Halloween weekend 2012 trip reports and pictures

Dumont Dune Riders

Good to be at the dunes again.

Windy off and on Thursday, almost all of friday, but Saturday was perfection. Got hot.

Got in a Peep Show :rolleyes:

RZR test drive, gotta get one.

Learning how to talk to a deaf 75 year lady was awesome. Don't screw with her she reads lips perfect.

I didn't take many pic's. Just of the peeps. :slap: See what I can find.

Don't screw with Travis's fire. "you want more fire, heres your damn fire. :ken: Now we have a Bon Fire you have to stand ten feet away from.

Only saw one stupid guy air a LT car with no spotter. Maybe he could see more then I could.

post-1439-0-63477800-1351459042_thumb.jp

Mean deaf lady will try almost anything. Really she is a sweetheart

post-1439-0-85244300-1351459059_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-64049700-1351459088_thumb.jp

post-1439-0-00308200-1351459202_thumb.jp

Edited by desertskyz
  • Like 1

Great weekend, even though I didnt have my car.. Fun with the Family and friends.. Wouldnt have it any other way. Not sure what was going on with the Sheriff office and BLM..Drug sniffing dogs ? guess we are so close to the border that this is an issue? They was searching about every 5 trailers or so... Checking Vins at the gate. cmon now.. I am sure this will have its own topic soon

Capt

I think they might have had undercover people working comp hill Sat night. Two people came up and asked me if I had any pot. I told them I didn't smoke.

They said "come on. You have to know someone who has some" I again told them sorry, I don't smoke and neither do my friends. They badgered me a little more then moved on. It was weird.

SOunds like they are looking to stay busy.. I dont think its right.... we are 35 or 45 miles from the closest town and they want to look around? Cmon now we are in the middle of the desert ..

Capt

I think they might have had undercover people working comp hill Sat night. Two people came up and asked me if I had any pot. I told them I didn't smoke.

They said "come on. You have to know someone who has some" I again told them sorry, I don't smoke and neither do my friends. They badgered me a little more then moved on. It was weird.

SOunds like they are looking to stay busy.. I dont think its right.... we are 35 or 45 miles from the closest town and they want to look around? Cmon now we are in the middle of the desert ..

Capt

I was pissed. I'm curious if anyone else was approached by these guys.

Had a great time with our camp this weekend. Went trick or treating with the kids on Sat night. I needed a costume in a hurry so I cut arms in my Honda generator cover a stuck my head thru the top I thought it looked good, but didn't get any candy, I guess I'm too old now. :(

Went on a few rides in the early mornings and a few nights at comp. Looked to me as the turnout was a much less than most holiday weekends in the past. Everyone at our camp said the same but we still had a great time.

Weather was good all weekend a little windy on Friday great for loosing my kite!!! If anyone found my shark kite flying over the finger by bathroom 5 I would like it back. If landed in your camp and caused any damage its not mine but I would still like it back :lol:.

Maybe one of the kids has a pic of me with my silly costume on.

Edited by Lasvegas Atvtours
  • Like 1

Just got back from a 6day/5 night trip out there. Enjoyed beautiful, smooth sand until Friday. The haunted house was awesome! Thanks for all the effort you guys put into that! You had my niece & nephew in tears 10ft. into it. Comp hill on Sat. night was one of the busiest I've seen on a big holiday weekend in a while. Didn't see the Flight for Life copter flying around, but that doesn't mean there weren't any accidents. Drug sniffing dogs at the pay station? VIN checks? Wow. I heard they did find a stolen vehicle. Maybe someone else has some better info? Didn't seem to be as many vendors as in years past. All in all it was a good trip.

They were checkin vins on bikes and stuff?? wow, well. i am all legal so they can check all they want. if it helps detour the bad apples then i guess... drug sniff all you want to, i dont do that sh*t either.

the theives and druggies sound like good people to keep out of the dunes.

• Like 2

15 Leo's at the entrance at 1 point.. if thats how you like your dollars spent then I assume it ok... for what they wrote in tickets I would assume that it didnt even cover a percentage of there time.. I am sure I could have saved more dollars than was spent with a better turn of arrests .. standing in the middle of the desert waiting for all the criminals to show isnt my Idea of doing there job.. I dont have anything to hide either but tossing money out the window to put on a show is a little ridiculous ...

Capt

They were checkin vins on bikes and stuff?? wow, well. i am all legal so they can check all they want. if it helps detour the bad apples then i guess... drug sniff all you want to, i dont do that sh*t either.

the theives and druggies sound like good people to keep out of the dunes.

I see your point, but if my stuff was stolen, i would be happy to see them making some kind of effort. with the hundreds to thousands of people out there, seems like a good place to look for stolen stuff... and drugs. 15 might be a little excessive, but i also don't like waiting in line. lol

15 Leo's at the entrance at 1 point.. if thats how you like your dollars spent then I assume it ok... for what they wrote in tickets I would assume that it didnt even cover a percentage of there time.. I am sure I could have saved more dollars than was spent with a better turn of arrests .. standing in the middle of the desert waiting for all the criminals to show isnt my Idea of doing there job.. I dont have anything to hide either but tossing money out the window to put on a show is a little ridiculous ...

Capt

The extensive LEO effort at the entrance was a bit over the top. They told a friend in order to enter Dumont the dog must search the inside of the vehicle. $20 of firecrackers netted $275 Ticket. It was only the people buying passes at the entrance they told him, as myself and others with season passes were waived through. Great Weekend! Great Weather! Great Turnout!

I would have told them NO!!! Have a nice day....They were holding up 2 guys in the season pass line until I started honking for them to get out of my way.. then he waved them through

Capt

The extensive LEO effort at the entrance was a bit over the top. They told a friend in order to enter Dumont the dog must search the inside of the vehicle. $20 of firecrackers netted $275 Ticket. It was only the people buying passes at the entrance they told him, as myself and others with season passes were waived through. Great Weekend! Great Weather! Great Turnout!

It had been a long time coming for me to take the toys out. Three years to be exact. In those three years we have come along way, we now have our own RV, our own flatbed, the supercharged samurai "done", and the boys buggy ready to berm up camp all day.

I could not have asked for any part of our trip to be any better... well I could have done without the $100 water pump in Pahrump for the motorhome but who's counting!!

I absolutely love that the Sammi can holds it's own up comp with the XP900s!!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

post-1235-0-48392800-1351531370_thumb.jp

post-1235-0-87859100-1351531387_thumb.jp

They told them in order to enter the dogs must clear every vehicle. Crazy but whatever, Hopefully it was worth it for them and they stopped something for "our" safety.

I would have told them NO!!! Have a nice day....They were holding up 2 guys in the season pass line until I started honking for them to get out of my way.. then he waved them through

Capt

IF I was him I would be on the phone with the BLM Field office and explain my rights were violated and would like to talk to someone in that department.. Your trailer is like your house.. SEARCH WARRANT IS NEEDED TO GET IN IT!!! unless you consent ...BS for sure

Capt

They told them in order to enter the dogs must clear every vehicle. Crazy but whatever, Hopefully it was worth it for them and they stopped something for "our" safety.

• Like 2

It had been a long time coming for me to take the toys out. Three years to be exact. In those three years we have come along way, we now have our own RV, our own flatbed, the supercharged samurai "done", and the boys buggy ready to berm up camp all day.

I could not have asked for any part of our trip to be any better... well I could have done without the $100 water pump in Pahrump for the motorhome but who's counting!!

I absolutely love that the Sammi can holds it's own up comp with the XP900s!!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!

You whipped my XP up comp....

• Like 1

Hi all, Came in Tuesday it was an awesome trip. Plenty of time with friends and family.Did not hear about the drug sniffing dogs. Sorry but good!!! Also really really good about Vin Checks. Ihave worked too hard. To have my stuff stolen. For those People whose stuff is stolen I hope they get it back…. Hunted house was awesome even better than last year.Thank you for sharing!!!!

K my question???? Did you happen to catch the truck with the blue LED Wheels????Ya that was mine. Worked my A$$ off on that…. What did you think????

Great trip ....AGAIN. Left the house at around 0230 and pulled into camp around 1100 friday morning. LONG FUGGIN DRIVE. 800+ miles round trip this weekend. Miss that place. Good to be there again. Had a great time, as always. Discovered Three Olives Grape Vodka....that sh*t is dangerous...tastes like grape Kool Aid. Got some great runs in...camped with some new peeps that I work with...his 1st time out and LOVED it. Sorry I didn't get to visit my fellow DDR'ers....too little time too much to do. Did notice that ALOT of people aren't aware that there IS a speed limit on the flats near ALL camps!!! Dangerous sh*t, especially with kids. Got pretty hot out ....Went from 27 degrees in Tonopah friday morning to 75 degrees + at Dumont.

Hi all, Came in Tuesday it was an awesome trip. Plenty of time with friends and family.Did not hear about the drug sniffing dogs. Sorry but good!!! Also really really good about Vin Checks. Ihave worked too hard. To have my stuff stolen. For those People whose stuff is stolen I hope they get it back…. Hunted house was awesome even better than last year.Thank you for sharing!!!!

K my question???? Did you happen to catch the truck with the blue LED Wheels????Ya that was mine. Worked my A$$ off on that…. What did you think????

Saw you truck many times at Comp. Looked pretty coool. Also looked like ALOT of work! Don't understand how your lights don't melt when you're brake'n, but never the less, looked good. I don't mind the VIN and drug checks either. Last thing I want is for a fellow duner to lose a family member because of an idiot who is high that crashed into them. If the po po stopped just one of those accidents from happening by jacking someones weed, then it was all worth it. BUT, in the same breath, no po po should ever go into your castle (trailer) w/o consent or probable cause (a lawful reason). Can't have those fellas over stepping their authority now can we....It's a lil thing called the 4th Amendment....

Edited by Jmanx

My second Time at Dumont for Halloween. Had a great time as expected. As always I need to thank the Fox family for taking me in to their camp. Tons of fun scaring the kids and duners in their Dunes haunt again. Got some good rides in and my first roll (in eight years with my rail) on our last ride.

Was shooting around a big bowl when the car started to drift. My left back tire went over the peak. That turned me sideways on the peak, my passenger side cought the razor and started the roll. went over 1.5 times. not too much damage. tires off the bead and my left front shock tower damaged. No injuries. Good times as Always. :headbang1:

gallery_4060_69_82021.jpeggallery_4060_69_14503.jpeg14315_10151317291226457_321609757_n.jpg1076_10151317291331457_24297931_n.jpg534491_10151317291561457_1806076032_n.jpg69766_10151318281691457_172865017_n.jpg

• Like 1