These LAPD detectives need to be fired!

dunefreak

This is absolute BS. I understand that this Christopher Dorner guy needs to be stopped, however these detectives/ cops need to be fired for unloading gunfire on innocent people in trucks that don't even match the description of the truck they were looking for! I'm sure the media isn't telling the whole story, but what reason did they have for drawing their weapons and actually pulling the trigger? It was two Latina ladies delivering newspapers, not a large black guy with guns. :shake:

Un-freakin-real!

So any of you guys out there that drive trucks and live near LA, I'd stay home for a few days if I were you.

post-3-0-21346200-1360360384_thumb.jpg

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-shot-by-cops-were-just-delivering-papers?lite

• Like 1

I think the whole thing has some inside stuff the public doesnt know and if they kill him we will never know.

Just shoot a damn truck without knowing who it is??? FIRED but it wont happen.they will just get paid leave while an internal affairs looks into it :rolleyes:

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Wow Pete, I'm surprised at your knee-jerk reaction to this. I usually wouldn't respond to a post like this, but - - - - .

Look at the circumstances of this shooting. I have questions about it also, and i'm not defending it, but you have to take into consideration all of the factors involved. A high-ranking LAPD officer, listed on Dorner's manifesto, lives within a block of the shooting. LAPD was doing a protective surveillance on the street and a truck, resembling Dorner's, comes down the street with it's lights out. The truck basically matched the original description of Dorner's, a light blue midsize Titan. I don't know what transpired next, but you have to take into consideration, we weren't there. What was the mindset of the officers? Was there a furtive move by the truck or the occupants? Three people had already been murdered by Dorner. A potential target lived within sight of the LAPD officers.

I don't know what I would do, NEITHER YOU NOR I WERE THERE! We are only going by the information provided by the news media and the pictures of the street and vehicle. I've heard some say, "look at all the bullet holes, why did they have to shoot so many times"? Keep in mind, two rounds of OO Buck would leave 18 holes in that vehicle. Even neighbors in the area said they only heard two short volleys of gunfire, not a large scale firefight.

Before anyone has to ask, yes, I was a LEO. I retired after 30 years in Orange County. I believe in the system and I believe in due process. It may not be the best system, but it usually works, and I can't think of a better way too ferret out the truth.

To those of you who feel a need to voice your opinion, feel free to do so. It's your first amendment right! I also support and carry out my second amendment right.

For those who say this is "absolute BS" and "Un-freakin-real", I can only say, walk a mile in their shoes and weigh the facts over the speculation, and have a little faith in the system! I can only wonder how you would have reacted under the same circumstances.

Wow Pete, I'm surprised at your knee-jerk reaction to this. I usually wouldn't respond to a post like this, but - - - - .

Look at the circumstances of this shooting. I have questions about it also, and i'm not defending it, but you have to take into consideration all of the factors involved. A high-ranking LAPD officer, listed on Dorner's manifesto, lives within a block of the shooting. LAPD was doing a protective surveillance on the street and a truck, resembling Dorner's, comes down the street with it's lights out. The truck basically matched the original description of Dorner's, a light blue midsize Titan. I don't know what transpired next, but you have to take into consideration, we weren't there. What was the mindset of the officers? Was there a furtive move by the truck or the occupants? Three people had already been murdered by Dorner. A potential target lived within sight of the LAPD officers.

I don't know what I would do, NEITHER YOU NOR I WERE THERE! We are only going by the information provided by the news media and the pictures of the street and vehicle. I've heard some say, "look at all the bullet holes, why did they have to shoot so many times"? Keep in mind, two rounds of OO Buck would leave 18 holes in that vehicle. Even neighbors in the area said they only heard two short volleys of gunfire, not a large scale firefight.

Before anyone has to ask, yes, I was a LEO. I retired after 30 years in Orange County. I believe in the system and I believe in due process. It may not be the best system, but it usually works, and I can't think of a better way too ferret out the truth.

To those of you who feel a need to voice your opinion, feel free to do so. It's your first amendment right! I also support and carry out my second amendment right.

For those who say this is "absolute BS" and "Un-freakin-real", I can only say, walk a mile in their shoes and weigh the facts over the speculation, and have a little faith in the system! I can only wonder how you would have reacted under the same circumstances.

Not sure why you are surprised at my reaction to this. Sounds like you are taking my post personal.

Two incident ladies were injured and could have been killed. Like I said, there may be more to the story and I'm sure there is, but this IS still absolute BS. Those detectives obviously made a very big mistake. Mindset? They are trained to work under pressure. Mindset should have been aggressive to take action when they have reason to. They should have made a positive ID before shooting. I understand the circumstances of this shooting, which is exactly why they should have taken more measures to make sure they had the right truck before they started firing away even if it was only 1 bullet.

I understand the stress and situations such as this one that those cops have to deal. I have nothing but respect for law enforcement because of that reason, however it's no excuse to make mistakes like this.

I don't know the situation the officers faced, but I bet the victims didn't follow their instructions. They probably reached for something.

Not to throw anything else on schoolteachers, but it would't hurt to teach kids how to interact with law enforcement in health class. (It might preserve their health)

I'm not sure people know how to react when confronted by a deputy.

There were two descriptions of the truck listed in the information released to law enforcement, one blue, one gray. Plates had been changed.

Pete, you're still entitled to your opinion, but you don't know the facts and are speculating on what you think you know. Positive ID before shooting? Sure, wait till the truck gets close enough for the suspect to kill you if he happens to be in the truck. Could the two in the truck have been killed? Of course, but again, you were not there and don't know the circumstances, actions of the victims or the mindset, let alone the actions of the two in the truck.

You already have the LAPD tried and convicted in your mind. Happy to see you and others with a similar mindset are not in law enforcement.

Taking your post personal? Maybe I am, but then again, I'm looking at it from a different perspective.

Come on by our camp on the bluff on President's Day and we'll have a beer. I'm sure I won't change your mind, and I won't even try, but we can still be cordial. One thing I learned in three decades of law enforcement, everyone has an opinion. Bob

If you want some eye opening reading on this guys real manifesto that is 22 pages long not the edited by liberal news down to 11. He basically tells LAPD to not try to stop him as he will kill anyone who does. Pretty scary that this guy got through psych tests for the Navy and LAPD!

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christopher_dorners_manifesto_in_fu.php

the mind set was to kill this guy ......... he is going to pay for killing a brothers kid. the windows on the truck were tinted so hard to see and the truck was driving with there lights off and if he would have been paying attention he would have seen the news papers flying out the windows and not thinking iam going to kill this guy hes going to pay. yes read it and wow the lapd needs to kill him so we all cant here about the sh*t the lapd gets away with . sounds like he got fired after telling on a fellow brother/ girl for kicking the sh*t out of a hand cuffed perp there is way more to the story here sad that any one has to or has been hurt. but it looks like most all in law enforcement will lie to cover for there brothers. and then saying you dont know how it is out there its just a job and they need to start answering to the ones that pay there checks. we need law enforcement and laws but they need to follow the same laws . there more people out there that die doing there jobs then die in law enforcement

Ok not gonna go into detail however, I will say no matter what Dorner's way of handling the issue was wrong. Words can't describe how wrong and bad the choices he made. Bottom line it does not justify his actions. I can speak from experience on how he felt cause I been down that road for cussing I was fired. Corruption yes 100%. However, we have the right to appeal and during arbitration I won my job back. Police agency always attempt to use what is known as the kitchen sink approach. The agency will attempt to find everything wrong with you to justify a termination. This happens cause all agency's have a good ol boy program and corrupt officials. Every agency does hide things they don't want getting out. Now to his psychological all I can say is he passed it and was hired. However, all test are bias and can be bought. The test is a 500 plus question exam known as an MMPI research if you want anyone can really pass one. Also look up website epd law.com and just read the first page. The exams are subjective more than anything. Now as far as the mindset of the officers well we will never know what was going through their mind but, we are also trained in these situations and I agree those cops or detectives should be fired for what they did. Bad part is they will find them justified for shooting and nothing will happen to them. I do believe in our system but, I know first hand sometimes favors are made. Peace and much love to all. I need a beer. Lol

a large percentage of officers dont shoot very well....and only shoot on qualification day, and put it back in the holster....that is why many officer shootings, the criminal does not die from a fatal shot...and that is the hard fact....just like if you carry a CCW, you better damn well practice more than once in a while

^ :lol:

I spend a lot of time on the roads, and the one thing I noticed was how all the different departments are reacting to this. I saw car at almost every on ramp in the IE that morning; the ones with the plate reader contraptions . I have several friends that are officers; one of them in RPD.I know they are trained to work under pressure, but certainly there will be incidents where one caves. I watched a CHP pulling someone over; he brake checked the car behind him, ended up letting his first guy go, and then got in front of me, a big rig, and brake checked me twice :finger: . I don't exactly have the same braking capabilities as a cruiser, and almost hit him the second time. Very eratic, unusaul behavior, but I figured with the tactical alert, he had probably been at work so many hours, he was overstressed or something. I only wish I'd recorded it.

I agree that the PD overacted and it's an unfortunate situation, but like Rocket said, there was all kinds of sketchy information out there on the vehicle, and three cops had already been shot (1 killed) a few hours earlier in the morning. With the dark street, the same kind of truck with no lights rolling in slowly, I'm pretty sure it would it would have been hard to tell if it was light gray or light blue. And, if you look at the pictures of the shot up truck versus the burned out truck in Big Bear, the CA plates are pretty close as well (both 8DXXXXX).

Edited by Mr. Sandman

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...