Weber Carb Machanic Needed

HelmetPigtails

Our sandrail has dual webber 44's and I need to find someone that can actually FIX them. I have had two people work on them and after spending over 350.00 between them both they still do not run correctly.

They run awesome on flats and in the dunes and even comp hill they scream, however as an example, on the way to comp hill or the north pole when going over the whoops or heavy washboards they start to bog real heavy, to the point of stalling the engine. as I said, if I am in smooth areas the car has zero problem, hit any major bumps and it sputters and I lose all power.

I need to find someone in Southern California who can actually remove them from the car, do a clean total rebuild and install and tune them on the car so they are in sync.

If you know of anyone, or if you are able to do it, please send me a PM and I will send back our contact information or call you if you leave a number.

Thank you

Tom and Bunny

check the float levels and check the fuel pressure if you run electric fuel pump.Sounds like float level is too high. Verify, run the rough till it stalls, pull a plug, is it wet/black? If it was sputtering then belch black smoke THEN run good I'd say smaller venturi's, so you probably have a stroker and bigger bore. Don't know anyone to recommend anymore.

I fought Webbers for three years on my VW. They tend to get sand in them ( idle circuit). Check the fuel pressure, they can only handle 2 1/2 or 3 lbs. pressure max. Some have good luck with them but an awful lot have problems. I put heavy high temp grease between the bottom of the air filter mount and the carb. to catch sand. That helped with the sand in the carb. There are a lot of internal parts in those carbs that are used for air fuel mixture options.

Good luck with you issues

Edited by sandawg