5th Annual ATC70 Regatta...updated: event canceled

dunefreak

Can you believe it's already time for us to fill out out our BLM permit packet for the 5th Annual ATC70 Regatta? That's right. 5th Annual! Crazy huh?

We have to get our permit into the BLM 6 months ahead of time in order to pull off next year's event. We're hoping everything comes together smoothly, but tentatively plan for the first weekend in February 2013. Details to come as the next 70 regatta unfolds.

post-3-0-36234100-1343526670_thumb.jpg

man its coming up fast!!! I need to get my freaking carb situated....

Hey Pete arent you running a mikuni 22mm? if so what jets are you using? they sent it to me but its waaaayy fat.

man its coming up fast!!! I need to get my freaking carb situated....

Hey Pete arent you running a mikuni 22mm? if so what jets are you using? they sent it to me but its waaaayy fat.

yep, I can't remember the sizes though. It's posted somewhere on here or GD. I'll see if I can find it.

Come on Pete. You can pull it off. One small accident and its over. Having the proper permits can save some azzes. Just saying. Either way I am there. Let me know if I can help I have a wife that's sits at home 24/7.

Actually no. The whole "official event" won't get put on if we don't get a permit. It will just be a dune trip.

So far, that's what it's looking like. Every year they add more crap that is required. It's ridiculous. I think I am done. Time to pass the torch to someone else. Who wants it?

Actually no. The whole "official event" won't get put on if we don't get a permit. It will just be a dune trip.

So far, that's what it's looking like. Every year they add more crap that is required. It's ridiculous. I think I am done. Time to pass the torch to someone else. Who wants it?

:ninja:

Your work thus far has been much appreciated, I'm at my absolute limit in regards to the Ca. bureaucracy in my field of work, taking something like this on would most likely make me act as a disgruntled postal worker :grin:

:ninja:

Your work thus far has been much appreciated, I'm at my absolute limit in regards to the Ca. bureaucracy in my field of work, taking something like this on would most likely make me act as a disgruntled postal worker :grin:

Thanks. And I know how much everyone appreciates it, but I am really at my limit with this stuff. The BLM requires things that I (and DDR) just cannot provide and I feel like I am putting myself at risk. I go through it every year and we squeak by to get our permit. It is more than just sucking it up and filling out paperwork at this point. Like I said, the BLM is asking for things that I can't provide. It's unfortunate that other people's irresponsibility has made it this way.

I think we need to get back to the basics and just go out and have fun on our 70's as friends. No big production that requires permits and such.

Thanks. And I know how much everyone appreciates it, but I am really at my limit with this stuff. The BLM requires things that I (and DDR) just cannot provide and I feel like I am putting myself at risk. I go through it every year and we squeak by to get our permit. It is more than just sucking it up and filling out paperwork at this point. Like I said, the BLM is asking for things that I can't provide. It's unfortunate that other people's irresponsibility has made it this way.

I think we need to get back to the basics and just go out and have fun on our 70's as friends. No big production that requires permits and such.

if it can't be done oh well Pete don't stress.

let's just dune the 70's to the north pole lol.

we can all just invade Glamis and represent at their regatta ha!

if it can't be done oh well Pete don't stress.

let's just dune the 70's to the north pole lol.

we can all just invade Glamis and represent at their regatta ha!

Glamis doesn't have a regatta anymore for the same reason. They even tried to roll it into the EPO races under that permit and the BLM said no.

Ride the 70's to the north pole...yes! Hmm, does someone make a desert tank for ATC70's? :idea: lol This may be MORE fun.

Glamis doesn't have a regatta anymore for the same reason. They even tried to roll it into the EPO races under that permit and the BLM said no.

Ride the 70's to the north pole...yes! Hmm, does someone make a desert tank for ATC70's? lol This may be MORE fun.

oh really? that's a bummer...

haha I just carry a gallon, I think it would be awesome and I'm going to attempt it this season!

I hear ya Pete; but man that sucks. I made it to #3 to watch, and to #4 to race participate :assblast: . I get questions about it often when I'm wearing the shirts. Even if you decide to drop the event, I for one want to say how impressed I was with all of your efforts, and what a great event you all put on :bowdown::DDRrocks::702::70:

Edited by andydew

It's not really a choice of mine at this point. I stopped half way through filling out the permit packet because I came to multiple things that the BLM requires which I (and DDR) simply cannot provide. If I decided to go through with putting on the 5th Annual Regatta, participants would probably have to pay over $100 per person for an entry fee to cover these things. That's retarded. Are you willing to pay that just to enter? Plus t-shirts? Plus lunch? Plus raffle....etc. It's just become way too much to produce. We aren't a big enough group or business to produce this event with the new requirements. They want too much now. Our sponsors have helped tremendously in the past and we can't thank them enough, but asking them to step up even more for such a small event would be ridiculous and way out of line. Check out the BLM's SRP Application and look at the Event Operating Plan section. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry guys. We had a good run. We can still go out and have fun. Do trophies and t-shirts really make it that much more fun? Let's just go out anyways and race around on the 70's which is how it began in the first place.

Again, not putting on the 5th annual regatta is not my choice. :(

• Like 1