Rattlesnakes A Dumont

WE camp near bathroom 12 and for the past two years have had three rattlers in our camp. One of the times we were sitting around the campfire and it sounded like there was some kind of leak. Maybe a propane leak. This went on for a minute or two when someone yelled "SNAKE" It was sitting around the campfire with us rattling for us to leave!

It was close to the wife's foot and she was wearing flip flops. I kicked it away from her foot and went after it as the whole camp scattered. I picked it up and relocated it near the wash past the entrance.

Well, this year we camped in the same place. It was back! Back to the wash it went.

Plus we saw another one by a bush nearby, no campers there so I left it alone.

Keep in mind they are there. Check your campsite and all around well if you have dogs or kids.

Anyone else with these in their camp lately?

WE camp near bathroom 12 and for the past two years have had three rattlers in our camp. One of the times we were sitting around the campfire and it sounded like there was some kind of leak. Maybe a propane leak. This went on for a minute or two when someone yelled "SNAKE" It was sitting around the campfire with us rattling for us to leave!

It was close to the wife's foot and she was wearing flip flops. I kicked it away from her foot and went after it as the whole camp scattered. I picked it up and relocated it near the wash past the entrance.

Well, this year we camped in the same place. It was back! Back to the wash it went.

Plus we saw another one by a bush nearby, no campers there so I left it alone.

Keep in mind they are there. Check your campsite and all around well if you have dogs or kids.

Anyone else with these in their camp lately?

I have camped at Dumont since 1975 and never have seen a snake. Scorpion and a desert rat but no snakes

• 2 weeks later...

It's supposed to be warm this weekend. Keep an eye out.

I do have a pic. It's on my wifes facebook page. It was taken last Thanksgiving. It was a mature sidewinder. I will figure out how to get the pic here.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, it's just a heads up.