MLK Weekend Trip Report

Adam @ GTP Off Road

I disagree with the video statement about not duning the SXS in 4x4. I always use the 4x4 in my RZR s and never had an issue. The rzr's pull harder in 4x and I feel that when you get in a position that you need the extra pull it's there. Just my way of dong it but it feels better to me.

I have ran SxS in both configurations for different types of riding. Regardless of 4x4 or 2x4 a proper duner knows that momentum is what keeps us on our wheels when sliding the side of a dune. Most of these roll overs are due to someones continued efforts to force a out of power machine up and acrossed a dune face rather then just turn down and try again. When your forward velocity suffers then the downward gravity takes over. Most of these incidents come from lack of exp behind the wheel. Some of us skated by with out this happening while some of us aren't so fortunate.

This guy was coming back down the hill. Instead of coming down more like a "U", I/ We think he came down more like "C", after getting to the top, turning back into the hill causeing the slide, and roll over. He is a quad rider, so i am pretty sure it was just the lack of exeprience, and a bad decision that led to this rollover, but you never know, sh*t happens out there as well.

Since i don't really drive a SxS, i am not able to argue about using 4x4 or not. I was merely stating something based on what i had seen, and been told by others I know who do drive a SxS.

Remind me not to ask that group for thelp to.

So what's the story here Adam???

On a side note, with all of the beads off except for maybe the right front I am curious if under inflation may have played a role. I know there was some pretty heavy G forces going on with the tumbling but it may have been an under inflated left front that broke the bead, grabbed some serious sand when the wheel dug in, and then started the mayhem

I don't yet own a SXS but I've been doing hella studying and it seems like, at least over at RZRforums.net anyway, that there is nothing wrong with running in 4WD. I would think like was said before that the XP900 and the Wildcat probably have enough ponies that 4WD is not an issue. Wish I had one so I could give a little more than 2 cents.lol

Neal Rideout takes the most beautiful pictures. Even though I know nothing about art, I can tell they are art because I look at them and examine them instead if just glance.

Thank you very much! Made my day!!!

They ran the Wildcat down the hill pushing it on the 3 flat tires, instead of fixing the tires or getting a truck up there. Could easily have ruined the 3 flat tires, for no real reason.

I did ask him about a tire going down, he said they were just checked before the trip, but that doesn't mean one wasn't going flat. I just think he turned into the hill after reaching the top and made the SxS unstable, and making it slide. Based on the way it rolled, i think the tires were popped in the rollover, still a chance one of the rears was going flat. The right rear going flat would have made it tip much easier in this case.

I give up on the 4x4. I would erase it if i could, but it's too late, i'm not removing the video or editting now.

So what's the story here Adam???

On a side note, with all of the beads off except for maybe the right front I am curious if under inflation may have played a role. I know there was some pretty heavy G forces going on with the tumbling but it may have been an under inflated left front that broke the bead, grabbed some serious sand when the wheel dug in, and then started the mayhem

I don't yet own a SXS but I've been doing hella studying and it seems like, at least over at RZRforums.net anyway, that there is nothing wrong with running in 4WD. I would think like was said before that the XP900 and the Wildcat probably have enough ponies that 4WD is not an issue. Wish I had one so I could give a little more than 2 cents.lol