FYI NV rail impounded for no vin# at Glamis

dune_rat

LIfe is to short to argue Rap. All I know is that DMV sent me to a dealer to have the vin inspsection on the Rhino and the rail and all my forms went to the OHV Commission and all mail had a return address for the OHV Commission that sent me the vin sticker and the registration sticker. Now I haven't done the title thing yet and it may well be DMV. I don't know yet!

I thought you liked to Argue pat... or just not with people half your age.. lol

I'm not trying to argue with you, i'm just trying to get details straight.

how about this:

DMV Mailing address from http://www.dmvnv.com/locat.htm:

Carson City

555 Wright Way

Carson City, NV 89711-0400

8a-5p M-F | Get Map

(775) 684-4368

(775) 684-4389 Fax

NV OHV Mailing address from http://nvohv.com/registration/

Address:

OHV

555 Wright Way

Carson City, NV 89711

I got my little vw rail from a friend that died. Do you think I can submit the death certificate? Oh yea, let me dig that bill of sale up from 1982.......

Even if you get a vin.......what good does it do with no title? All it really means is that you paid some fees made up by an a-hole to get a sticker. This is nothing, just nothing in reality. It changes nothing, and does nothing productive.

Sure the idea was good, but all was lost in implementation.

"I thought you liked to Argue pat... or just not with people half your age.. lol"

Not really Adam......I get enough arguing trying to carry on a half way intellegent 0r,any conversation, for that matter with my wife ! Been 48 years of that.

I would think that a letter from the lawyer might work?? not really sure how a will is written but that might work. Knowing how they are being though they would want the original will sent over, which doesn't come back.

I guess not having a VIN can mean impound and fines... so at least there is a NV option to get something, (brightside)

I got my little vw rail from a friend that died. Do you think I can submit the death certificate? Oh yea, let me dig that bill of sale up from 1982.......

Even if you get a vin.......what good does it do with no title? All it really means is that you paid some fees made up by an a-hole to get a sticker. This is nothing, just nothing in reality. It changes nothing, and does nothing productive.

Sure the idea was good, but all was lost in implementation.

I am using his sign on to keep everyone updated if you say it is a home made buggy that should allow you to get a vin # then after that the registration and title this is the guy who got his car impounded i will let you know how it turns out after Saturday this is info directly from the nvohv.com site and a call to ask questions

yeah, A home made rail, or any OHV really with no VIN can go to the DMV and get a Vin assigned. I would assume a home made rail shouldn't be too bad, but another OHV not sure what they do. If they just assign a VIN i guess it helps for future thefts as whos to say it wasn't stolen, frame powdercoated, then get a new VIN...

and if a VIN is assigned, how is that applied to the OHV? a sticker, a plate, whats to keep that from being lost or ruined??

Rangers where doing the same at dumont kicking the tires on everyone's cars searching for registration and stickers. One in particular that drives a white RZR S was being extra annoying at comp hill. They should be glad that they are being paid to cruise the dunes that we have to spend our hard earned money to enjoy. Also the sergent flipped one of our 4x4 quads that our tax dollars bought chasing that white ranger buggy through the dunes that they have no reason patroling at the speeds they do. If i flip my stuff and get injured then i have to rely on AFLAC while they would get paid for life. How can you have a stick up your butt when you have one of the best jobs. If anything they should be writing tickets to the mother fing people driving 100 mph around our camps so that our kids cant even ride outside of the trailers. Safety of my kid is more important then someones expired tags.

Just pick one Johnny, you can't have both. If your giving the rangers sh*t cause they were riding to fast and went over well that's on him. You don't have any idea of the nature of the call they were going on or if there wasn't a call.

But you want them to haul a$$ through the flats chasing speeders,it doesn't make sense. The libality factor of rangers chasing through the flats over a speeding ticket is not worth the libality if they were to hit someone coming out of camp or were to hit you or a child you would have a lawyer up their a$$ in a second and you know it and so do they.

I will agree that the situation at Dumont has changed since the change in Managers at Barstow BLM and we will talk about it at the subgroup meeting next month. Just so you know I am not defending their actions or non actions I am just explaining the reason why certain things are done the way they are done.

Terry

• Like 2

yeah, A home made rail, or any OHV really with no VIN can go to the DMV and get a Vin assigned. I would assume a home made rail shouldn't be too bad, but another OHV not sure what they do. If they just assign a VIN i guess it helps for future thefts as whos to say it wasn't stolen, frame powdercoated, then get a new VIN...

and if a VIN is assigned, how is that applied to the OHV? a sticker, a plate, whats to keep that from being lost or ruined??

Thats just it, this is doing nothing.....a vin with no title is nothing. Im going to take my little vw powered homemade rail, a chinese 50cc quad, a 50 cc pit bike, and my daughter 8 volt power wheels quad and her new rangerover powerwheels jeep and ask for vins at the dmv. She rides them off road, they were never intended to be on hiway vehicles......this should get good. Im gonna ask for a supervisor and a writen and noterized reason why they wouldnt issue a vin to a plastic toy for the rangers, so I could get my offroad sticker.

I think I might even video it.....its all about revenue anyways....since they wont give titles so they should vin a folding chair with a blender motor if ask just to make a buck.

Edited by 1320
  • Like 3

It's so effin retarded. Why stop there? Shouldn't we have to show proof of ownership on everything else of value then too? I mean why everyone being questioned in the first place? How about them shoes or goggles? How do know those aren't stolen!!??? :shake:

• Like 1

We were In Glamis for New Years week in GLAMIS.Got stoped twice by the Rangers once they thought I was drinking and driving NOPE !!

Second for a Sticker check !! Which there was a CA sticker in plain sight on the back !! Also my buddy rolled into Gecko with two brand new Quads

No sticker yet because I had them at camp.They were taken and impounded at the entrance. Still Great Week !!!!!!!!!!!!

We were In Glamis for New Years week in GLAMIS.Got stoped twice by the Rangers once they thought I was drinking and driving NOPE !!

Second for a Sticker check !! Which there was a CA sticker in plain sight on the back !! Also my buddy rolled into Gecko with two brand new Quads

No sticker yet because I had them at camp.They were taken and impounded at the entrance. Still Great Week !!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've been livid...Especially when you have the stickers, but not on the bikes...and for brand new bikes...REALLY? My mouth woulda earned me a night in the pokey I'm afraid :pissed:

Thats just it, this is doing nothing.....a vin with no title is nothing. Im going to take my little vw powered homemade rail, a chinese 50cc quad, a 50 cc pit bike, and my daughter 8 volt power wheels quad and her new rangerover powerwheels jeep and ask for vins at the dmv. She rides them off road, they were never intended to be on hiway vehicles......this should get good. Im gonna ask for a supervisor and a writen and noterized reason why they wouldnt issue a vin to a plastic toy for the rangers, so I could get my offroad sticker.

I think I might even video it.....its all about revenue anyways....since they wont give titles so they should vin a folding chair with a blender motor if ask just to make a buck.

I love it!!! Gotta get my girls' 12v barbie jeep legit :rules: