Worked on the bike all day today... photos inside

Adam @ GTP Off Road

Did the install on the Arms and shocks today. Took me a while, 8 hours, including setting the toe, ride height, and bleeding the damn brakes. That was a pain. My back is killing me now reminding me how old and decrepid i really am. Had to run to Home depot for tubing to bleed the brakes in there to (autozone didn't have any). I was so frustrated with the brakes, pure clean lines since i had to go with longer ones.

I had no instructions so i was trying to figure out how all the parts went as the arms came all in peices. There is a full photo album on my FB if you want to see some more photos. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4261744015881.2162232.1054354861&type=3

14148_4261747135959_548807417_n.jpg

16124_4261747335964_799426775_n.jpg

382014_4261750936054_223720421_n.jpg

305983_4261749016006_816911303_n.jpg

68425_4261750056032_871077803_n.jpg

559766_4261750656047_1669199369_n.jpg

598465_4261751776075_1625244321_n.jpg

481775_4261752296088_934176364_n.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all. i am freaking excited for this weekend for sure.

@ Jim...all the old parts are for sale. I have stock axle, A-arms, shocks and some other Misc. stuff

@foxy... i'm not sure what the stock width was i think around 43 to 44" based on my math skills. i have douglas wheels that are +2" each side. and the Arms are +2.25" each side. for a total of +8.5". The full front is now is 52" with the side wall on the tires being a little fat. I put on a Tusk extended rear axle (thanks Mike) that adds 6" total to the rear. The back is just over 49" total. I am thinking about getting a different set of front wheels to make them +1" instead of +2" but i plan on a VERY good test ride this weekend to find out. I would like the front and rear to be a little closer and i dont really want to go wider in the back.

right now i only did the front... i am sure i need the back as it doesn't sound very good already and i think the whoops would be much better with it. i was having direct issues with the fronts bottoming out and stability so i am hoping the fronts will help along with the wider axle. I don't care much about the whoops anyway. I also hope the fronts will help the ride when the dunes get ripped up more.

Maybe by next season.. for the rear. it's only another $1000. lol

I might try the revalve just depends on how money goes. i can try talking to the places that do it and get a good price for dual springs and a revalve.

I am fine with spending the $1000 for the rear. the Elka shocks are much easier to use and there is much more of an adjustment range for compression and rebound. But, if money gets too tight and i want to get it done i can try the stocker. I am the type of guy that if i get the stocker done, i will always still want the Elka rear. lol.

Adam, when I upgraded mt wife's raptor, I put the stock stuff on craigslist. It got a lot of attention. I wasn't sure what they were worth, so I advertised them at $150. That might have been too cheap based on the quick response I got, but I was stoked to get $150 for what I didn't want anymore!

I did a 3+1 with elkas on the front, and holy cow, it's a complketely different bike :headbang1: You're gonna love it!

The Bike did really good. The wide A-Arms and rear axle were noticeable with much better stability. It felt much more planted in the on the turns for sure. I did have to practice my transitions again, as the wide stance made the flow different. I almost stuffed the front in one razor and tossed myself over the bars... little more wheel and a little more throttle seemed to work.

The shocks were also much better then stock. It takes going 2nd gear plus for sure to really get the feel, but in the sweeping rutted turns and crossing lines it was much nicer. I had an issue with bottoming out on some G-outs and the jump we hit today (sunday.) I needed some more ground clearance (it was set at about 8 1/4") and with the bottoming out i kept turning up the preload, then gave it a couple clicks on the high speed compression. Toward the end of the day i got the G-outs working but it felt like that made the ride rough. I guess you can't have it all. I already got an email into Elka to see if i am on the right track, and since i screwed up and set the weight 15-20lbs too low that might be part of the problems. Still need to find a jump i really like and see how that does, but that won't be till January sometime. :(

I have to figure out how to remount my front bumper a little higher so it doesn't hang down below the skid plate and shovel sand up in my face when it bottoms.

• 2 weeks later...