To live another day to dune

Jakster884

I had been feeling a heart burn pain for the past two weeks until last Thursday morning it felt like a load of bricks on my chest. Went straight to the dr and then to the hospital. Ended up having a mild heart attack and having a stint placed in my heart due to clogged artery. Damn I am only 41. Wake up call and time to eat right with proper exercise. What a wake up call. God has given me another chance one of many.

Now at home relaxing. Can't wait to get out and relax at Dumont.

Damn Jakster. Wake up call for sure. Glad it was caught in time. Definitely time to get a little extra cardio in every week and watch what ya eat. There's too much convenient food these days that is labeled healthy and it is not. Load up on fresh fruits and vegetables- that is some heart disease fighting stuff! Take care of yourself bud.

This hits close to home for me, I had a 51 year old friend die on the golf course last Sat, and my dad died while running when he was 50. I have a cousin who is a teaching heart surgeon at Stanford and he suggests diet and exercise help but heart disease is hereditary and the most important thing you can do is use medication to control contributing factors. Crazy story, He was on duty when my uncle (his father in law) had a massive heart attack and he had to crack his chest, talk about pressure... Glad you are OK, please listen to the cardio docs advise and keep your diet and exercise up, would love to dune together sometime :beerpint:

Doing good. I will take all the advise I can get. The tread mill is my new friend. Eating habits will change and my outlook on life also. The Dr told me I could have just dropped dead if I was to wait any longer. once the Artery closes not much you can do to get the oxygen to the Heart.

Smoking is definitely out of the question. I will be out to Dumont soon enough for some relaxation.

• Like 1

Wow, Sorry to hear, but happy it wasn't any worse! Glad it was caught in time!!! Wake up call for sure...We are all guilty of taking the day to day for granted. Thanks for sharing man! I think I'm gonna go get checked out now too. I'm 35, but with all the stress of my recently former job, I had "an elephant sitting on my chest" for 2 days that I couldn't shake, about two weeks ago.

We both Gotta be here for those kiddos of ours! Make the most of your second chance :thumb:

• Like 1

Glad you are ok! I used to smoke a pack a day for about 8 years, I stopped all the sudden one day by choice after trying several times and haven't smoked in 4 years now. I feel so much better. I go to martial arts 3-4 times a week for fun/exercise and it has been a blast. Im losing weight, getting in shape and learning some cool stuff too. Im 34 and i need to get checked out again to make sure everything is working ok. You never know! Stress is a big killer on us guys.

Hope to see you at the dunes!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jack,

It's been a month; how's recovery coming along for ya?

I went in and found out I have high blood pressure. Overweight, and a LOT of stress in my life right now, I figured as much :(

There's a toll stress takes we don't always acknowledge, and I figure you probably have some with your work too... Just thought I'd ask you how's life treating ya?

Andy thanks for asking. Now that my Infection caused by the operation has been taken care of I am now feeling 95%. I have already dropped a few pounds asd getting myself into an exercise routine. Damn I am totally out of shape and as my wife says well rounded. I has changed my life not one single puff of a cigarette and plan to keep it that way. I can say it is not easy but a Must!

I also have high blood pressure and all the symptoms along with Diabetes. If goes as planned I can get off the meds next year if my Diet, Weight Loss and exercise continues. It a GOAL. I can yes Stress will be at the top of the list for a while especially now I have 10 employees and a payroll to meet twice a month.

• Like 1

I had been feeling a heart burn pain for the past two weeks until last Thursday morning it felt like a load of bricks on my chest. Went straight to the dr and then to the hospital. Ended up having a mild heart attack and having a stint placed in my heart due to clogged artery. Damn I am only 41. Wake up call and time to eat right with proper exercise. What a wake up call. God has given me another chance one of many.

Now at home relaxing. Can't wait to get out and relax at Dumont.

chest pain is no joke, as a paramedic....you dont save a lot of people who go down and found later on.....just go straight to ER and have them work ya up....going to Dr office is a waist of time...plus they will call the ambulance and send ya to the ER anyways.....glad you are ok....

Andy thanks for asking. Now that my Infection caused by the operation has been taken care of I am now feeling 95%. I have already dropped a few pounds asd getting myself into an exercise routine. Damn I am totally out of shape and as my wife says well rounded. I has changed my life not one single puff of a cigarette and plan to keep it that way. I can say it is not easy but a Must!

I also have high blood pressure and all the symptoms along with Diabetes. If goes as planned I can get off the meds next year if my Diet, Weight Loss and exercise continues. It a GOAL. I can yes Stress will be at the top of the list for a while especially now I have 10 employees and a payroll to meet twice a month.

I always told my wife that I, in fact was in shape...round is a shape...but it's time for me to take it serious now. When I read your story, I knew I had to go in; it had been 8 or 10 years since my last visit to the Dr. He did an EKG, but all came back fine. I go back next week to get the bloodwork results. I know he's going to blame stress...I just have to figure out how to handle it better.

Keep us informed on your progress.

Glad to hear you're feeling a lil better. :headbang1: