vw powered playtec stolen?

gaaaaaawd dam i know i mite be steppin into a hornets nest here posting this. but here goes nuttin'. i just had a guy offer me a sandrail and he says it's a playtec. he's not a thief. he's not even into the hobby...it was abandoned on his property. he went to police...no help. went to CHP. no help.....can't find any serial #'s or any identifying charachteristics to find owner. ..he gave up looking and decided to sell it...HE DOESN'T KNOW FOR SURE IT'S STOLEN.....all indications i have are how the f*** could it not be stolen. i asked if he really wanted to find the owner if it IS stolen and he said "by all means".....so i'm gonna ask anybody knows of a stolen playtec in the last few years powered by a VW ENGINE......not any other engine powered.....to send me a picture of it.......EFF NO....i ain't posting a picture of the buggy....yer gonna have to trust me on this...if it's YOUR stolen buggy or even looks close you will get the inside track on seeing it/identifying it. if i wasn't to be trusted i wouldn't make this attempt......i'm gonna be the final say on whether or not you get to see the actual buggy or pictures.....i haven't even seen it yet but will get a picture in the next week or less. it's quite a ways away from me. send me a pm or post here if you got sumthin for me. i PROMISE if it's YOUR buggy i will get it back to you, but you gotta prove it's yours(if it really is stolen) or you can call me 7sic so six six too zeruh nine fie too.

• Like 1

i keep seeing a post on glamisdotcom about a playtec stolen and i can't get a look at the picture. for some reason, even after i signed up to the website it still won't let me look at pictures.....can someone pleeeeeeeze go take a look and tell me what colors it is or have the guy contact me?

if i could see the back better it would confirm yes or no....front sure looks like a match, although it looks much lighter than the other one. can someone please contact them and tell them to email or call me? i can't get on g/d dot com, even though i registered there?

well, i just looked at pictures i took from 50 feet away in a locked/gated property and realized theirs is a 4 seater and this one's 2 seats. i didn't get close enough to see if the seats were just removed, or if it was always a 2 seater. still could be it, but just need to see a good picture from the back/top side....called the # on the g/d site and left message....so when i hear from them i will let y'all know the status.

all three of us met in o/c sunday and this will be resolved on friday....with in my opinion 95% probability we got a match......they just have to travel to where the rail is now to compare notes......one lesson here is to have a serial # on your rail and register it....without that you got no way to prove it's yours.......the REAL hero here is the guy that has the rail in his possession right now. he made MUCH effort to find an owner, but wasn't involved in the hobby, so didn't know the proper way to do the searching.....he could have made this thing run or parted it out and it never would have made it to the owner ....then he agreed to one last step to let me find the owner. how the cops didn't find the owner is unconcienable.....they didn't even try is the answer.

Good man, Randy. I am sure just about everyone else on here would have done the same. We're all hard working, honest duners like yourself and hate to see other people lose their toys that they enjoy so much. Sounds like this is going to turn out to be a great outcome for the owner.

Randy is AWESOME!!!!! My husband, daughter and I are so grateful to Randy and Ray for their great effort in reuniting us back with our sandrail. We always knew the dune community was great but this is over the top!!!!!

We will be so glad to bring our buggy home and YES we will finish the registration process immediately.

Sue, Jim and Jessica

Hey Randy,

I'm not going to get sloppy here but I think you are awsome. Yes there might be others that may go to the level you did to get these people their rail back but for a kid that rode the short yellow bus to school when you were younger ..... this is awsome. :lol: Good job!

I hope to meet up with you and the family again! "That's a fact Jack!"

Pat

I also agree that Randy did a great job and went above and beyond! I also found it strange that there were "haters" on GD.com about his attempts to do the right thing. i think there are a couple of members over there that owe randy an apology.

Terry