Under-aged drivers

Tmoney

My Uncle taught me how to drive his truck, with him in it, out at El Mirage when I was 13. He said it was perfectly legal in an OHV or SVRA area. I don't know if that is true or not, but my Uncle is not one to do anything illegal.

There are no driver license or minimum age requirements for OHVs operated off-highway in Nevada. City and county governments may designate small portions of public streets for access to or from off-road areas only and some age restrictions or other requirements may apply. See NRS Chapter 490 and NAC Chapter 490 Effective 7/1/12.

Http://nvohv.com/riding

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know, the same rules apply off road as on road, when operating a vehicle such as a truck, you must have a valid drivers license or a permit and be accompanied by a licenced driver over the age of 18. But I could be completely wrong.. its happened a time or four.. Your best bet to get the correct information would be to either contact CHP or BLM. This way there are no doubts on what is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it depends on weather the vehicle is a registerable or registered vehicle. If the vehicle is registerable then a licence is needed. Basically, if it has a vin # and appears that the dmv would give ya a plate. If its not, then no license is needed. Most counties draw the line there for several reasons....ie , is a non registered vehicle a stolen vehicle to the dmv? NO...its stolen personal property. The trailer it was on, is the stolen vehicle to the dmv. Is a rail parked in your driveway allowed by the county when your allowed two non registered (running) vehicles to be outside....and you already have two cars out that run but are not registered....yes....because its technically not a vehicle....to the county. Cities and hoas ofcourse make their own rules, but thats how counties ussually view it. A unregisterable vehicle is viewed the same as a quad....or jr dragster, or go cart...

If your truck is a street going ranger prerunner....then he cant drive it.

If its a tube chassis, custom that could never see the light of day on the street and has no title, no lights, no glass....etc etc then yes