5th Annual ATC70 Regatta...updated: event canceled

dunefreak

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched for years the BLM create mountains of paperwork for Vendors and Event Organizers, Basically it comes down to, if the BLM person in charge that year likes you or not. because no one meets all the stupid rules they have in place.

I like the idea of the little dumont dunes, I like to ride sand and last years track turned to dirt. I think we could all ride on the little dumont dunes and have a great time duning and hanging out.

If you can't call it a "Rally or Regatta then I guess we will just show up on a common weekend and have a Dune Trip. I think we could have a great time, I think that Trophies and T-shirts do not need to be part of weekend.

We should start a new thread, Who's Going on a 70's Dune Trip to Dumont Little Dunes on Feb $%^#%^ I'm in:)

• Like 1

This sucks Pete. You have done so much for the 70s addiction group. I am all up for cruising the dunes and gathering and hooking up a killer memory run. Thanks for all your efforts and making some incredible memories...

Thank you, Chris. As it gets closer we'll all have to figure out what weekend would be good to hook up for a trip out there. Should be a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,

I admire you for the years you have done it!!!

It is a HUGE PITA, no doubt.

We can plan a trip just like any other time, nothing organized other than the dates.

Bravo to you and the wife for the last 4 years.

Glamis peeps will be there!!!

I have a couple projects in the works

post-6049-0-39854200-1349561533_thumb.jp

post-6049-0-21793500-1349561554_thumb.jp

Edited by matt86m

Thank you, Matt! Means alot.

I'm really looking forward to the informal trip where we have more time to have some old skool fun, just how it started. I'll have ALOT more time to hang out with everyone too. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, Principal Pete told me to do my homework so here I am checking on the 70 Regatta. It really sucks that it has to be such a pain-in-the-a$$, I wish I could have made it to 1 of the others. Oh well!

So should the 2nd weekend of February (Weekend before Pres. Day weekend) be the weekend where everyone goes to Dumont on thier own accord and brings thier 70's and just so happens to meet up and take a ride to one of the Poles???

I would like to meet up with some DDR peeps on my one and only Dumont trip this year.

How about it???

Either the first or 2nd weekend I'm guessing. We should know as it gets closer. But if you're going the 2nd weekend, then it's the 2nd weekend. lol We have got to make it whatever weekend you and Tami can make it. You guys don't suck. Would love to do a trip when you guys could join us.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looks like were out for the 2nd weekend. Tamdizzle works at a shop where nobody can apparently take charge of themselves and be responsible enough to manage themselves for a few days. Bunch-a-dumb azz college morons!!! The work ethic in the town is pathetic!!!

Anyways, we will figure out another date!

Well, looks like were out for the 2nd weekend. Tamdizzle works at a shop where nobody can apparently take charge of themselves and be responsible enough to manage themselves for a few days. Bunch-a-dumb azz college morons!!! The work ethic in the town is pathetic!!!

Anyways, we will figure out another date!

Lame. We were leaning towards that weekend of Feb 8-10 too

I know it is too late for this year, but what about going through AMA, CORVA etc? We ride the Hare Scramble season and all of the races rely on AMA insurance etc. to have the races. Some are even on BLM land. Everyone participating would need to buy an AMA card, about $36 but it is good for a year and supports the AMA anyway.

Just a thought,

• Like 1