raptor is tuned... finally

Loaded the bike up this morning and got to Pure Evil, since i knew where i was going it was much easier to find today.

Everything went pretty smooth, he has raised his price to $200 if anyone is curious.

I am pretty happy with the results. The Tune i got from the Raptorforum.com was rich somewhere in the 14 - 14.5 range to A/F. That was a 48 hp pull out of the box.. still pretty good. With the timing adjustments and getting it close to 13 the best was 50.84 at 97*. So in the cooler temps i could see as much as 54 based on his experience of .5 - 1 hp per 10* in temp.

The dyno sheet here shows the difference between the open DMC pipes and with the Quiet Cores in place. he did a 2nd tune for me as well for the quiet cores. It was a good thing we checked as he thought it would run rich, but ended up putting it lean. Below 6000 is the big difference with as much as a 3hp drop, which is where i want the power.

post-7315-0-68590800-1340843714_thumb.jp

post-7315-0-68590800-1340843714_thumb.jp

When i rode the bike yesterday in my neighborhood, with just the canned tune, it was sweet. I was doing a burnout... sliding sideways.. and doing a wheely down the street. NOT on purpose either.

I think this will be good power for me for a while, as a duner and not a racer this should be plenty of pep to keep up. The 50.8 is right where i thought i would be, so not exceeded but met is very good. with the possibility of 53-54hp though in cooler temps, exceeded is a possiblity. :) The top speed in 4th gear was just over 70mph... that is pretty damn fast to me, with a gear to go.

I am ready for a run big D. Need some carpool options though, with my Oregon trip and wedding to pay for money is tight. Not to mention the future wife noticed the all the parts i just bought.. whoops. :) At least she is nice about it, and lets me have my fun.

When i rode the bike yesterday in my neighborhood, with just the canned tune, it was sweet. I was doing a burnout... sliding sideways.. and doing a wheely down the street. NOT on purpose either.

I think this will be good power for me for a while, as a duner and not a racer this should be plenty of pep to keep up. The 50.8 is right where i thought i would be, so not exceeded but met is very good. with the possibility of 53-54hp though in cooler temps, exceeded is a possiblity. :) The top speed in 4th gear was just over 70mph... that is pretty damn fast to me, with a gear to go.

I am ready for a run big D. Need some carpool options though, with my Oregon trip and wedding to pay for money is tight. Not to mention the future wife noticed the all the parts i just bought.. whoops. :) At least she is nice about it, and lets me have my fun.

She does now but you will pay double what you bought in parts as soon as the ring goes on! That's just the standard cost so get used to it now:)

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

I installed DMC Force 4 duals, Prodesign K&N w/ outerwear, and i have the lid off with an outerwear cover over the stock airbox. I have the PC5 with timing for the tune. The timing helped for sure.

51 (50.84) is good in my book. with the temps so hot and the alititude in Vegas, and the fact his dyno reads low (but supposedly accurately) the end result is exactly what i was expecting and hoping for. :)

i can't wait to ride,, so bad i am going to ride Apex Saturday morning.

• Like 1