Did you guy's know this?

ynot

Saw this today in an e-mail from a towing newsletter.

http://www.moveoveramerica.com/

There is a law in every state but Hawaii and Washington DC that you must move over(change lanes if possible) if an emergency vehicle is stopped with his lights on. This includes tow trucks and Maint. vehicles. If it's a 2 lane road you have to slow down to 20 mph. Pretty good read, I know it's posted in Idaho on the highways but never knew it was in all most all states. Hope this keeps em safe and you without a ticket.

Terry

I've heard of it and do so already, but wasn't sure if it was a law that was officially passed yet. I pisses me off when I see people blast past people on the shoulder when there is clearly enough room to get over.

One time I saw a car pass a cop who had someone pulled over on St Rose Pkwy. He flew past him at about 55 mph. The cop ran back to his car and chased after him. The guy in the car pulled into the same parking lot that we did and the cop came FLYING in, got out of his car and bitched the guy out big time. lol He didn't ticket him but I heard him explain how he is required to slow down or get over.

800.00 fine in nevada from what I umderstand!

Up to $1000....

" The cost for violating the law can be expensive. It is a misdemeanor which is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment in the county jail for up to 6 months. If you get a ticket, a fine will be assessed and you will be assessed demerit points on your license. In addition, your driver’s license may be suspended if you are involved in a crash, and you may serve time in prison if you hurt or kill someone. "

Up to $1000....

" The cost for violating the law can be expensive. It is a misdemeanor which is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and imprisonment in the county jail for up to 6 months. If you get a ticket, a fine will be assessed and you will be assessed demerit points on your license. In addition, your driver’s license may be suspended if you are involved in a crash, and you may serve time in prison if you hurt or kill someone. "

OKAY THEN!!!! I guess when I am driving DRUNK I will try to change lanes.... :blury: