Sub-Group Meeting

ynot

Are there any of the DDR folks that really plan on going to the meeting?

Here is where I see the importance of some attendance.

Show that DDR members care about the dunes and are willing to do what they need to do to stay involved. Some "spout" but won't do anything about it.

Meet the new BLM people that are now responsible for Dumont since Roxy and Larry Blain have left. It is our first chance to do this. It's time to set the tone of our relationship.

Get a feeling of how they plan to administer Dumont. (With our interests in mind)

Submit the issues that some seem to have about how LEO's are doing their jobs. Might be a problem or might not. Just some disgruntled reports of abuse or unnessary tactics being used by BLM or San Bernardino Sheriffs.

Before this is even brought up: it's time to have those people post their real concerns so they can be submitted!

Why can't the road be graded in time for early arrivals to get the benefits of a smoother ride in. (My Concern)

Any other issues that some might have. Presented in the proper manner !......

Remember if you attend......Being courteous and respectfull are important to be able to let BLM know we aren't a bunch of hell raising loud mouthed morons. Your working with a govt. agancy and it's important to adhere to the protacall of a meeting.

So who's going?

Since the date has been moved to a day that I planned on already being at Dumont I am planning to go from Dumont to the meeting.

It's that important to me, how about you?

:old:

Edited by sandawg

I am going to plan on going, and figuring out a carpool scenario as people that are really going lock in.

After our trip in today, i would say the road is a concern. to me it was in pretty bad shape. I have seen it worse, but with the fees we pay the road should be smooth. I would still put in a vote for it to be paved.

I am going to plan on going, and figuring out a carpool scenario as people that are really going lock in.

After our trip in today, i would say the road is a concern. to me it was in pretty bad shape. I have seen it worse, but with the fees we pay the road should be smooth. I would still put in a vote for it to be paved.

"Fast-rising prices for fuel and asphalt have pushed up construction costs for all kinds of road projects. DOT’s average cost for paving gravel roads has increased from $250,000 per mile in 2007 to $350,000 today."

At todays cost per mile and the road being a tad over 3 miles I don't see them getting the funds $1,000,000+ to pave the road. Grading it regularlly seems to be more than they can handle!

Edited by sandawg
  • Like 1

Ill go.....but I would really like to car pool. I do need to drop a couple parts off at at bruces....

If only one person goes with me.....Ill take our honda......insight.........60+ mpg.

Its tuesday......rt?or did it get moved? and the time?

Edited by 1320

fair enough, i guess the state of California general fund could always pay back the money they STOLE from the OHV fund (twice). that should cover the road paving and a few other things for several areas. :) just a thought. Trust me not holding my breathe for any of that to happen.

"Fast-rising prices for fuel and asphalt have pushed up construction costs for all kinds of road projects. DOT’s average cost for paving gravel roads has increased from $250,000 per mile in 2007 to $350,000 today."

At todays cost per mile and the road being a tad over 3 miles I don't see them getting the funds $1,000,000+ to pave the road. Grading it regularlly seems to be more than they can handle!

As of Today the meeting set for Tuesday 2-12-13 has been postponed due to conflicting schedules of the field and district BLM managers. I am not happy about it nor are several of the board members. I will let you know when it is rescheduled.

Sorry,

Terry

Meeting has been re-scheduled to Tuesday Feb. 19th at 10:00 AM at the BLM office in Barstow. I will not be able to attend due to a new job that has me pretty tied up with training through the beginning of March. I have forwarded some of the e- mails I have received both in support and about issues with LEO's to Katrina who is the new Field Office Manager. She is very open and willing to work with the users and user groups. This is a good thing! If you can go it would probably be a good meeting to go to as other high level managers will also be there. I am sick about not being able to make it but I have been waiting a long time for this job and I have to have a different mindset for a little while.

Thanks,

Terry

My plans have changed and I am able to attend the meeting on Tuesday. Anyone wanting to ride down with me are more than welcome. Leaving LV by 07:30 AM. Let me know if interested.

Terry

i think i can make this, that is pretty early for my DJ hours.. lol

I am very interested in being at the meeting though. I would rather carpool with someone.

Terry, i could drive down and meet you somewhere.

Adam, that's fine we could meet at the "M" on St. Rose and LVBS. We can work out times and exact place once we see if anyone else wants to go. Glad your going, this will be a good meeting to attend as the "big wigs" will be there.

I'll let Terry fill the forum in on all the happenings at the meeting. Turbo Bruce, Rocket and Booster, (Bob & Carolyn), from O.C. and I were the only people that showed up that weren't Sub Group members, a tree hugger or BLM people. What I will say is that there is a new Field Manager in the Barstow Office now and she was wanting information to help her administer Dumont in the future. Several of the attendees were on the Sub Group but representing different recreational areas or had other interests.

Oh Well?

:surrender: :dunno:

:old:

Edited by sandawg