How was this year's sand show?

dunefreak

Nothing really new compared to past SSSS's. It's already been said, LOTS of SXS's. The new Can Am Maverick's look pretty cool. The 4 seat model will not be out until Summer 2013. Quite a few custom and overpriced SXS's ($35,000+ :dayum: ).

Super hot Saturday and cooler Sunday. I couldn't find a number of vendors from past years (Embee Powdercoating, Sand Buggy Supply etc.) Sand Limo was outside again this year instead of inside. Not as much bling as in past years with sand rails hanging from the ceiling. Fewer small vendors this year. It appears the economy has run them out of business or they simply can't afford to participate at the Sand Show. Did see some high dollar, big horsepower motors and LT cars, but - - - - I sure can't afford a $150K car.

Beer was $9 for a small cup. Saw Larry in the BLM booth and picked up the annual pass. Didn't have a camera, so no pic's. Several photographers from Sand Sports Magazine were there so the next issue will be full of photos.

SXSs seems to be the future... I can't imagine paying 35k for a SXS. Since that is well into a decent sand car.

I guess the SXSs are supposed to be more reliable??? but i would still rather have a car.

Not much new in the quad world for a while so not much to see there anyway. waiting for a twin cylinder sport ATV. :)

SXSs seems to be the future... I can't imagine paying 35k for a SXS. Since that is well into a decent sand car.

I guess the SXSs are supposed to be more reliable??? but i would still rather have a car.

Not much new in the quad world for a while so not much to see there anyway. waiting for a twin cylinder sport ATV. :)

Not sure that a NEW sxs would be any more reliable than a NEW rail;

I think the biggest draw with those are the financing. I mean, who has 50-60 grand to go buy a new rail, and what bank would loan you that kind of money on a vehicle that doesn't come with a blue book value...

...but most anybody can go down and sign up for a convenient monthly payment for a sxs.

I'm not talking crap on them by any means, just my $0.02 as to why they've become so popular.

• Like 1

banshee?

No photos from anyone? I took some but not as many. Hard to get some clear shots without someone in the way but thats how it goes. Here are some.

I loved the graphics inside the wheel

p1127217792-3.jpg

Funco gen 6 I think

p1127174476-3.jpg

I like the cutaways

p1127187348-3.jpg

Expensive digital dash to show an old analogue gage

p1127185302-3.jpg

No shortage of great paint and graphics

p1127196138-3.jpg

$207,000 and no trunk. Street legal, bada$$

p1127200176-3.jpg

My favorite car there from SCU. Mostly cause of Joes paint job. Nice!

p1127182882-3.jpg

And as mentioned, it should be called the SxS show.

p1127171770-3.jpg

Some more on my site. Overall I enjoyed it. Caught up with friends and made some good contacts for my photo biz. Made my yearly pilgrimage to the Sand Sports booth. Got my season pass and a new light bar for my rail.

• Like 2

You haven't ridden until you have been on a finely tuned 2 stroke single or twin cylinder quad. The fact that you have to learn on how to keep the bike "up on the pipe" and shift it to do so is so different than the 4 strokes. The 4 strokes are great but you don't have to "ride" them as much you just go along for the ride, don't have to downshift at just the right time as you do on a 2 stroke. I rode both and prefer the banshee and always will have a love for the sound and the skill a good Banshee rider has. But then that's just my opinion and we all now what that's worth:)

You haven't ridden until you have been on a finely tuned 2 stroke single or twin cylinder quad. The fact that you have to learn on how to keep the bike "up on the pipe" and shift it to do so is so different than the 4 strokes. The 4 strokes are great but you don't have to "ride" them as much you just go along for the ride, don't have to downshift at just the right time as you do on a 2 stroke. I rode both and prefer the banshee and always will have a love for the sound and the skill a good Banshee rider has. But then that's just my opinion and we all now what that's worth:)

I agree totally. I like my friends banshee over my YFZ. banshee is much more fun.

and the sound is a plus! lol can't beat it

yup yup;

I run my wifes raptor sometimes, but my favorite time on a quad is borrowing my buddies banshee! Light and nimble, and hitting the power band :headbang1: . wow