Nominations for Dumont Dunes Sub-Group

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsroom/2013/may/dumontsubgroupmembers.html

Anyone wanting to request that they be appointed to the Dumont Sub-Group must fill out a request and forward it to Barstow BLM. There are 9 positions available. Anyone interested in assisting BLM should complete this request and submit it as soon as possible

Unfortunately this position is not going to be possible for 99% of the people on here.

Terry has done an amazing job over the years and hopefully the BLM will select him again to be part of the Dumont sub-group. I appreciate all he has done over the years.

• Like 1

i looked at it but got sidetracked with work. I am interested, but don't really think i am qualified to be in that position, other then i am willing to speak up as needed, and listen. I haven't really been duning long enough, or been involved as much as so many others. I like being involved and trying to do my part vs just standing around an bitching (even though I am good at that to)..

Bob, I would not know if anybody else is applying for the position(s). I am waiting on a letter of recommendation from another source and then I will be putting in my application.

Pete is right about it being an issue with the meetings on Tuesday's, makes it hard for folks with regular jobs to do this kind of thing. Pete thanks for the props they mean a lot to me.

Adam, the only way to learn more and get involved is to make the step and test the waters. If it is something you are interested in then you have to do what I did several years ago and that is to throw your name into the ring. It's a learn as you go proposition:).

Terry

its not just for one spot its for like 8 spots and you have until june 10 to give the blm the paper work. and have to go to at least 3 meetings a year . and terry has done a great job and spent alot of time doing it thanks

its not just for one spot its for like 8 spots and you have until june 10 to give the blm the paper work. and have to go to at least 3 meetings a year . and terry has done a great job and spent alot of time doing it thanks

I don't think anyone thought it was just one position. ;)