President's Day Trip Reports

HappyHour

Had a bad start to my weekend. On the way up there on Thursday evening I was 5 miles outside of Baker, passing a big rig, and KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!

post-17-0-23188000-1361173017_thumb.jpg

So this put me back about an hour, and then I had a preety good vibration in the whole motorhome after the spare was put on. After some brainstorming with buddies, we determined that I had an unbalanced spare causing the vibration. But on to Dumont I went.

Got there Thursday evening and just had a kick back kind of night with the friends. Some drinking, some laughs, some music, and some fire.....all was good!!! We wake up Friday to some great weather and dune all day!!!! :MBdance::headbang1::ynot: Plus the kids were having a great time as well!!! My daughter, who's first trip to Dumont was at the ripe age of 5 weeks, was tooling around in her little buggy all around camp.

post-17-0-00908400-1361265868_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile my 3 year old son was not only having a good time riding in whatever moved, he was also just being a 3 year old boy all weekend long.

post-17-0-30787800-1361266110_thumb.jpg

Then my car starts to act up on Saturday... :finger: If I got anywhere near half throttle, it would die. So after changing out the feul filter and that not helping, I'm hoping it's the pump in my feul injection system, but time will tell. So I decided to trailer my car and just hang.

post-17-0-16053400-1361173527_thumb.jpg

Sunday, out little group decided to hit the road for home so we could have all day Monday to unload our rigs without being in a big rush. I didn't get a lot of pics. But even after having what I would call an eventful weekend, it was all made good when I saw my now 8 year old daughter up on a quad all by herself and doing great!!!!

post-17-0-16104800-1361265731_thumb.jpg

All my issues with my motorhome tire, and my car not running right seemed to fade away when I saw that!! I was a proud dad.... :yiah::thumb:

Edited by HappyHour
  • Like 3

Just got in and unloaded....A great weekend all around. We had one 12 yr old friend of our daughters come with, and she tumbled our 50 cc quad yesterday. No real injury, she even had a chest protector on. Barely got blood in two or three spots. Tiny.....but she was shook up for abit. She did ride comp this morning, on a bigger quad.

My boy rode the comp this am and did great on his blaster. My daughter almost rode the hill, shes an anxiety ridden young woman..............so she did great overall and overcame some of her fears. We were almost the only ones on the hill so it was a good time.

Broke some little stuff, but this was my first trip with the ds1100 BOMB that turbo bruce built. Bruce was on hand too, and thought it was a good idea to set me up a race. It was either rod or todd? (I helped a sandrail guy and had to look for a rod and todd also). Anyways the quad was an R1 powered modded banshee, and the races where great. We could pretty much reach out and touch each other. If we race enough.....I d probably win 51% of the time....the exact point of the finish line would dictate the winner, its that close.

The BOMBardier, is the best quad I ve ever ridden. I made exactly one run up the hill before I raced, and I won the first one I think. It s a supersized quad for a big person and Im 6'5....so it fits well. I went on the best dune ride of my life about 530 am sat.....yes by myself.....but I was looking for someone to ride with. All went well, I just couldnt believe how well I could shred up the dunes. Everything on the BOMB happens faster, or as fast as you want. The suspension is just good enough to stay alive and on top. The ride is great when your not focused on just holding on. I have two banshees.....and they are just gonna sit around for my wife and boy (to grow into)....They are great bikes, but the supersized BOMB is the BOMB. If you like big power.....and have experience, quit modding , and either build one yourself or beg Bruce to build you one. We broke a few little things on several of the others but the BOMB performed flawlessly, all I did was put gas in it several times.

Got some pics Ill post latter. Mostly my boy, but a few pretty good sunset/fire pics playing with the camera.

Pulled in Wednesday afternoon and unloaded. Helped a guy out in a buggy that hit a witches eye and ripped out his front assembly. Woke up Thursday morning and tested out my contour helmet cam. Went back and chilled at camp til part of our group showed up. Thursday night our friends kid was riding a mojave 250 from North Pole to comp at night (we went on a night ride). Didn't notice he was gone, so we turned around and found him sitting on his quad with burnt hair. He had ran out of gas, and he checked the tank with a lighter. Whoosh! Haha well the rest of the weekend was great. No problems. Came home about 3 hours ago. I miss it already.

Just finished the get home and unload dance....

Had a great holiday weekend. The weather was perfect tank/shorts all day not to cold at night...

The sand was a rough mess by Saturday am and it didn't seem that crowded out there at all. I sure did miss some of the vendors that weren't there .. Maybe a bit more than half were there. Entrance road was a D going in on Thursday but smooth (and super dusty) leaving Monday. Didn't even get strip search / cavity check by the LEO on the way out...

Saturday am rangers came to our circle, to let us know a guy from Utah, had his rail stolen. Parked right next to bathroom 3 by himself I guess he couldn't find his group so decided to wait till the am. Well someone decide to drag his car away from camp and haul it away.....

Rangers were all cool BTW. Never was harassed or messed with at all.

Had an awesome trip. Fast dune runs! I got to hook up with Danny and sandblower and talk about my project v8rail. I really enjoyed this trip and am super excited to get moving on the car.

My uncle is the person who works on Ryans car that Paul was telling you about.

Sorry I missed you.I didnt realize that was you talking with Paul.

Such an awesome trip.Best weather we have had in years.No issues with toys other than a broken fan blade.

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Happyhour, I was camped right next to you......(to the south, towards bath 10).....The black trailer. Turbo bruce was on the other side of me. We should just make one Big circle......that way the kids have a bigger area, and the dust in camp would be less. Besides think of the fires with all the combined wood.

Happyhour, I was camped right next to you......(to the south, towards bath 10).....The black trailer. Turbo bruce was on the other side of me. We should just make one Big circle......that way the kids have a bigger area, and the dust in camp would be less. Besides think of the fires with all the combined wood.

We should have!!! We wouldn't have had enough wood for Sunday night if we decided to stay!! HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Htown Crew was a little bored all week !! :slap: Not that busy.Sold some cages :2cents: My girls barrel rolled are new designed cage down the front of

the Big Dune.All were Ok but Brusied up pretty good !! Thank god for a Custom cage BABY !!! LITTLE SAHARA is our next TRIP EASTER

Edited by badass24racing

I went out Saturday for a day trip. Pretty much spent the day by Banshee hill watching the drag quads. Did see Lou and a few DDR buggies zoom by at one point. Here are some shots I took.

One of the jeeps attacking Banshee hill.

p1438571216-4.jpg

p1438556866-4.jpg

p1438597658-4.jpg

p1438625660-4.jpg

p1438576542-4.jpg

p1438577868-4.jpg

p1438656436-4.jpg

p1438635360-4.jpg

Yes the BLM was out checking for registrations, stickers, Vin numbers, and anything else they felt like. Writing tickets too.

Pulled in Wednesday afternoon and unloaded. Helped a guy out in a buggy that hit a witches eye and ripped out his front assembly. Woke up Thursday morning and tested out my contour helmet cam. Went back and chilled at camp til part of our group showed up. Thursday night our friends kid was riding a mojave 250 from North Pole to comp at night (we went on a night ride). Didn't notice he was gone, so we turned around and found him sitting on his quad with burnt hair. He had ran out of gas, and he checked the tank with a lighter. Whoosh! Haha well the rest of the weekend was great. No problems. Came home about 3 hours ago. I miss it already.

Well that was me, shot the bottom bank and when I came over the razor, ( in the air over the razor) there was no place to go, car came nose down on the passenger side, broke the bottom 7/8 heim, and then the are bent under the car, I think the shocks are lucky due to the fact they are now horse shoes, then as the front arm worked as a great front plow, it was playing tug of war with the reverse gear, well the front plow won, and reverse did not, off to RC Trans,

It his so hard it blew the electrical breakers for the fuel injection, no one was hurt, ego was pretty damaged, so off to alter ego in LV to upgrade to the boxed front arms and uniball style spindles, then the trans will go to its new owner ROB B. the S4D should be done in 2-3 weeks from John at RC-Trans, will update the new build in progress,

Just finished the get home and unload dance....

Had a great holiday weekend. The weather was perfect tank/shorts all day not to cold at night...

The sand was a rough mess by Saturday am and it didn't seem that crowded out there at all. I sure did miss some of the vendors that weren't there .. Maybe a bit more than half were there. Entrance road was a D going in on Thursday but smooth (and super dusty) leaving Monday. Didn't even get strip search / cavity check by the LEO on the way out...

Saturday am rangers came to our circle, to let us know a guy from Utah, had his rail stolen. Parked right next to bathroom 3 by himself I guess he couldn't find his group so decided to wait till the am. Well someone decide to drag his car away from camp and haul it away.....

Rangers were all cool BTW. Never was harassed or messed with at all.

that is Allan that camps with us time to time,

STOLEN

BFD, Black with aluminum front arms twin turbo north-star with a 2D, if anyone has know anything please pm me,

^^* that just pisses me off that some scum bag thinks he come into someone's camp (front yard) and steal your toys!!! I wouldn't even fire a warning shot if that happens to me, if I see it being pushed out of camp ill have to do some explaining why there's blood on my tires!!

:headbang1: We all had an awesome weekend.

Got in Friday afternoon till Monday morning.

weather was great, car ran awesome, never ran out of gas, food or beer. :thumb:

Quietest Prez weekend I think we've had in a while.

My son Ryder was tearin it up around camp again on his 50Quad. :atv:

I got some video of him with my Gopro as I was chasing him and LouB down on my ATC70. :70:

My buddy Jason (Dakar Friend) came out with us.He was rippin in a Rzr 900 that he borrowed from a buddy. :driver:

He races baja all the time and said he forgot how fun the dunes were. He'll be out with us again soon.

What a clown around the fire too. he had us all rollin. :laughoff:

We had our regular group out there but no Dunefreak and Duniemonkie this trip. :undecided:

Heard there were quite a few DDR peeps out but didnt really run into many at all.

Pauly came by to say hello. Good to see and BS with him for a bit.

Krusty and I flew RC planes in camp everyday. startin to see more and more RC stuff out there.

some dude had one at the hill Saturday night with leds on it. Looked badazzz. Great flyin too BTW bud. :thumb:

Imma get some leds on one of mine before the next trip foe schizzz.

Lookin forward to more Dumont SOON.

R-

:randog:

• Like 2

Well that was me, shot the bottom bank and when I came over the razor, ( in the air over the razor) there was no place to go, car came nose down on the passenger side, broke the bottom 7/8 heim, and then the are bent under the car, I think the shocks are lucky due to the fact they are now horse shoes, then as the front arm worked as a great front plow, it was playing tug of war with the reverse gear, well the front plow won, and reverse did not, off to RC Trans,

It his so hard it blew the electrical breakers for the fuel injection, no one was hurt, ego was pretty damaged, so off to alter ego in LV to upgrade to the boxed front arms and uniball style spindles, then the trans will go to its new owner ROB B. the S4D should be done in 2-3 weeks from John at RC-Trans, will update the new build in progress,

post-4378-0-47083000-1361781784_thumb.jp

post-4378-0-10827600-1361781792_thumb.jp

post-4378-0-73704500-1361781799_thumb.jp

Yep, the Banshee boys have a bad reputation and then came in and put on a "unauthorized" gathering. BLM set out to make sure they towed the line and were in force over there.

what makes you think that it was a unauthorized gathering. the blm is singling out people that ride banshees this is wrong just another way the blm is running off people that pay fees . what is next if you have a big line of rails at comp hill it is a unauthorized gathering . what is this bad reputation that the so called banshee boys have. buy the way the name banshee boys is a name the blm has giving them . the drag quads at the hill are not organized just guys and girls that go to dumont to race the hill. this is a shame . dont think i have ever heard of a banshee running over a sandrail and killing some one

what makes you think that it was a unauthorized gathering. the blm is singling out people that ride banshees this is wrong just another way the blm is running off people that pay fees . what is next if you have a big line of rails at comp hill it is a unauthorized gathering . what is this bad reputation that the so called banshee boys have. buy the way the name banshee boys is a name the blm has giving them . the drag quads at the hill are not organized just guys and girls that go to dumont to race the hill. this is a shame . dont think i have ever heard of a banshee running over a sandrail and killing some one

The term came from an organized race a few yrs. ago when the "Banshee Boys" had an event and left piles of trash and pallets with nails all over the place by Banshee hill. It has stuck to the group ever since. BLM is not stupid they know it was not an "official" event but it was planned and they made arrangements with each other to meet there at that date and time. They didn't do it officially so they could avoid the permit process and insurance requirements. As far as a Banshee running over a car what has that got to do with anything I said?