What are your Memorial Day weekend plans?

dunefreak

Just thought I'd share the little banner we put on our FB page and ask the same of everyone else?

post-3-0-98986600-1337870293_thumb.jpg

So what are your plans for this Memorial Day weekend? Sand? Dirt? Lake? Ocean? Pool? A little of everything? Have a great weekend and be safe no matter what you get into.

I plan on hitting Lake Mead, then a UFC party, then a dual sport ride on the new bike, and some laying around doing probably absolutely nothing on Monday. I think I'll be too beat to do anything else by then. Should be a great weekend. :beerpint:

• Like 1

I will be heading up to Pismo for the weekend, found a spot on memorial and a hotel...Taking the T4 out for it's first sand ride in pismo, eating some seafood and enjoying my 7 days of vacation!

Everyone be safe and have fun!

• Like 1

Memorial is shaping up like this. Lake Mead (Sandy Cove) Friday afternoon over till Saturday afternoon, Then going to UFC fight. Hang out at pools Sunday. Back to MG for Van Hallen Sunday evening. Monday back on the boat.

Pete you'll have to hit me up on the lake buddy. 8018643875

• Like 1

Uhmm, let's see? I guess my Memorial plans are tryin to find anything to do that is different than what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks which is sitting on my arse and having my arm in a sling. I can only hope the speed channel is up to par and their is some racing on tv as I have watched every free movie on starz, showtime and HBO. Only 4 more weeks of this sling and then physical therapy for 6 weeks. This is gonna be a long dam summer. At least I can get in the pool in about a week. Not complaining as the shoulder already feels better than it did but recovery sucks. Everybody be safe and have fun. Raise one for me!

Edited by ynot

Uhmm, let's see? I guess my Memorial plans are tryin to find anything to do that is different than what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks which is sitting on my arse and having my arm in a sling. I can only hope the speed channel is up to par and their is some racing on tv as I have watched every free movie on starz, showtime and HBO. Only 4 more weeks of this sling and then physical therapy for 6 weeks. This is gonna be a long dam summer. At least I can get in the pool in about a week. Not complaining as the shoulder already feels better than it did but recovery sucks. Everybody be safe and have fun. Raise one for me!

glad its feeling better.. we talked about you at yesterdays meet and eat..... it was all good!

Interesting!

Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

And not one person has even mentioned it. Nor probably even given it a thought. What happened to the days of parades to acknowledge? Of going to the cemetaries to place flags at the gravesites of our fallen? Just another day off of work now I suppose. Enjoy it.

We cherish too, the Poppy red

That grows on fields where valor led,

It seems to signal to the skies

That blood of heroes never dies.

Semper Fi y'all. Be safe whatever you choose to do.

The question was what are we doing over the weekend not what are we thinking about. In each persons mind espically in my generation we have realized the mistakes that were made during the Vietnam war and the lack of the due owed to the vets who returned and those who did not. I think we as a country have done a great job of changing that which happened so long ago. I for one although having never served had a brother who did 2 tours in Nam as a Green Beret, do you not think I appreciatre what he did and the sacfrices he has made his whole life because of it? It changes a person who comes back from a conflict. I can attest to some of it after 8 years in police work although different it is actually quite the same. Believe me it might not be in my posts but it is in my heart and that is what matters, not words on a post read by a few.

Terry

• Like 1

The question was what are we doing over the weekend not what are we thinking about.

Exactly, and these (http://walnut.patch.com/articles/memorial-day-events-planned-throughout-the-area) are things we USED to DO, not THINK about. A lot of cities held Memorial Day parades and picnics afterwards where the younger generations could meet and mingle with Vets and hear thier stories, gain an appreciation for an older generation. Many small towns in the Heartland and down South continue to do so. I've just noticed that in the 19 years that I've been out west here that MOST could give a rats a$$ about why the day is celebrated, they just want the extra day off to party and whatnot.

So my point was no one mentioned that they were partaking of any of the Memorial Day ceremonies. It seemed to have slipped everyones mind. Just an obsevation, not an attack against you for what you were thinking. Just wondered why of all the members we have on DDR nobody even mentioned the reason we have this day.

Anybody going to Riverside National Cemetery tomorrow???

Anybody going to Riverside National Cemetery tomorrow???

We have a family reunion every memorial day, with my inlaws. Not certain if we will be there for sure, but my sister in law has a boyfriend/fiance buried there. He died when an IED took out their humvee. That was a heartbreaking time for the whole family. I remember the funeral and the memorial service like it was yesterday. His dad, a baptist pastor, performed his son's funeral service. Whole lot of tears flowing that day for sure. We remember him every year, as he gave so much, as all our vetrans have, so that we can enjoy our freedom :usa:

Edited by andydew