banshee rebuilds

I have the money to buy a quad and i want a banshee but need to know how often would i need to rebuild it, i have had many 2 strokes before and each one was different when it came to rebuilds...from someone who owns one how often do you rebuild yours?

• Like 1

Is going to depend what has been done to it and how hard you ride it. I had a stock banshee and went three years not toching it but thin I notice it just dident run as good , I had Rudy of Port magic port polish and weld crank a shave the base of the cyclender , now I check the cyclernder and replace the rings every season.

• 5 months later...

I have been plagued the last few builds with crank seal failures causing a lean condition and a holy piston. Lol. So I'm at an average of every 20-30 hours... However my old banshee ran for 4 hard seasons at Dumont without fail. Wish I kept that bike. Just watch compression and do cylinder leak down tests every season, or when in doubt, or bored, and you'll be fine.

Any big questions check out banshee.com

Pretty standard, if you modify the internals to run it harder you'll lose reliablity.....If you do the small mods that don't really matter so much then the bike will stay reliable for a long while! Run good oil and keep the right pre mix ratio and you should be fine!

Run it hard every so often though, I've lost rod bearings due to lending it out to riders that hardly hit power band (low lubrication to the lower rod). :pissed:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive had mine for around 14 years.....it was used when I got it. Its piped and jetted. Ive rebuilt the carbs once.....Riddened every year....and Im 220 lbs and I ride it pretty hard, either on or off....mostly on....Still running strong, I race 450's all the time, and have been waiting for years to rebuild it, but never have, not even once.