Looking for Shop that works on Honda/Acura motors

chris&hol

Hello all,

Installed a 3.2L acura in my car. Immediately upon startup has weird intake leak/miss. Whats weird is, it did not do this at the shop whrere i purchased engine and guys ran in front of me on stand. It resembles a intake leak. When i pull off one or more of the vacuum plugs it does the same thing only worse. I have tried spraying brake cleaner and eather around the intake, throttle body, runners, no luck finding leak. Ive pulled throttle body off , cleaned reassembled, still issues. Im at the point where i need to pay someone who knows these motors well to fix.

Can anyone reffer anyone to me that is willing to work on a sandcar.

Here is a link to a youtube video of the issue in action.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Also Thank You Pete for letting my come take a look at your motor.

You might check with Butch's. Behind Butches Speed Shop. Call dave and he'll hook you up with the shop in the back of the store. He works on off road race cars and I'm sure that some of the off road racers he services run hondas.

You could also check with WIKS Performance Engine builders. They are located off Sunset and Valley View His shop has room for your rail and they are first class mechanics.

Good Luck!

Chris, it sounds to me like the idle control motor (valve) is clogged or bad.

It's located under the throttle body on my 3.5.

I'm not sure if you have the same thing on yours.

There's two screws that hold the assembly on to the throttle body from under it.

I would take it off and see if it has a bunch of junk in it.

disassemble and fully clean.

Maybe its the problem?

Any Honda mechanic should be able to figure it out I would think.

I'd look at it for you if it wouldn't cost me $300 to get to Hendo. lol

Hope you get it figured out soon.

R-

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally fanigered it out. So the engine builder deletes the Iac valve and welds a plate over the three holes in bottom of throttle body. Where stock iac is located. Says iac's clog to much, And after totally pulling out my hair and hauling my buggy down to phoenix and looking at a stock throttle body it struck me!! Just because you weld a plate over the three holes does not seal off one from the others, so it was squeaking by whatever crevese there was between the three holes and the welded plate, if that makes any sense. Anyhow a little steel putty in the holes inside throtte body, problem Gone!!! Man, i always get this weird crap. Engine buider says he has done many like this no issues, i think no one bitched and just lived with the crap. Either way all thanks for the advice. Was going to run the buggy one last time this week end but casey asked me to run a check point at mint 400 instead. Sure twist my leg :)