Law Enforcement Contact at Dumont

ynot

I've never had any negative contact with the LEO's at Dumont so I have no complaints with them and feel they do a pretty damn good job out there. As with duners, one azzhat tearing up the place or leaving trash all over gives us all a bad name with the tree huggers and everyone else that would like to see the dunes and all other legal riding areas closed. This same azzhat syndrome holds true in their profession as well. One bad one spoils the whole bunch or least leaves a bad taste.

I'll also ad that a few years ago when Veterans weekend was still a free, no pass required weekend, I didn't learn about this until after I had purchased a pass. I spoke to Larry Blaine at the Barstow BLM office about a possible refund (which he couldn't do) but he told me to look him up over New Years for a free pass. I did and he comped the passes for me and my brother. Nope, no complaints with the BLM or any other LEO's. Treat them right and respectfully and it'll go a long way in how they'll treat you, and others for that matter.

Edited by Mr. Sandman

My email is working goofy so I will share my experience here. It's not bashing anyone, so I don't think anyone would mind.

I bought my kid a new quad and forgot to get a new sticker for it. While setting it up with pipes and paddles, the sticker fell through the cracks.

On Fri morning (Thanksgiving weekend) we were sitting at the bottom of comp. A dirtbike pulled up, the guy got off and started walking around my kids new quad. It was a Deputy. I walked over and told him it didn't have a sticker, I forgot to buy one. I didn't give him any excuses. He kind of stood there thinking. I told him to go ahead and write the ticket, I did it. He was pleasant and complied! He did say if I present him with a sticker before the end of the weekend he would tear the ticket up.

On Sat morning my wife drove to Pahrump to buy a sticker. Doghouse was closed, but he opened up just for her to buy a sticker. It was a 2013 sticker too.

Thanks Doghouse!

We went to the information place at the Ranger station and there was a nice lady working the counter. She called the deputy on the radio and he responded by telling her to dismiss the ticket.

Everyone was respectful and pleasant. We need to remember they are people too who sometimes have a bad day. They also have to deal with the dark side of our sport. The side where people get injured or worse.

Edited by Svengoolie
  • Like 2

Are you LE? Thats how some conduct themselves, disregard the evidence. My friends suv was stolen. It was found in nlv, with the wrong front wheels on it, they rubbed the calipers so bad it wouldnt even role. So there were skid marks......all the way back to the driveway it came from. All 300 ft........but hey just because you have a stolen and dumped suv with a clearly marked trail....why even try to catch them? Because it doesnt pay.......it costs the system to catch criminals. That was only one of the most retarded things Ive personally witnessed. I was called to pick up the suv.

I have another even better one.....that isnt even hearsay.....its my own personal experience.

Thats ridiculous, because "I" one person then disregard other evidence?

Besides the fact that even in your quote it gives a door......"just about any" .

Well just about every doctor tries not to molest, leave tools in while in surgery, mis medicate, so why should those that do be held accountable?

I ve found that illegal aliens and homeless are really good people. Just because thats my experience(its not btw) doesnt make it true or that something shouldnt be done.

It is well known that more leo's have more problems then the general middle class society they are part of, which raises the serious question as to why we have this system that lets them have no real checks and balances.

Edited by 1320
  • Like 1

Ill email you my story I encountered over thanksgiving weekend Terry. I noticed you didnt want it posted on the board. I did receive a ticket and didnt believe it was warranted. I thought they guy had a BIG chip on his shoulder. And I know coming from me thats saying alot, but he didnt even try and give me a warning. Needless to say I was PISSED

Edited by Sincity_blondie

• 1 year later...

Got stopped for the first time on Friday after we pulled the new SxS out of the hauler and just wanted to take a spin around the trailer.....we didn't have helmets nor was Arizona plates mounted yet. The BLM Ranger asked us about helmets....oh crape yeah we forgot just got caught up in the excitement and forgot. Dogs were also in the back.... The BLM Ranger was super cool wanted tonsee our new Commander and we talked for 15-20 minutes and he asked us if we had helmets and the plate and he told us nice toy and have a safe weekend. Very nice interface. I patrol Lake Mead on the weekends (Boat Patrol) with the NPS and when you deal with a lot of public crazy types I think at times you can get caught up and I'm sure if you've every had even a personal run in with anyone it throws your whole day off. I have seen it many many times where you are cool explaining what the infraction was and before you can say just don't do it again and have a safe day....the crazy Yahoo is screaming or making some remark....or even worse you see them not more than an hour later doing the same $hit...

Edited by Sandpirates2

After my dealings with BLM and researching the same thing on other sites it appears that maybe the problem is the out of state BLM ranger they have come in for the big weekends. A lot of people in other states hate California and I'm sure many BLM rangers come out here with that same thinking. I noticed that on off weekend when the assigned ranger shows up seems to be pretty cool. Just my observations.