Dumont might have getten closed for good this time (April Fools)

I just read this!

This just in. The Center for Biological Diversity has discovered a new and very rare, endangered species of spider at Dumont Dunes. It's a called a Katipo spider. It is usually found in New Zealand so they are very concerned why one showed up at Dumont. Until they figure out if it originated here or if it was transported here, Dumont Dunes will be closed indefinitely. The BLM has already constructed a 30 foot perimeter fence around Dumont and all access is restricted. If anything changes, we will keep you posted asap! Until then, Nellis Dunes will have to be your next alternative for duning.

• Like 2

I am so pissed, kids finally went on spring break, thought it would be a fun early / mid week trip for them, we found out about this early this morning in Baker when we tried to buy our pass. Well at least they didn't sell us a pass then tell us... I guess it is off to Death Valley for us, Going to be a PITA working around these toys we had loaded up...

• Like 1

I am so pissed, kids finally went on spring break, thought it would be a fun early / mid week trip for them, we found out about this early this morning in Baker when we tried to buy our pass. Well at least they didn't sell us a pass then tell us... I guess it is off to Death Valley for us, Going to be a PITA working around these toys we had loaded up...

Bummer for sure! Just go play in the dry lake beds around Primm/ Jean. Just as much fun! :headbang1:

• Like 1

nice try mothers f*ckers just got off the phone with blm this is all a f*cking lie

So when did they say the closed area of Glamis will be opened back up? Supposed to be this month. Keeping an eye on the weather and the announcement.

I just called (760) 252-6000 which is the number listed on http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/barstow/dumont.html about the closure of dumont. The lady on the phone said she didn't know anything about the spider and dumont was still open. She may have been misinformed, but according to her it's still open. Where did this information come from?

So all of these calls and not one person thought to ask about them opening the Glamis closure this month??? Supposed to be later inn the month so I'm praying for some cooler weather on one of the last two weekends.

Get to go visit "THE WALL" legally. Stumbled on it one day, or two, by accident. Hella awesome dunes back that way and they are supposed to open all the way down to Patton Valley.

I know it's the El Centro office but seems Barstow would also have that information. It's no small deal what is happening as I'm sure you're very aware.

If I hear anything I will be sure to post it up.