Camping Via Tent

Garfield YXZ

well I took a tent to dumont once, Key word once lol and the wind blew it all over the place But I didnt have a good anchor I usually sleep in the cab of my truck but after a few nights that gets pretty uncomfortable So i was thinking about going back to a tent this time tying it down with cinder blocks or do you guys think that the killer dumont wind will be 2-0 vs my tent theory lol

thanks - matt

Hi Matt. Not a lot of information in your profile. Do you live in the Las Vegas area?

You don't see a lot of tent camping at Dumont, especially because of the wind (and the hard and rocky ground ) ! Yes, there are some, but it's not the most comfortable situation. Adam has it right, camp near others to block the wind. How do you haul that CR500, in the bed of your truck? I don't know your situation, but you might consider a small enclosed trailer with minimal conveniences.

Welcome to the site and consider meeting at the South Pole on a big weekend Saturday for the meet and greet at 2:00. :hello:

i have been very lucky on my trips out last season with friends helping me out. people can be VERY generous.

I plan on using my truck bed if/when i have to for sleep. i have a bed rug in mine and a bed cover so i wouldn't even use a tent. it's good cover from wind, and the cover would help keep me warm.

I really want a Hauler but it's not going to happen anytime real soon, so i have my eye on a small enclosed trailer. my problem is I don't have anywhere to store it at my house and i can't imagine paying a bunch of money to store a little 6x12 or 7x 14 size trailer. The enclosed seems like a great way to go as it's not super expensive but gives you cover, storage area, and all that.

I love my truck bed tent..

I have not used it at Dumont as of yet, but it has been great. I have a memory foam that I put in mine, it is very comfortable, being up off the ground. And I dont have any problems with the old bones... But I am not nearly as old sanddawg.. :lol:

• Like 2

I love my truck bed tent..

I have not used it at Dumont as of yet, but it has been great. I have a memory foam that I put in mine, it is very comfortable, being up off the ground. And I dont have any problems with the old bones... But I am not nearly as old sanddawg.. :lol:

Wow!! Terry lays low for a few days and lets the Dawg rest, then you pick up the challenge. :watching: Hey Sandawg, you out there? Another gauntlet has been thrown!!! :slap:

• Like 1

She loves me........and she's not near as old as me. How could I not cherish Jodie!! :bowdown:

Nobody that's drawing breath is as old as you are! That tent would have to come with a crane attached to get his old a$$ up each morning and during the night to pee!!! :clown:

Whoa there for a bit Mr..........You have more medical miracles implanted in your old tired torn up body than I will ever have.

At least I don't have to sit down to pee or take a pill to get it up.............I'm sorry I said I'd never tell that one! :shake: My bad! Any how, if you live to be my age, and were in as close to the shape I'm in, you will certainly be enshrined in the Smithonian .. :clap:

Edited by sandawg

She loves me........and she's not near as old as me. How could I not cherish Jodie!! :bowdown:

Shhh... your not supposed to tell anyone! :ninja::laughing:

I do love my truck bed tent though, if you can pick one of those up, you should be good, I still have to order the strap pads $15.00 for pads that wrap arond the straps for extra protection for when the wind does blow.

Whoa there for a bit Mr..........You have more medical miracles implanted in your old tired torn up body than I will ever have.

At least I don't have to sit down to pee or take a pill to get it up.............I'm sorry I said I'd never tell that one! :shake: My bad! Any how, if you live to be my age, and were in as close to the shape I'm in, you will certainly be enshrined in the Smithonian .. :clap:

I have lots more medical mircles that's for sure! Thank God for titanium and plastic. At least when I kick the bucket my body will be worth more that the normal .72 cents. I have stuff that can be recycled! As far as sitting and taking a pill you must have me confused with one of your older friends (Sorry Bob) but those thank the lord are not my issues or problems.