Found Dog

We had a dog wander into our camp this morning. We checked with all the camps with anyone around and couldn't locate the owner. She is a sandy colored Shepard mix with no collar. She is safe at my house, but I would like to get her back to her home.

No luck yet locating the owner. Still hoping that we hear something, but we left our number at the ranger's station and haven't got any calls so I'm starting to think someone just left her out there. I hope I'm wrong and the owner contacts me but I'm not holding out much hope. I know if I lost my dog, the first thing I would do is check with the rangers station and the other campers.

I'm in Vegas, but will be heading to the Apple Valley area this weekend, so if this is your dog and you can't make it to Vegas, I can bring her to CA this weekend.

Edited by Dan Agnew

Good idea on the scan. We will probably take her to the vets later in the week to get a wellness check if nobody claims her, so first thing we will have them do is check for a chip. If nobody claims her and she isn't chipped, my next post may be "Help name our Dumont dog!" :)

• Like 1

My son is talking it over with his wife, he may take her. If not, my wife has said in no uncertain terms that she doesn't want a dog, so she will be put up for adoption. Here is a picture of her being mellow (something she seems to be)

2012-11-05%2017.57.21%20cropped.jpg

My son is talking it over with his wife, he may take her. If not, my wife has said in no uncertain terms that she doesn't want a dog, so she will be put up for adoption. Here is a picture of her being mellow (something she seems to be)

2012-11-05%2017.57.21%20cropped.jpg

Good looking dog!!

I have a female mal and she is pretty big for a female then a red sable shepherd he is prob 90lb. Both are about four. I love them, gotta keep them busy. Did your dogs do Schutzhund work?

Trained briefly with Metro K-9 and North Vegas Vise then I decided that having 3 little girls with 3 little friends each, who may or my not walk in and out of my house at any giving time might be a problem. So I didn't do much bite work. I could still call my my male to "Take it" and he would. But Birthday parties and such were to much commotion and always a problem. Malinois hate things that are not under control. Thats what ya get when ya have a Mal. LOVE MY MAL'S. What fun it would have been to get an IPO just not enough time or training experience to do that. But all my dogs were titled. :)