Picked up my new dual sport bike today!

dunefreak

So I felt it was time for a change. A bit of an update perhaps. Despite the awesome rides my XR has brought me on over the years, I felt I needed more. So I picked up a brand new new 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R today. I'm pretty stoked. This thing rips!

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

I'm a happy new KTM owner!

IMG_5285.jpg

Before I could even get the super gay DOT reflectors off the back, Anna snapped a pic. lol

IMG_5279.jpg

Off they come!

IMG_5280.jpg

First ride!Thumbs up.

IMG_5306.jpg

Oh yeah. I'm gonna be very happy!

IMG_5310.jpg

The bike feels great. The seat position, pegs, the bars, center of gravity down low, snappiness, and gobs of power....all feel really good. The overall ergonomics are spot on. I can't wait to get it farkled out and get out on some good rides with it.

Many thanks to Greg and the guys at Champion KTM for taking care of me with much respect and professionalism.

IMG_5293.jpg

is that thing the 690? i sold my ktm 530 exc a while ago, it only had 100 miles, I am too old. BUT, my kids want to enduro now so we picked up a couple of used bikes, 2005 Yam WR450 and 2006 DR-Z400S. Went for first ride tonite, great bikes and didnt miss a beat. ready for utah mts and paiute trails this summer.

post-678-0-03023000-1336889912_thumb.jpg

post-678-0-62010200-1336889923_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

very nice...was champions a good place to shop at????? thats awsome...I think they are a triumph dealer now also....

Yep!

what is the displacement????

Sorry I somehow forgot to include that it is the 690 Enduro R. I think I was too excited.

is that thing the 690? i sold my ktm 530 exc a while ago, it only had 100 miles, I am too old. BUT, my kids want to enduro now so we picked up a couple of used bikes, 2005 Yam WR450 and 2006 DR-Z400S. Went for first ride tonite, great bikes and didnt miss a beat. ready for utah mts and paiute trails this summer.

Yep, sure is. Nice bikes! That looks like the WR450 Joe Duner was recently selling. Is that the one?

Yep!

Sorry I somehow forgot to include that it is the 690 Enduro R. I think I was too excited.

Yep, sure is. Nice bikes! That looks like the WR450 Joe Duner was recently selling. Is that the one?

Yep, picked it up from Joe a week or so ago. awesome bike and Joe gave a good deal. we need to really try out, gearing seems way low on top but it will rev to the moon, but dont like to rev real high, im a midrange guy--actually its my kids, i have the drz for the old guy

Edited by foolofsand

Congrats and I have a feeling you will waste no time to put plenty of miles on this bad boy. What upgrades are in store?

New pipe, different seat for those longer 200+ mile rides, more fuel capacity, storage for some tools and stuff, maybe some crash bars, upgraded skid plate, etc etc. The list is never-ending in the dual sport world. It all depends on how hard and far you want to ride. It will do for now though in stick trim.

Yep, picked it up from Joe a week or so ago. awesome bike and Joe gave a good deal. we need to really try out, gearing seems way low on top but it will rev to the moon, but dont like to rev real high, im a midrange guy--actually its my kids, i have the drz for the old guy

Nice. That is one super nice WR. I thought about picking that bike up for my barely legal single track and duner bike. Sounds like it could use another tooth on the countershaft sprocket and it's golden! Congrats. What part of Vegas are you? Ever go on some good, long DS rides? I could introduce you to a great group of Vegas/ Henderson dual sport riders. We're always going out. We should hook up for some rides.

New pipe, different seat for those longer 200+ mile rides, more fuel capacity, storage for some tools and stuff, maybe some crash bars, upgraded skid plate, etc etc. The list is never-ending in the dual sport world. It all depends on how hard and far you want to ride. It will do for now though in stick trim.

Dude, you might be able to pay for a new muffler if you sell that stock one for scrap. That fugger is almost as big as my... um... yeah, it's big.

Dude, you might be able to pay for a new muffler if you sell that stock one for scrap. That fugger is almost as big as my... um... yeah, it's big.

hahaaa no kidding! I heard it weighs like 6 lbs. It's a muffler and cat converter. :rolleyes:

Nice. That is one super nice WR. I thought about picking that bike up for my barely legal single track and duner bike. Sounds like it could use another tooth on the countershaft sprocket and it's golden! Congrats. What part of Vegas are you? Ever go on some good, long DS rides? I could introduce you to a great group of Vegas/ Henderson dual sport riders. We're always going out. We should hook up for some rides.

live in se area. used to go on rides all the time but now limited to when kids are off. so usually when they r off we are going to dumont and paiute trail for thurs nite, fri and back sat nite. sometimes sat only rides to dumont, amargosa or around the valley.