WHATS THE DEAL ? Permits My A$$

sndruner213

Ok let me start off by say what up peeps long time lol !

ok so I've been out of the seen for a while due to work , money , time , blah blah blah I know I know but any way , I log back on to catch up and all i see is "CANCELLED EVENTS EVERYWHERE " ! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ? As I read on in the post I see that is seems to be getting pretty hard to get the permits for the events ! So whats next close DUMONT ? I mean seriously events that have been held years past are all the sudden cancelled because California wont allow a gathering of good friends , times , and spirits ? Call me stupid but why not just a very large group of "FRIENDS " agree to meet up at Dumont and ride for the weekend ? Why even bother trying to get a permit ? And if your going to tell me it the law , then to my understanding you would need a permit for any social gathering right ? Well if I call out anyone for a mid day saterday ride would'nt I need a permit ? IDK seems to be a lil fishy to me , starting to think we need to take our dunes back , I mean really there just SAND DUNES right ? PERMITS MY A$$ !!!

Edited by sndruner213
  • Like 1

yep need to take back our dunes..... but in some cases there is the need to have a permit and due to the desert race that killed so many people some time ago . the blm is being to hard on every one and ins cost to much for a true event at dumont but needed for safty. so iam thinking due to the economy and alot of the tactics the blm are using people are going othere places or just not going. vary vary sad

Absolutely. I pay for a yearly pass that says i should have free range to do what i want in the dunes. Total BS that the BLM is doing this. All they do is create problems. Never have i ever had a good expeirence with BLM. i vote that they go!!!!

You might as well piss in the wind and tell your self it's raining. BLM owns the area and they are not going to give it up for any reason, unless we keep beating the sh*t out of it and not keeping it clean and the greenies decide to take a run at it. But then if they did that you would expect the BLM to defend it from them right? Cause we as users can't come together as a group to defend anything. I have been the President of Friends of Dumont dunes for 6 years and VP for another 2. In all that time I can count on one hand the amount of users who have come up and asked if they could get involved. They are now all Board of Directors. If your not willing to help, shut up and get out of our way while we try to accomplish what YOU are not willing to do!!

Well as I said before I've been M.I.A for a while and to come back and see everything being shut down kinda brings a tear to the eye ! As far as pissing in the wind and stepping aside , like hell i will lol , my answer that that is ill continue to ride and invite as many people as I can to go that day and not think twice about a permit , they cant prove anything that says it is ! Not trying to piss anyone off but if I need to step aside so you can make it better for us then why isnt any of it getting better ? Last time I checked just cause your on a board of a forum site dosnt mean you own dumont and can tell me how to do things ! And second of all if your going to call people out on trashing the place go find the people that are doing it and leave me out of it ! I've been riding dumont since i was a lil knee high kid and know I take my kids out there to play , I pack out what I pack in , I lay down carpet and use drain pains and sealed lids so I dont spill any oils or gas ! So yea I'm doing my part to help preserve one of the greatest riding places in my mind ! I've paid my dues to dumont , I've taken some of it and its taken some of me ! This was just more of a rant rather than a argument , you know freedom of speech , just getting it off my chest , anyway sorry to get you all wild up over notihng !

It sounds like you haven't done enough research. You are generalizing many different events into one statement. Not everything is getting canceled and shut down.

1) Some guys racing at Banshee Hill were ticketed over prez weekend for an unauthorized organized event. Who really knows for sure why exactly they were ticketed or targeted?

2) The special event permit application process is quite involved these days so if the promoter doesn't have one little thing for his app- it cannot be approved. You do not need a special permit other than you entrance pass and registration/ sticker to go duning with your friends and family. I'm sure FSA canceled their race because of a good reason. Just like we canceled out 70 regatta this year because of many reasons. Sometimes it is just too much for one guy or organization to handle.

3) Alot of these posts on here are misleading and contain a bunch of pent up BS from lack of dune trips. Many people don't get out as much as they probably should. Don't take everything so serious. Just keep doing what your doing and go out to the dunes and have fun. I used to get pretty worked up over crap on here and it started to kill my dune buzz on trips. Forget it all and dune. The dunes aren't going anywhere.

• Like 2

Absolutely. I pay for a yearly pass that says i should have free range to do what i want in the dunes. Total BS that the BLM is doing this. All they do is create problems. Never have i ever had a good expeirence with BLM. i vote that they go!!!!

Can you clarify what you mean when you say: "I pay for a yearly pass that says i should have free range to do what i want in the dunes".

I'm curious, maybe you didn't mean how it sounds.

Thanks

now are you talking about not getting a pass for camping or a permit for having a group gathering ?? if your not planing on paying for a pass that not good the money is needed to keep the dunes open . ynot every one helps in some way just by going to dumont and buying a pass your helping to keep dumont open by telling your freinds how great of a place it is and may be getting them to show up is helping.

You might as well piss in the wind and tell your self it's raining. BLM owns the area and they are not going to give it up for any reason, unless we keep beating the sh*t out of it and not keeping it clean and the greenies decide to take a run at it. But then if they did that you would expect the BLM to defend it from them right? Cause we as users can't come together as a group to defend anything. I have been the President of Friends of Dumont dunes for 6 years and VP for another 2. In all that time I can count on one hand the amount of users who have come up and asked if they could get involved. They are now all Board of Directors. If your not willing to help, shut up and get out of our way while we try to accomplish what YOU are not willing to do!!

Apparently you took my post wrong, it was meant to hopefully wake some folks up about the fact that BLM maintains the Dumont Dunes OHV area at the request of the Federal government Interior dept. Right now there are no imminent threats to take the dunes away or stop usage However there are many who would love to do so. Only by FoDD and the sub-group and the great working relationship we have with BLM were we able to keep the fringe toed lizard from being put on the endangered species list. This was done by education of the users and creative fencing of areas that may have been a habitat. I know not everything is a bed of roses I am only stating that as in many things the minority do the work and the majority enjoy the fruit of there labors. I am not looking for a pat on the back or anything else like that. I am just saying that as users most would rather b*tch and moan about things then ask "How can we help and what needs to be done that we as duners can help with" Not trying to stir up any dust just answering a long standing issue.

Ok I am done see you at the clean up and your right Pete, i need a sand fix really bad. I hope your coming out but I am defiantly looking for Lou, Randog etc for a fast ride. Got the engine rebuilt and I need to throw some sand!!

Terry

Apparently you took my post wrong, it was meant to hopefully wake some folks up about the fact that BLM maintains the Dumont Dunes OHV area at the request of the Federal government Interior dept. Right now there are no imminent threats to take the dunes away or stop usage However there are many who would love to do so. Only by FoDD and the sub-group and the great working relationship we have with BLM were we able to keep the fringe toed lizard from being put on the endangered species list. This was done by education of the users and creative fencing of areas that may have been a habitat. I know not everything is a bed of roses I am only stating that as in many things the minority do the work and the majority enjoy the fruit of there labors. I am not looking for a pat on the back or anything else like that. I am just saying that as users most would rather b*tch and moan about things then ask "How can we help and what needs to be done that we as duners can help with" Not trying to stir up any dust just answering a long standing issue.

Ok I am done see you at the clean up and your right Pete, i need a sand fix really bad. I hope your coming out but I am defiantly looking for Lou, Randog etc for a fast ride. Got the engine rebuilt and I need to throw some sand!!

Terry

Unless I can get my Saturday covered, I am out since it is my day to work. :(

I am disappointed i haven't been able to make the sub-group meeting and stuff. I want me to be involved and help. I haven't been at Dumont for very long, but i am now.

Unfortunately,i am out for cleanup weekend now due to work. I have had a very bad year this year with Dune trips and work not working together very well. This gig is a good one, and may lead to more good stuff though.

Anyway, I am willing to help. Sometimes I need a kick in the butt to get moving but once i do i am ready to go.

I definitely feel more offroaders/ duners need to get involved to help fight the treehuggers and others. As said before, we can be our own worst enemies.