fishing with the kids at lake mead....where too go?

goodguys75

wanted to take the kids to go fishing on shore to the lake....anyone know of a good area that you can drive up too....off road is fine and would prefere to be in a little nice cove with them....any tips would be great thanks andre

Depends what you want to fish for. They stock Trout down at Willow beach and there is a nice picnic area there. If you want to try for stripers then any cove at the north shore road or south shore road might work. I used to fish for stripers in Echo Bay by the campground but I doubt if that is even there since the water has gone down so far.

I think that Willow beach is your best bet. You can take the kids to the hatchery too to see that. It's right there north of the store.

If you don't mind a little drive Cotton Wood cove outside of Searchlight is cool and the water is always at the same level and close to some nice stripers.

enjoy,

Pat

I ended up going to willow beach....very nice, but it was very windy last fri.....a few bites but nothing much....will try again....thanks for all the input......33hole sounds good, but did not want to take the kids on a hike for the first time out there...might try it out myself first....