The Twinkie is no more!

dunefreak

read... no...

But i saw a news report and i guess Hostess did close... that is crazy. stupid Unions. They should just start a new company, and buy everything back.. run under a new name, get a new start. The news reports I saw yesterday were different.

I wil have to get my new suspension re valved with no Hostess to make me fat. Luckly my Chocolate fix is mostly Hershey's.

yea its the unions fault...WHAT? check yourself Adam!

the workers gave wage and raise concessions 4 years ago. the strike was because hostess stopped paying into there contracted pension plan months ago and then wanted the workers to give it up on contract. it was workers getting tired of giving things up and if it meant the company would close. then it probably was going to happen anyway it was just convenient to blame the union. i have been in a union for 17 years and have seen the good and the bad but remember unions brought you a 40 hour work week, (and everyone loves weekends) overtime, safer working conditions, fair wages, and the end of child labor. Yea im sure the UNION was why the company failed!

• Like 1

i was in the Carpenter's union, and that one ruined my opinion forever. Along with teacher's union, and UAW. I worked on construction sites with union trades for many years, and most of those workers were working the system big time. The union bosses in my old union didn't do a damn thing and I always had to drive an hour plus to get work. I feel the unions/ workers take a little much in many cases. this and taxes is why everything is made in China now.

I don't want to start a battle with you about unions Steve. I am glad you are happy, and look forward to hanging out with you and tearing up some sand.

man , that seems to be the battle cry these days. " its the unions fault" the unions are the very thing that keeps " working class families" earning a decent wage. even if your non union. If they were able to eliminate unions all together, wage rates would plummit.as well as benefits. Very few unions have much strength these days. and theres huge differences between unions. and although unions have there problems. they do help us

and remember there is a guy on the other end of the bargaining table representing the company.

• Like 1

:2cents: Anti union, pro union.....I do not think that a usefull discussion with serious disagreements are needed in this forrum.

This can cause non repairable problems between members of DDR.

Consider this in line with a non discussion topics like religion and politics. rock on DDR without this.

IMHO.

:usa: :no_no: :old:

Edited by sandawg
  • Like 1

:2cents: Anti union, pro union.....I do not think that a usefull discussion with serious disagreements are needed in this forrum.

This can cause non repairable problems between members of DDR.

Consider this in line with a non discussion topics like religion and politics. rock on DDR without this.

IMHO.

I agree, that's why i said...

I don't want to start a battle with you about unions Steve. I am glad you are happy, and look forward to hanging out with you and tearing up some sand.