Thanksgiving 2012 trip reports/ pics

dunefreak

We headed out after work on Tuesday night and stayed until Sunday early morning.

Since my tranny hasn't arrived yet, I was what I affectionately call a "camp tramp" this is what a wonderful friend of mine that didn't ride, but always chilled in camp called herself ;)

Wednesday started out to be a good day, with pretty empty dunes we were able to go on a "Justin Ride" to the North Pole. Me and Razor in the Rzr, Mike leading on his quad, Jill and Charlie even came over to enjoy the ride. By the time we got to the North Pole, Mike's oldest quad was leaking oil all over the place. So we spent the rest of the day in camp. I kicked back with my book and the boys worked on the quad.

The rest of our group began rolling in Wed eve around 6:30. Unload visit for a little bit, then off to bed.

Razor (the dog) came down with some kind of asthma fit in the middle of the night, kind of scarey, pretty sure it was all the dust and little wind, but it never bothered him before, seemed that Benadryl did the trick and he has been fine since we got home.

Thursday was spent prepping our delish dinner. We did our turkey in our infared turkey cooker, so no reason to hover over a pot of boiling oil.. so just about dinner time, we all decide to head out on a dune run.. perfect timing, everyone seemed to be heading in for preperations, while we were headed out. I was able to ride shotgun in one of the groups rails. I am so grateful that she offered up rail rides and I had so much fun as a passenger.

Pretty much repeat on Friday and Saturday.

We did join the Sand Sports ride and it was cool to see all the rides in one really long line.

Campfire Jenga and Kareoke is always good times :beercheers:

By the end of day Saturday the only vehicle of ours personally, that was running 100% was Mike's quad and Justin's quad, so we packed it in early right after a delicious group breakfast :eat:

Took very few pics, but will get some posted here in a few.

All and all a great relaxing fun weekend with a fantastic group of people...

Looking like an "end of the world/Christmas" trip will be the next one out, hope there is a huge wind storm between now and then, cause the dunes were pretty rough, as is expected.

Edited by sand chick
  • Like 1

as usual for me i have a fancey phone with a camera and i still dont have any pics. had a blast sand sport ride was fun. our kids had an accident. no one seriously hurt but 1 quads frame is so badley bent it boggles my mind. glad our wee ones wernt hurt. had a couple of small problems with the car. jimbo helped me get that handled.

capt kllm cooked his best turkey to date, we had a good spread for tday. the weather was so near perfect it was awsom had ro run a lil ac during the day and no heater at night. there was really not alot of people there as compared to busy holidays when times were good.

2 oclock meet and greet / sand sport ride was cool. sorry i seemed very quiet out there you guys. its been along time for me. and i hope nobody thought i was ignoring them, i was glad to see every one

i missed seeing pete, randy , terry, the dune rides arnt the same without them. dune rides are kind of like vanilla ice cream now. but the camping aspect was a+ i enjoyed relaxed and drove alot less.bert out there in the tracker brought back memories lol. my son is back out on a bike again and theres bert in a tracker dejavu.....

good times good friends good neighbors good food a+ weekend

• Like 1

We had a great trip also. It was nice to meet Steve? (vegas style) on the thur. rzr ride only 3 showed up.I did not make it on fri. ,I told my friend to drive the rzr and i rode shotgun for the first time ever and 5 min. into the ride we went upside down. We limped over to comp on two flats to get towed back to camp. Thanks to H town for being there to clean and re set the tire bead we were rolling agin.Bent the uper a arm so if anyone has one Im interested. Cant wait to get back

John

7 days of sun sand friends and fun. with all the pictures and live updates i sent pete i feel like i already did this. week started with the locomotive horn blast thru the pay station monday evening. (just for jill and charlie) DDR was well represented this week everywhere i went i ran into peeps i knew (or knew of me). got some awesome fast smooth runs. the XP runs right with the rails (even in front of a few) i have video of krusty's motor opening some windows. i did something and didnt get a bunch of video i thought i had. didnt remember to bring the lap top so i just found out when i downloaded it here. i do have couple hours of raw footage so im sure there will be a couple videos (going to have to figure out how to put a watermark all new videos after getting one jacked). was a smaller crowd out there seem more like a busy off weekend of years past. the meet and greet was huge i think i spent 20 minutes introducing everyone to everyone. and the train neal lead was awesome. i was thinking that if everyone pitched a dollar in we could have had the helicopter film it! watched netflicks of my phone monday night but by Wednesday night i couldn't send a picture off tell late at night. (YELLING GET OFF MY BANDWIDTH didnt help either!) if you want pictures look on the ddr Facebook page or the live update thread in here. steve

• Like 2

@Steve... you can place a logo or image on top of the video in the corner or something. I know you use a different program then i do but i know it's easy with Sony Vegas, so i'm guessing it's easy with your program to.

Maybe i should do that to?? Guess i need to design/ create a dune Videos logo.

Highlights! I hit Dumont Wednesday at 10PM. What a 12 hr mission. Worth every minute. First time out since the regatta. a long 9 months.

I want to thank Lou, Steve an CO. for having me. Couldn't ask for a better group to Dune, Dune & Camp with. Mandatory a minimum of two dune runs per day and when Lou leads its a dune RUN. :ynot:

Thanksgiving dinner was excellent Mark you cook a killer set of Turkeys buried no where other than Dumont SAND!!!! :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: Thanks for the feast!!!

I slept 9 HRS every night best sleep I have had in Months. Nothing like the sound of pure ponies revving day and night. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Saturday Morning I told Lou. Hey I have NEVER ridden in a Rail :MBdance: His eyes light up and said hop in. I thought to myself your first better be the best :ynot: better be by a pro. Lou started off and hit the Dunes and hauled azz from the south side to the north side driving like a kid with a new pair of shoes. Yes he hauled azz. Ask Jason and the rest of the crew he tried to give me the Dune fix we all needed. Thank you lou! it was fricken awesome. I would have not asked anyone else. Only if I had the time. a rail would be in the near future.

All I can say is 4 days & night were just what me and my two little ladies needed. My girls were thrilled. I learned My ginger out grew her 90CC and time for a 250CC. She had her first Buck off the rear end crash coming from Comp Hill. She will remember not to run over a rock the same size as her tires. :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Not much night life but when you are at Dumont to Dune That's what I got. :atv: I am over the QWAD and see something new in the near future.

It was good to see all the DDR folks. White rhino, Reese, Neal, Camp Idiot and Mike Happy B day again. Looking froward to the next trip. We are looking at heading to Dumont for New Years. as empty as it was I cannot see it having half the crowd for NYRS.

Yiah Biznithches

• Like 1

First trip In a while since I have been out there.

Didn't have my camera and my phone was dead the whole time. But had a blast even though it was for 2 days.

Fun having thanksgiving out there with Vegas style, Krusty and everyone else. Haven't been out there in a while and didn't know they blocked off some parts on the south side of dumont and kinda hit a pole and messed up my hands lol swelling finally went down and back to normal.

But had a great time even though it was for 2 days weather was great. Couldn't have asked for a better time. :)

Only picture I really got while I was out there :)

134295_4179434201976_980571030_o.jpg

Edited by dumontdude10
  • Like 1

We arrived on Saturday the 17th and stayed through Tuesday the 20th. We really enjoyed taking the kids on a ride to the gold mines and tore up a lot of sand vintage three wheeler style. Had a great time with friends and family with perfect weather and sparse crowds. Can't wait until New Years...hopefully the weather will be just as nice.

post-3578-0-15594700-1354209138_thumb.jp

post-3578-0-39138400-1354209165_thumb.jp

post-3578-0-10708800-1354209197_thumb.jp

post-3578-0-38016200-1354209220_thumb.jp

post-3578-0-21495400-1354222246_thumb.jp

post-3578-0-90278800-1354222258_thumb.jp

Edited by Mr. Sandman
  • Like 1

Was out Thursday through Sunday on my first trip with my RZR's. Alot different then the Raptor, but wow so much more comfortable especially with the whoops on top of the dunes.

As always the people of Dumont impress with with their actions. One of our rigs got stuck coming in and out. Each time someone stepped up for a pull. We also had some first timers turn in what they thought was the access road coming off the 127 late Thursday night. That was ugly..motorhome buried to the wheel wells and trailer sticking out in the lane. Sounds like BLM came went and notified CHP. Either way thank you very much to the two guys in the dark blue Cummins. Couldn't of done it without you guys.

Can't wait for New Years!!

te3yjemu.jpgjenyzazy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pics from the weekend...

We bought the same turkey fryer. wasn't that the best turkey without all the oil!

Anyway, here are some photos of our trip out there on Thanksgiving

baby2.jpg

Our Granddaughter in our sandrail

tday.jpg

Me and my husband on Thanksgiving day

broke.jpg

Us helping a stranger pulling his sandrail on our trailer being towed out by our jeep and their jeep pulling our jeep!

jeeprail.jpg

Photo of our Jeep and our Sandrail, wow our rail looks so tiny next to the jeep!

comp.jpg

Sitting at the top of Comp Hill

rail.jpg

Our HelmetPigtails.com Logo Sandrail

comp2.jpg

Going up comp hill! This was a blast

pigtails.jpg

Yes, even our sandrail has Pigtails

camp2.jpg

At our Camp Site

baby.jpg

Our Daughter and our Grandbaby