I need to see the light!

DUNESHAUNT

Well truth be told it should read "I need to see the sand."

Ok, now let me explain what I'm trying to get across to you, my fellow duners. My wife, Lady Busa, and myself, have improved in our night duning skills, to the point that it has become VERY apparent that the lighting we have on our sandcars is inadequate. Shes running a set of Baja Designs floods and a set of Baja Designs spots. I'm running some Lazerstar knockoff spots and some PIAA Floods. Lady Busa has to keep in mind the draw whatever lights she has, due to the small output of just 35 amps from the Busa's Stator. We are looking for some input as to what you are using and are there changes that you would make? Or is you're lighting dialed in.

I continue to read anything and everything I can concerning what works best in our, (Dunes) environment. I am looking for more down to earth, REAL DUNERS, likes and dislikes in their lighting.

Lets hear some of the 'I bolted these on, took one run, thru them in the trash,' or 'I bolted them on and angels started singing when I hit the dunes' testimonials.

I know that we are not the only ones that have these questions. And I know this is the fodder that is discussed around the campfires after the runs., but since we can't be at every campfire, help to enlighten your fellow duners and of course the better we all see out there, at night, the safer we all are.

I think for the Busa, LED's are key. HID's don't draw much, but at startup they spike pretty high. I has a set that would kill the engine on my old Busa car when they turned on! :dayum:

LED technology has come a long way. Hit up H Town Performance (site sponsor). I think he deals with Tribal which has some killer deals on LED bars. I know Vegas Style (Steve) ha sbought a few through him.

I run the rigid dually 2. Love how small and easy to wire/hook up they were. They draw low amps. I have four on my car and they light up the night great. However I would like a lil more distance and I dont know if the led bar will accomplish this or I will need to run some hids to get the distance.

Baja Designs OnX light bars are now the best you can buy...they finally get the distance as well as brightness.I was at SEMA this year and checking them all out as Im a light geek...The OnX is effin rediculous.

They have several lengths. I have and always will like HID's but the new OnX's are badass.Rigid will have to hurry up on this to compete.

Edited by sanddunesaddict

http://www.ricksmedealer.com/press/2007-03-06High_Output_Hayabusa_Kit.pdf

Link is for a higher output stator and regulatory/rectifier for the busa.

Seems like never enough light...I have a rigid 42" and 2 bullet star HID's, When dusty the rigid top mount makes it look like a white out...visibilty near zero. Out in the sand, they seem to light up the area ahead well enough but can outdrive the lights pretty easily. Thinking about a double 42" set up now. Still nothing like a fast night ride to shrink the old nads.