumont next Saturday (shoot date 4/28)

The shoot is for a show called "Barter Kings" Here is a bit of info on the show:

"New York, NY-- March 16, 2012 – A&E has commenced production on the new original real life series “Barter Kings,” featuring teams of entrepreneurs pursuing items they want by trading other items that they currently own. Cash is never exchanged and value is subjective, but these barterers know the current market well and they will trade multiple times over to get to the object of their desire. The network has ordered 13 half-hour episodes scheduled to premiere this summer on A&E. “Barter Kings” follows the thriving subculture of cashless trading and the dramatic chain of events as entrepreneurs aim to get what they want by trading what they don’t need."

The host of the show has bartered for a sandrail and this reveal will highlight the sand lifestyle, including a sand drag race.

I am looking for spectartors and sandcars wanting to participate. At this point we will have a few of our team vehicles out there as well. I will have my race truck out. I want to showcase an "authentic" scene, so hopefully some of you can make it out. Even if you are planning on going out for the weekend, please get in touch and come hang out while the shoot is going on.

Please contact me if you are interested paul@dirtalliance.com

Edited by Dirt Alliance

So would this be a paying gig to use my car? I am only asking due to what it costs to get there and race fuel is not cheap.

Paid gig.. you are funny Terry.

wow, it's going to be hot then. not many people will be out there at all. most are done for the season.

I only have quads so I guess i am not cool enough.

I have been on a reality show before. I hope they don't make Dumont and offroaders look like a bunch of idiots just to get some ratings. I like the idea, but these things never usually turn out right, and certainly have NOTHING to do with any kind of reality. This was done by the idiots at Left Field Productions who shot the "Pawn Stars" episode with the rail and rzr.

Edited by Rap_Rider

I wish, but no. Producers are cheap now days....

Well with fuel at $4.00 and race fuel at $$8.50 per gallon and that it is going to be 100+ degrees I wish you a lot of luck. You do have a BLM picture permit i would guess right?

Day Night

34.gif?12122006

Mostly Sunny High

87°F

Precip

0%

Wind: From W at 11 mph Humidity: 19% UV Index: 9 Very High Sunrise: 5:56 AM PT Avg. High: 89°F Record High: 103°F (1990)

29.gif?12122006

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low

59°F

Precip

0%

Wind: From WNW at 8 mph Humidity: 19% Sunset: 7:29 PM PT Avg. Low: 57°F Record Low: 48°F (1975)

This should be fun...........87 feels like 120 in the sand! I'll pass since my last encounter with a film crew was not pleasant, to say the least!

I agree it's going to be hot! Pismo would have been a better location choice, but I have no say. At this point the "call time" is 9:30 am which is too late IMO.

Of course, all of the necessary permits are in order. This is a professional production by a major network.

What we would be doing is staging a sand drag race. The host of the show will drag race people (including our team cars) in the car he just traded for.

If they make duners look stupid and irresponsible, they will be making their host look that same way. Besides, there is only one way they are going to get footage of stupid acts...

At this point we are bringing out 2 race trucks, a class 1, and a sand car. I'd like to make sure we smoke the host!! =) But I'm not certain our heavy a$$ race cars can do it.

So, it should be fun and everyone and all vehicles are invited.

What type of car does the host of the show have? Post some details so the guys that show will know if they stand a chance or not.

This is what they told me. I'm actually surprised I got this much info:

Wicked Dual Sport

Mendeola transmission

500 Horse Power

LS2 Motor

20" travel

Cobalt Bule/Black

Sounds like a pretty legit car.

Edited by Dirt Alliance

I can't make it out because I already have other plans, but it will be cool to see the show air. It's always cool seeing Dumont on TV. Good luck with the filming!

Thanks we'll give it a go! The three sand cars I had lined up are all broken, so it's just two race trucks that will be there. I guess this proves why trucks are better... =) J/K guys....

We'll see ya in the sand next season. I'll post air date and time to this thread once it's known.

-Paul

Thanks we'll give it a go! The three sand cars I had lined up are all broken, so it's just two race trucks that will be there. I guess this proves why trucks are better... =) J/K guys....

We'll see ya in the sand next season. I'll post air date and time to this thread once it's known.

-Paul

Maybe if you threw in some money to cover time and fuel you could have some cars that run show up? All I have to do is put mine on the trailer, but it will cost you $500.00 to get me there.

Bob "Rocket" would have come if the producer wan't so cheap. I would have come for free with the Rhino to give them at least one spectator Terry. You're fun to watch......hidden meaning!

:lol:Too bad Paul, I hope you get something for all your work and expenses!

Sounds like the only cheap guys are the ones who want to get paid to go play in the sand! Lol If I didn't already have plans and wasn't done for the season, I would have made the trip.

I'm guessing he was asking for guys with buggies that might have already been out there.

Not being cheap but if somebody is going to make money off of my buggy on their show then they can part with at least expenses. It would be a unplanned trip and I don't think that making some money off of TV producers(Fat Cats) should be an issue. If you look at it this way; The more exciting the first show or the "pitch" footage the more chance of it getting picked up. Not having any other buggies out there and only 2 trucks sounds boring, so if they spent a little to make a better shoot then they just might be able to sell it to a network. Just my opinion, plus drag racing a sandrail from a dead stop can get expensive real fast. So I should take the chence for nothing? You know that no ones going out as it's hot , their are no shadows on the dunes due to the sun's position so if you want to encourage people to particpate you got to free up some Benjamin's just sayin, BTW as of last week they didn't have a permit for the shoot anyway and the LEO's wil be checking in on them:)

Sounds like the only cheap guys are the ones who want to get paid to go play in the sand! Lol If I didn't already have plans and wasn't done for the season, I would have made the trip.

I'm guessing he was asking for guys with buggies that might have already been out there.

Wow! Who would be playing around in the sand. Sounds to me like you would be at the beck and call of the producer to enhance his walet at the cost of people going out in the off season footing about $500 dollars. Can't agree with you Pete! Rocket said the same thing to me. He couldn't afford $500 to drive from Orange County in the hopes that he gets on TV......Not worth it. Not enough free cold beer and chow to make it worth it. Give him hell Terry!!! :lol::stirthepot:

:watching:

Edited by sandawg

If I was there I would participate,, if it looked fun. I'll drag my toys around for media shoots but they always pay. This was two weeks ago. Look in the current issue of TV Guide.

Wow! Who would be playing around in the sand. Sounds to me like you would be at the beck and call of the producer to enhance his walet at the cost of people going out in the off season footing about $500 dollars. Can't agree with you Pete! Rocket said the same thing to me. He couldn't afford $500 to drive from Orange County in the hopes that he gets on TV......Not worth it. Not enough free cold beer and chow to make it worth it. Give him hell Terry!!! :lol::stirthepot:

:watching:

I'm talking about going out to play in the sand regardless of the shoot and then help out and participate once you're there. If they required a bunch of bs from you then guess what?...leave! Forget it! :shake: Man you guys sound like you're all grumpy and broke. Good thing he came here for help! You guys shut him down in no time flat. lol

Not shutting Paul down. Glad he came here looking far help. It's the producer that has panty's that are to tight and won't let him reach into his wallet to bring some interest to his project!!! And to your comment of being grumpy and broke, your sooooooo right!!!! And your point is??????? :slap: And you forgot OLD!!!! :hello:

:usa::beercheers::old::laughoff: