vw powered playtec stolen?

I also agree that Randy did a great job and went above and beyond! I also found it strange that there were "haters" on GD.com about his attempts to do the right thing. i think there are a couple of members over there that owe randy an apology.

Terry

Someone over there got mad about it?

I don't know you Randy but you're definitely my kind of people...honest, hard working and out to do the right thing for someone you didn't even know. You knew someone had their prized possession taken and you set out to find the rightful owner. Your integrity speaks volumes for the kind of family the majority of the duning community truly is whereas the typical press for us is usually about some a-hole destroying our riding areas or doing something so stupid that we're all stuck with the same idiot off-roader label.

Edited by Mr. Sandman

A couple of comments about guilty conciensce and

"Looks like a match... dude better be able to explain WHO gave it to him or.. possesion of stolen property.. etc. etc."

Some other things ike that. maybe I took them wrong but seemed like they had the bus fired up and trying to run Randy over with it. Just my opinion.

yes, i know there's a couple boneheads over there that can't read...there's never a shortage of people willing to engage their mouth before engaging their brain....but they are to be forgiven......i figgered when i first posted i would have several irate victims asking to look at it to see if it was theirs, asking me to send pictures of it to them, that sort of thing.... after i put 140 miles on my car to go get pictures and i started looking for an owner it only took maybe 15 minutes tops to find the owners, but i couldn't know it was them until i saw the pictures several days later(even then i couldn't be sure until talking to him)....i got no way of knowing weather there was one or twenty playtechs (if it even WAS a playtech for sure)stolen in the last several years in california....i wasted a LOT of time continuing my search....i saw posts where stolen sandrails were modified to make them not look like the one they had stolen so they could list it for sale..i had visions of the cops showing up at my house to then lead them to it in handcuffs...just glad it's over for me....i don't know what it is about glamisdunes.com, but i tried to register there several years ago so i could see pictures on that site and couldn't back then either...i could read the thread, but not see pics...i still couldn't get in there several days after i found the owners. bottom line is we couln't have found them without glamisdunes.com , so i tip my hat to them......and to any law enforcement looking at this thread.....google can be your friend if you will just USE it.

• Like 1

yes, i know there's a couple boneheads over there that can't read...there's never a shortage of people willing to engage their mouth before engaging their brain....but they are to be forgiven......i figgered when i first posted i would have several irate victims asking to look at it to see if it was theirs, asking me to send pictures of it to them, that sort of thing.... after i put 140 miles on my car to go get pictures and i started looking for an owner it only took maybe 15 minutes tops to find the owners, but i couldn't know it was them until i saw the pictures several days later(even then i couldn't be sure until talking to him)....i got no way of knowing weather there was one or twenty playtechs (if it even WAS a playtech for sure)stolen in the last several years in california....i wasted a LOT of time continuing my search....i saw posts where stolen sandrails were modified to make them not look like the one they had stolen so they could list it for sale..i had visions of the cops showing up at my house to then lead them to it in handcuffs...just glad it's over for me....i don't know what it is about glamisdunes.com, but i tried to register there several years ago so i could see pictures on that site and couldn't back then either...i could read the thread, but not see pics...i still couldn't get in there several days after i found the owners. bottom line is we couln't have found them without glamisdunes.com , so i tip my hat to them......and to any law enforcement looking at this thread.....google can be your friend if you will just USE it.

you are a rare breed of person that actually cares,it's amazing to still see that quality in some people i'm sure you made the rightful owners year by getting there sandrail back to them i just want to tell you thanks! for being a stand up guy and hopefully you will be blessed for your good deeds!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

the sandrail was picked up by the owners yesterday. previously i said i couldn't have found the owners without glamisdunes. but i forgot to mention i couldn't have done it without dumontduneriders either ....again, thanks for all the help and support!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is AWESOME. very very rare this would ever happen for anyone. Kudos for helping them get their rail back.... Ok, we read every single post! now can we all see the sandrail that was stolen? it would be interesting to see it and the condition it was returned in. hopefully it was complete if the engine was still in the car.