Nevada OHV rules paperwork in..

Adam @ GTP Off Road

I bought my bike in 2010 or 2009 I believe and i do not have a title but i do have a dmv bill of sale sold by private party. So sounds like im going to have to apply for a title :/ sounds like this is going to be a pain in the a$$ too! can i just buy a cali sticker from carter until july 2013? ( i live in las vegas )

a Cali sticker will work till July 1, 2013... and after really. Escpecially if you don't ride in NV how are they going to know until you sell it.

You are NOT required to get a NV title for an OHV purchased before July 1, 2012.

You ARE required to get the registration sticker, but again, NV has to know you even own the OHV and/or see it riden in NV. I still think getting the NV tag is easier and a little cheaper, but NV is going to have a real tough time tracking down all OHVs owned by Nevadens. Plus are they really going to spend a bunch of time tracking people down for stickers? Now if the bike is sold in Nevada, and has never been registered before before they might figure it out, and the new owner would have to get a title, theortically, so they would have to register as well.

Overall, it's just easier to get the NV stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

just saw that nevada sticker....there is no way i stick that huge f'n sticker on my quad. if i do buy it, it will stay in my camelback until they actually catch and make me put it on my quad. it's not like i ride a lot in nevada, but i do get the itch from time to time and putt around apex for a bit.

think for this huge sticker i'm going to build an aluminum plate the same size, afix the sticker to that, and mount it behind my nerf bar. i think it will fit and I can mount it temporary.....i really hope the address the size of the sticker. i can see the big one for a rail or rzr or something like that but not a quad or dirtbike.

My Rhino is now legally registered in Nevada. Got the sticker yesterday. Now to get my Rail done.It just needs to be taken to get the Vin inspected,. It doesn't have one so now they will assign one and away we go!

My Rhino is now legally registered in Nevada. Got the sticker yesterday. Now to get my Rail done.It just needs to be taken to get the Vin inspected,. It doesn't have one so now they will assign one and away we go!

How long did it take to get your stickers Pat? I sent mine in last weekend wondering if I'll have them in time.

Where are these huge things gonna fit on our 70's

Only took me a week from the time I submitted the paperwork. As far as the location........Might consider a hanging frame with the sticker on the back bar like flavfan is talking about. Other than that if on the fender it will cover most of it! They sant it on the rear of left side visable!

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the question, but I could really use the help. I understand the process, but there is one thing I need clarity on. AM I GOING TO BE CHARGED TAXES ON THE ORIGINAL SALES PRICE? or any taxes at all for that matter?

I have the certificate of origin from the builder ( one of the large sand rail manufactures ) this was dated in 2006 and addressed to the original owner

I have the bill of sale that was purchased recently this year.

the owner did NOT have the title, he only had the certificate of origin. He never submitted paperwork to get the title in 06. The certificate was in his name, and there was no loan on the rail.

I have had the VIN verification done by ride now

I have the certificate of origin

I have a bill of sale

I will fill out the application for OHV registration

and I will send in the checks for both the registration and the title fees.

Am I going to have to pay taxes?

Sorry for the question, but I could really use the help. I understand the process, but there is one thing I need clarity on. AM I GOING TO BE CHARGED TAXES ON THE ORIGINAL SALES PRICE? or any taxes at all for that matter?

I have the certificate of origin from the builder ( one of the large sand rail manufactures ) this was dated in 2006 and addressed to the original owner

I have the bill of sale that was purchased recently this year.

the owner did NOT have the title, he only had the certificate of origin. He never submitted paperwork to get the title in 06. The certificate was in his name, and there was no loan on the rail.

I have had the VIN verification done by ride now

I have the certificate of origin

I have a bill of sale

I will fill out the application for OHV registration

and I will send in the checks for both the registration and the title fees.

Am I going to have to pay taxes?

I have titled and registered 2 sand rails now and can tell you that you will not have to pay any tax. You are going to need a statement of facts, you also need to take the vehicle to the dmv for an offroad vin inspection if you have not done so , just to save you some time. Download the statement of facts, fill it out and get it notarized and send with all your original paperwork. Oh and don't forget to make copy's of every thing you send them in case they loose your stuff. Also sent certified mail! :thumb:

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE

I have titled and registered 2 sand rails now and can tell you that you will not have to pay any tax. You are going to need a statement of facts, you also need to take the vehicle to the dmv for an offroad vin inspection if you have not done so , just to save you some time. Download the statement of facts, fill it out and get it notarized and send with all your original paperwork. Oh and don't forget to make copy's of every thing you send them in case they loose your stuff. Also sent certified mail! :thumb:

thank you sand snake i will get the statement of facts filled out and notarized.

I had ride now do the VIN inspection. that works the same right?

how long does it usually take from sending the paperwork out to receiving the title?

where can i get the statement of facts? I did a google search and it didnt pop up right away.

thank you sand snake i will get the statement of facts filled out and notarized.

I had ride now do the VIN inspection. that works the same right?

how long does it usually take from sending the paperwork out to receiving the title?

Nevada dmv website your can download the form. In addition to ride now inspection you ALSO NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE DMV and have it inspected there also. you can expect to receive title and registration 2 to 4 weeks if you don't make any mistakes.

Edited by SAND~~SNAKE