Good ole Pay cuts.... Help me stop this

bp-guy

:hello: He isn't the only Gov employee affected by this. I'm on the DoD side of this. Expecting our 30 day notification next week sometime. Sarcastic "Yea!"

Yeah, my boss will be taking days off now (which is good for us...lol). It doesn't affect us Gov't Contractors...which doesn't make much sense

I have a buddy at March ARB that's gonna be hit with this. It's gonna hurt him too. and he already drives a gas sipper too :mex::slap: My hats off to all who serve our country. Even with all her problems, would you really want to live anywhere else? There was a bumper sticker many years ago that said: AMERICA, get your heart in it, or get your a** out! Tim, I don't believe we've met, but thank you for all you do! I hope for everyone's sake, that the politicans can grow up and get this resolved soon! for EVERYONE'S sake!

You are correct, AUO is overtime. It means "Administrative Uncontrolable Overtime". My station is kinda unique when it comes to this. My station is in town, but we work in the mountains. I get to work at 5 am. We have our morning briefing and then we got our gear and vehicles then head out. We usually don't get out to our assigned areas until 6:30. So there is 90 minutes just to get briefed and drive out to work. We then work our shift until the next shift gets out there. This is between 12:30 and 1 pm. We then need to wash/gas our vehicles and drive back to town. We complete any paperwork as needed and finish any cases that need to be signed/corrected. This usually wraps up at 2:30-2:45 ish on a good day. But there are times when we are on a trail chasing foot sign for hours on end and our vehicles are a good 2 hour hike away. Or we had a dirtbag that needs to get his paperwork done before the time constraints expire. This can lead to a 12-15 hour day. If congress passes this thing. I need to stop all/everything I am doing and make sure I am ready to go home in 8 hours.

I can deal with a furlough day to help out. But this AUO thing had alot of bad things besides $$ if we lose it.

That makes good sense, thanks for the example, in your circumstance, if you are chasing someone down it certainly makes no sense to quit. Unfortunately I think as always government likes to make examples of people we respect for political purposes yet gives Billions to countries who would just assume wipe us off the earth...

The danger of the job has little to do with what it earns. Its the profit it supplies. Security in every aspect is a complete illusion. That being said, yes you have a dangerous job, and for most people its not for them. I appreciate what you try to do. Its unfortunate that the powers that be really have no intent of stopping the problem.

Btw, if your spending 800 a month on gas....get a different car. 800 in our gas saver.....is 15780 miles on average. Thats not even hiway numbers. ($3.65 a gallon). So maybe a different car choice can save some home foreclosures.

The danger of the job has little to do with what it earns.???????????? Why do these conversations go off on tangents???

I signed the petition and support the BP and military.

It's too bad that our military is wasting it's time overseas. This time, money and assets could be much better used on the border, where we are being invaded illegally on a daily basis. I'll never understand some peoples attitudes on illegals, and border security. Let's see how it works if Americans go to Mexico. We should treat them the same way they would treat us... at best. Other countries are not so lazy about this stuff, so why are we. Just think how much better schools would be if students spoke english, and the parents paid taxes, and fed their own kids breakfast. Think how much better it would be if Hospitals didn't give out Millions in free health care to illegals. Think how much better it would be if all working in America paid taxes, and didn't steal identities, had car insurance, and didn't send Millions of dollars illegally (or legally) earned in America back to Mexico. is the racism... GET REAL. if Canadians were doing it I would feel the same way. My parents came to USA in the 70's and followed all the rules as required. why should others get a free pass. Crossing the border illegally is a federal offense isn't it... so they are all criminals.

I'd sign the petition 10 times, or 100 times, or more if i could. It may not be perfect but the more people out there trying the better. Where do i sign up to be on the ATV squad, that would part would be fun... not sure i could do the rest though. I hope that the Lazy criminals in government can figure sh*t out someday. The stupidest part is that Americans voted the same freeking idiots right back in, knowing they SUCK!!!

Ok, i feel better know... hoping the petition works for all our sakes.

Thanks to all that have signed. We haven't been told/given our 30 notice as of yet but..... It's just a matter of time, and alot of us are looking for a part time job as well. Pretty sad, Being a Federal Agent and then having to say at my other job " would you like to go big?" No offence to anyone in the restaurant industry by that remark.

Look I was not trying to cause trouble, dont know who you are or what work you did, I have worked in the same trade for 40 years we took a 3.50 an hour cut three years ago have not got anything back yet so I know about pay cuts thank you!

This is suppose to be fun forum. I am not going to get into arrgument with you. DDR doesn't need that kind of conversation going on. I am retired and worked in the construction related industry for over 40 years. I just thought your statement was unneeded and didn't keep with the mood of DDR or respect for the job BPGuy does every day. It sounded like you were taking a statement and turning it into something that was intended to put BP Guy down. With that, I took offense. I respect Law Enforcement in any situation and think they are under paid for putting their life on the line every day they go to work. If you disagree with that, it is your right. It is also my right to disagree. So....loosen your shorts and accept peoples statements that may not agree with you.

There seem to be more and more posts that just make no sense any more.

It almost seems like some just like to start sh*t or argument. I don't think DDR was set up to do that!

Your responce had nothing to do with what your post said.....?????

I'm done, said my piece and thats it!

Politics or relegion have no place on here IMHO. :beercheers:

:old:

Edited by sandawg
  • Like 1

i think its just that people post how they fill just like you just did. and iam tired of hearing that law Enforcement is such a dangerous job . it is just a job and barely makes the list for the most dangerous jobs . it is a hard job but most jobs are and you have to deal with alot of trash out there true . so when some one tries to get the job and gets it do they think it will be a cake walk? there are so many other jobs out there that are just as needed as law enforcement and more dangerous for are safety and comfort but dont get the same pay or perks that law enforcement dos. and i hope the hp guy dos not get a pay cut that sucks but we all are or have had to take some kind of cut to live here in the usa

i think its just that people post how they fill just like you just did. and iam tired of hearing that law Enforcement is such a dangerous job . it is just a job and barely makes the list for the most dangerous jobs . it is a hard job but most jobs are and you have to deal with alot of trash out there true . so when some one tries to get the job and gets it do they think it will be a cake walk? there are so many other jobs out there that are just as needed as law enforcement and more dangerous for are safety and comfort but dont get the same pay or perks that law enforcement dos. and i hope the hp guy dos not get a pay cut that sucks but we all are or have had to take some kind of cut to live here in the usa

WOW! Really ? what I do is just a job? Well come down here so I can introduce you to 4 familes that no longer have a dad because he was MURDERED doing his job. If everyone played by the rules then there would be no need for law enforcement. Please enlighten me as to the other jobs that are as dangerous to the safety of the public as law enforcement. And I don't want to hear, Firefighter or paramedic. I know those are dangerous jobs but they know what they are going to before they arrive and can prep for the situation or call for more help. We (Law Enforcement) do not have that luxury, help can be over an hour away at times. I know pay cuts are sometimes needed and I can appreciate that. But to come out and cut almost 40% of my check right away is not right. If you think that is ok then please sign up and work along side of me and I don't want to hear you gripe about the work load and the pay. I have never met you and don't hold any bad feelings towards your opinions, thats how you feel.

But to make statements about our jobs not being dangerous is just wrong. By doing your job do you get bounty's put on your head? WE DO! By doing your job do you feel any payback or retribution coming at you? WE DO. By doing your job do you feel good knowing you did what you could do to keep the border safe? WE DO!!!!!

P.S. I see you live in Big Bear accoring to your signature. How about the lunatic that just got burned to the ground in that cabin. He targeted cops. Innocent cops that had nothing to do with him being fired. Now those families have to deal with them not being around because they we doing their job. This man KILLED them in retirbution for being fired. Hmmm not that dangerous of a job at all. Kiss the wife good bye as you walk out the door never to return..But hey it's JUST A JOB.

Edited by bp-guy
  • Like 2

just look up dangerous jobs statistics on the computer . any of the people that were killed at there jobs had families to and more people were killed doing there jobs then police so what makes your job better then theres?? every job is a service for the people at some level. yes your job has its down falls and is dangerous but lets not forget about the gun or guns and training you have to protect your self with most people dont even have that right. so what you have there is a job you choose to do and yes it is a needed job but dont think you have the most dangerous job out there just look it up the statistics are out there . i did. and yes i have a house in big bear but i grew up in south central LA 3447 w 79 st and crenshaw 90043 unlill i was 26 years old so i have seen both sides of living and the need for law enforcement and i hope you do not have to take a pay cut like i said that would suck. and that so called lunatic was created by law enforcement and will be covered up by the same . and yes it is just a job why do you think your job is better then any other job people do in the usa.

Bruce, I swore I was going to stay out of this but your comments are so far out of line that I can not refrain from telling you that your just plain WRONG. Law Enforcement is a choice when it comes to choosing a career. However the issues that come with it that they don't tell you are large amounts of stress, underpay, going to court in the middle of your sleep time, waiting for the next idiot you come in contact with to either want to fight or take a shot at you. You work in a chemical plant right, they give you a plastic suit and hood and let you control chemicals that can kill you but you have CONTROL, LEO's have NO CONTROL on who and when that someone wants to kill them. Yes they are trained but they are dealing with low life scum with no morals nor compunction about shooting a police officer just to traffic their dope, or other illegal activities. If you get injured at work you can sue for inadequate training or poor equipment. Cops can't sue the POS that hurts them because well their pieces of sh*t and have nothing, you have a giant corporation to go after. Having walked a mile in their shoes I can only tell you that you are so completely out of line on this it is ludicrous to even continue.

In fact I just can't express myself any more on this and for that reason i am out.

Terry

PS Tim, let it go man he is wrong and I bet 99.9% on this site agree with the fact he is wrong and support the LEO's and there effort to protect us. My thanks to you and your family for what you do.

Terry

• Like 1

he is wrong and I bet 99.9% on this site agree with the fact he is wrong and support the LEOs and there effort to protect us. My thanks to you and your family for what you do. Terry

X3...

Are there more dangerous jobs than law enforcement? Maybe, maybe not, but does it really matter? Put things is perspective and ask yourself if it's possible that you won't come home from work tomorrow because some scumbag wants to blow you away just because of your career choice. The answer is probably no. I cant think of any other job that this applies to other than military but in the long run, it's kind of the same thing as law enforcement. What amazes me is the same people that b*tch about LEO's at Dumont are the same one's that b*tch about LEO's everywhere else. Maybe they b*tch because they think laws don't apply to them (me, me me theory) or their lack of respect for law enforcement and people in general? Just a thought, and no, I'm not a LEO, although I do have close family members that are.

• Like 1

More than likely people who "hate" law enforcement are people who have had negative contacts with them, I.E. have been arrested served time or are just generally on the wrong side. This is not intended to offend any one person. It is a generalization.

• Like 1

This has become a good read. I see alot of points good and bad. Fact of the matter is, everyone has their opinion about anything. We all don't see eye to eye and that's fine. We all come to this site because of one thing, We love the desert, and this forum is a great way to meet new people and keep up with the ones we only see in the desert.

All I wanted was some support in signing a petition to help me avoid a pay cut. This got sidetracked many times over. Bottom line is yes there are many dangerous jobs out there. I chose one of them. I love my job and hopefully can continue it till I turn 57.

I like the verbal chatter on here, I hope no one takes offence from anyone on here about how wrong they think someone is. I have my feelings about some of you on here but I won't take a personal jab at you. I will question your statements and hopefully you will reply but I will never imply or state anything to be taken personally. Guess I should have joined the debate team in high school!

Here are a few pictures from over the years. The drugs and people were all caught by me. Notice the terrain I work in. Yes this fat boy gets around in them hills ! LOL The crash I put up just beacuse it is a cool picture. The agent fell asleep driving in from the field. He walked away with minor injuries.

post-1872-0-25056300-1362287405_thumb.jp

post-1872-0-85448400-1362287398_thumb.jp

post-1872-0-28132000-1362287416_thumb.jp

post-1872-0-57390000-1362287419_thumb.jp

post-1872-0-58847200-1362287412_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Bruce, I swore I was going to stay out of this but your comments are so far out of line that I can not refrain from telling you that your just plain WRONG. Law Enforcement is a choice when it comes to choosing a career. However the issues that come with it that they don't tell you are large amounts of stress, underpay, going to court in the middle of your sleep time, waiting for the next idiot you come in contact with to either want to fight or take a shot at you. You work in a chemical plant right, they give you a plastic suit and hood and let you control chemicals that can kill you but you have CONTROL, LEO's have NO CONTROL on who and when that someone wants to kill them. Yes they are trained but they are dealing with low life scum with no morals nor compunction about shooting a police officer just to traffic their dope, or other illegal activities. If you get injured at work you can sue for inadequate training or poor equipment. Cops can't sue the POS that hurts them because well their pieces of sh*t and have nothing, you have a giant corporation to go after. Having walked a mile in their shoes I can only tell you that you are so completely out of line on this it is ludicrous to even continue.

In fact I just can't express myself any more on this and for that reason i am out.

Terry

PS Tim, let it go man he is wrong and I bet 99.9% on this site agree with the fact he is wrong and support the LEO's and there effort to protect us. My thanks to you and your family for what you do.

Terry

man terry were did you get that i do not like law enforcement or do not support them ? did you read and under stand what i wrote and did you look up the stats like i did ??? about the most dangerous jobs statistics i did not make some thing up about law enforcement not having the most dangerous job or just give my opinion i looked up the stats .

Bruce, have you ever proofread your posts?? The negativity and contempt you exude in your rantings, to me,

shows your disdain, and lack of understanding for the requirements of law enforcement. Yes, there are more dangerous professions. Would you qualify to be a law enforcement officer?? Hopefully you are not in a dangerous job requiring you to put your life on the line to protect others. Thankfully, there are those of us who chose to enter the field of law enforcement! We're very proud of our service and realize not everyone is capable of performing the stressful duties required.

You state, "that so called lunatic was created by law enforcement and will be covered up by the same", referring to Christopher Dorner. "Created by law enforcement"? What the heck are you talking about!? "Covered up"? You are so misinformed about the facts in this case, you have no "standing" (court term), to comment on them!

Get a clue Bruce, you don't know what your are commenting about and need to back out! Could you put yourself in Tim's place and performed the duties depicted in the above photos?

If your are taking a 800 dollar a check cut you must make big bank, maybe you guys are over paid alittle.

You later post you are not trying to cause trouble. If that is the case, why do you post "you must make big bank, maybe you guys are over paid a little"?

What is your profession Bansheeider? Could you do Tim's job?

I posted the pictures to show what I do. Sometime words cannot convey what needs to be seen. Those groups were caught be me alone. I had no one else with me at the time I found them. I am at a disadvantage every time this happens. I guess I put out enough "Officer Presence" where they don't feel they can take me. But trust me, When I find a big group and I am alone I do become an instant A-Hole! I need to protect myself and I definately take charge and let them know I am in control. When back-up arrives I then become myself again and joke with my partners and the group sometimes if they are laidback and like to talk.

The truck full of dope--- Each package is 6lbs so do the math on that. There was another truck in this chase that my partners got.

Dangerous yes-- Fun HELL yes!!

Rocket- I totally appreciate your support and defending my posts on here. But not eveyone sees things the way we do. Maybe they can tell us about their jobs so we can monday quarterback them as well.

A mater of fact had I chose to do his job 30 years ago yes I could , I work in the commercial printing field I run a 54" cuter one mistake and your fingers are gone NOT the dangers he has. when I posted my comment I did not know what kind of work he did, I do respect and soport law enforcement ,my younger son is armed security.