Things to do when storing a sandcar

dunefreak

Not that the season is over yet, but there are some things to keep in mind when storing your car. Let's hear em.

- First and foremost would have to be adding fuel stabilizer to the fuel and starting it up every couple weeks.

- I always run Berryman's tire sealer so the tires don't lose air.

What else do you guys do?

Does the berrymens work if u don't run em? I have some leaky paddles :)

What do you mean? If you mean just pump it in and let it sit then no, it doesn't. You need to at least get them spinning to properly coat the tire. It doesn't take much though. You could probably zip it down the street.

just a nooby question, but can't you put the car up on jack stand or blocks to keep the weight off the tires? If the back tires were off the ground you could even drop it in gear to turn the full drive train.

Yes you can, The tires might still lose air over time but not as fast as having weight kept on them. Another thing is to unhook the battery or atleast keep a trickle/solar charger on it.

And lastly- give it a good bath before putting it to bed. Nothing worse that starting the next season with a dirty car.

Yes you can, The tires might still lose air over time but not as fast as having weight kept on them. Another thing is to unhook the battery or atleast keep a trickle/solar charger on it.

And lastly- give it a good bath before putting it to bed. Nothing worse that starting the next season with a dirty car.

Good idea on the trickle charger. I always forget about that.

Just park it and walk away. Next season when you pull it out, all you have to do is buy 2 new odyssey batteries, and degum the fuel system with a few cans of carb cleaner. You can then unclip the gopro and see what you shot last season :P

• 1 year later...

:bump:

Something things to keep in mind with summer coming up. I hope to burn my last can or two of race gas somehow so it doesn't sit and go bad.

Pete, I shpuld be getting my car back and am hoping to find someone to go out to Dumont with me at least once in May as I leave for St. Antony's on 6-6 and want to make sure car is all good. I would like another car to go with just in case.

Terry, Let me know, I have a new to me car I'm looking to run on a day trip :beerpint:

Will do, they have the parts I think now it's a matter of time. I would like to do it ASAP just in case there is a issue as it will give me time to take it back and shove it where the sun don't shine to be polite. But I will post up as soon as I know what's up.

Im trying

I was hoping to have you guys take it from me when you were in town for the Silver State race but waited to long to get ahold of you guys

We didn't even make it to SS 300, possibly going to be there for Vegas To Reno in August, but I wouldn't bet on it.