Toy Hauler Mods

Happy Pappy

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about fabing my own...i'm cheap! Using tube steel and having the ramp pivot down with the use of receiver pins...just pull the pins and the whole ramp drops at an angle so the RV ramp can be lowered without having to remove it from the RV (toyhauler trailer). I'll be hauling one DS 650, but driving it on the ramp (sideways). I can use amuminum ramps and fix them to the side of the RV extension. Also I was thinking of putting a set of trailer lights of the back of the extension and having a simple pigtail for quick connect. Just not sure about the laws. I have already upgraded my toyhauler axles, brakes, tires, tounge and frame, so I'm not concerned about the extra weight.

• 3 months later...

I don't know much distance you have to the first cabinet but we have an LTZ 400 that we stand up in the kitchen with enough room to squeeze by and then put a DS 650 up against it on all 4 wheels and ratchet strap the rear suspension down and I built 2 23 inch cheese block towers out of 4x4's and 2 aluminum ramps and then drive the Big 5 Funco over the DS and tie it down , it works well and and theres plenty of wieght over the axles, also we have a WW SLC 3705 with a cargo slide. Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Currently working on solar install with a MPPT charge regulater by morningstar. Also dropping in some 6v batteries in series to get a more even charge. Installed some 12v fans, led lighting and much more ! Gotta love the off season upgrades

• 3 weeks later...

I checked this site and It is legal to pull two trailers in tandem as long as your under 65' in Cali and under 70' in NV. It changes from state to state. I would weld on a hitch and pull a small 10' single axle enclosed trailer behind my toy hauler if it were me. More space for the BBQ and all sorts of junk, less hassle then building something too.

http://towingworld.com/towinglaws.cfm

Edited by nwtdiesel

I saw some "illegal" looking dudes :redneck: :mex: towing a car on a flatbed trailer pulling a car hauler with a car on it that was somehow hitched to the flatbed trailer. :blink: They were on the side of the highway with 2 Henderson PD cars behind them. :laughing::no:

• Like 1