Sand Rail vs Quad Head On Crash VID

nwtdiesel

seen this a While ago. Always makes me cringe to see this happen. All duners should watch these types of videos before they get to hit the Off Road Community. It MAY make them think twice before flying off a ridge with no Spotter. :assblast:

I know the point is to ride smart and safely!

I am not a certified EMT but......the whole idea of the way the treatment was given and the response by the BLM EMS and EMT has me really not wanting to be hurt where ever this happened.

I refrain from expanding my comments since I am so pro BLM rangers usually and the job they do .

Ride Safe!

I know the point is to ride smart and safely!

I am not a certified EMT but......the whole idea of the way the treatment was given and the response by the BLM EMS and EMT has me really not wanting to be hurt where ever this happened.

I refrain from expanding my comments since I am so pro BLM rangers usually and the job they do .

Ride Safe!

Yea i never want to get hurt out there either! Im sure the film guy missed a lot of important moments, he might have been trying to help his brother or maybe the EMT asked him to shut the video off. Who knows. It was better then letting the guy just lay there with all his buddies just looking at him dumbfounded. I can see your point though. Hes very lucky to have made it to the hospital and come out with just a busted leg.

Here are a couple of my concerns. I never saw them or the first guy there that, I think said I'm an EMT didn't stabilize his cervical spine and let someone take his helmet off. I thought that the film ran the entire time. Maybe I'm wrong. Then the time it took for the guys to get out of the rail and get to the victim. I'm also confused that they didn't have O2 to administer or start an IV of Normal saline to prevent shock, especially since someone said he was in and out of consciousness (sp) Just some amature questions from an old man. Possibly they were just Basic Life Support Personnel and not advanced Life Support certified. Maybe it's only paramedics that can do that stuff. As you said at least he made it with minor injuries

Edited by sandawg
  • Like 1

Here are a couple of my concerns. I never saw them or the first guy there that, I think said I'm an EMT didn't stabilize his cervical spine and let someone take his helmet off. I thought that the film ran the entire time. Maybe I'm wrong. Then the time it took for the guys to get out of the rail and get to the victim. I'm also confused that they didn't have O2 to administer or start an IV of Normal saline to prevent shock, especially since someone said he was in and out of consciousness (sp) Just some amature questions from an old man. Possibly they were just Basic Life Support Personnel and not advanced Life Support certified. Maybe it's only paramedics that can do that stuff. As you said at least he made it with minor injuries

All good points im sure. I know nothing about EMT but would want you to be mine if i ever need one!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm not an EMT but when I volunteered at Lake Mead, for several years, on their Search and Rescue Team and as a boat operator I was involved in a lot of trauma. I didn't treat, but observed a lot.

Thanks for the comment though!

Edited by sandawg