Entrance Road

JoeDuner

That $75,000 would be better spent toward tar and chip, also known as chip sealing. It's about $40,000 per mile but requires very little maintenance. Also no more dust.

The type II will last until the grader operator scrapes it off. It will then end up in the piles of old type II and sand on the side of the road.

More good money after bad...

I just noticed, I'm a "dune shredder now"

:rockon:

Edited by Svengoolie

New it would bring you in Svengoolie, your always good for finding the negative at anything we try to do at Dumont. Let's see $40k per mile road is approx. 6 miles long, simple math=$240,000.00 Yeah the fee demo plan only generates about $500K per year so we should take approx. half to make sure you get a comfy ride in and out of a OHV area? Yes type II is not the long term answer but it is the right now answer that we can afford so let fly from here!!

• Like 1

New it would bring you in Svengoolie, your always good for finding the negative at anything we try to do at Dumont. Let's see $40k per mile road is approx. 6 miles long, simple math=$240,000.00 Yeah the fee demo plan only generates about $500K per year so we should take approx. half to make sure you get a comfy ride in and out of a OHV area? Yes type II is not the long term answer but it is the right now answer that we can afford so let fly from here!!

Don't mean to be negative. I have been a road worker most of my life so I can't help but to evaluate roads. I do appreciate the fact that they try to do the best with what they have.

Just like a friend of mine. Did ceilings his whole life and can't help looking up anytime he walks into a building.

• Like 1

Ok I'm really not stirring the pot. I pay my fees and appreciate the hell out of YNOT!

However lets look at it a different way? The road is always a bad subject. So let's say they do chip sealing for 2 miles this year and grade the other 4. It seems the other stuff only lasts a few weeks. The next year 2 more miles and wha la 3 years go by and we have a nicer road?

Don't shoot me I'm just giving an opinion or maybe alternate view?

I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!!

GET ALL THE RANGERS AND CHP THERE FOR A GIF WEEKEND AND GIVE TICKETS FOR PEOPLE DOING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE ROAD!!!! ALSO WHILE WE ARE AT IT LOWER IT TO 15 MPH AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR RECKLESS DRIVING ON A DIRT ROAD!!!!

IF PEOPLE WOULDNT HAUL a$$ DOWN THE ROAD IT WOULD LAST 3-4 TIMES LONGER AFTER A GRADING!!!

VETRANS DAY IT WAS NICE ENOUGH TO DO 25 WHICH I WAS AND GOT PASSED BY 2 COMPLETE INCONSIDERATE a-holes DOING ABOUT 50!!!! IF IT WASNT NIGHT TIME I WAS GOING TO PULL INTO THIER CAMPS AND HAVE A LITTLE DISCUSSION WITH THEM BUT AT NIGHT GOOD LUCK.

What Bert says about the speed is exactly right. It causes the acceleration and braking bumps on the road. I don't know why the dirt road becomes a speedway, if you already drove X amount of hours and have confirmed by visual that the dunes have not left why does it become such an all fired hurry to get to the campsite?

• Like 1

I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!!

GET ALL THE RANGERS AND CHP THERE FOR A GIF WEEKEND AND GIVE TICKETS FOR PEOPLE DOING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE ROAD!!!! ALSO WHILE WE ARE AT IT LOWER IT TO 15 MPH AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR RECKLESS DRIVING ON A DIRT ROAD!!!!

IF PEOPLE WOULDNT HAUL a$$ DOWN THE ROAD IT WOULD LAST 3-4 TIMES LONGER AFTER A GRADING!!!

VETRANS DAY IT WAS NICE ENOUGH TO DO 25 WHICH I WAS AND GOT PASSED BY 2 COMPLETE INCONSIDERATE a-holes DOING ABOUT 50!!!! IF IT WASNT NIGHT TIME I WAS GOING TO PULL INTO THIER CAMPS AND HAVE A LITTLE DISCUSSION WITH THEM BUT AT NIGHT GOOD LUCK.

Do like me. Be an AZZHOLE and drive in the center so they Can't pass and dust/rock you out!

Do like me. Be an AZZHOLE and drive in the center so they Can't pass and dust/rock you out!

Just make sure Lou is not the one trying to pass you, he becomes very upset if you think you own the road! :hello:

Maybe the State of California can pay back the money the STOLE from the OHV fund the last few times, and the BLM would have the money to fix the road better. Isn't that what the OHV fund is for??

My last trip out the road was very nice, but I have to agree a better long term solution needs to be found. spending more money now to fix the road, could/ should save money in the long run on grading and labor and stuff.

They say/said the water truck has priority for watering the entrance road, but I didn't notice it.

The road has been like this for years, we all know this. Its not THAT hard to slow the :censored: down.

If you don't like the road, don't come out to play, go someplace else that has pavement all the way up to the dunes, so you can just unload on the nice pretty pavement and then go out into the dusty dirty terrible sand and get your pretty toys all dirty and dusty while you are having a blast. Maybe they will have some washing stations installed too, so that those people who get too dusty playing in the sand can wash down all their pretty toys. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The dunes have trash left enough as it is with people who actually use the dunes and supposedly care about using the dunes. Can you imagine how much more trash there would be if the road was paved? Or how much of a fight we would have on keeping the dunes open, because people in their Prius' are all upset that after driving all that way on that pretty paved road, to see the pristine sand dunes, pay their fee to get in and all they find is a bunch of quads, rails and rzr's polluting the air and tearing up and making tracks all over the poor defenseless sand dunes?

:idea: Hey while we are at it... maybe we should have them pave the whole camp area, put in full hook ups, flush toilets, and showers.... hmmm I think the average RV Park costs about $60.00 a NIGHT.. I could be wrong on that though...I don't spend much time in RV Parks, I like to go off road and dune...

• Like 2

The road has been like this for years, we all know this. Its not THAT hard to slow the :censored: down.

If you don't like the road, don't come out to play, go someplace else that has pavement all the way up to the dunes, so you can just unload on the nice pretty pavement and then go out into the dusty dirty terrible sand and get your pretty toys all dirty and dusty while you are having a blast. Maybe they will have some washing stations installed too, so that those people who get too dusty playing in the sand can wash down all their pretty toys. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The dunes have trash left enough as it is with people who actually use the dunes and supposedly care about using the dunes. Can you imagine how much more trash there would be if the road was paved? Or how much of a fight we would have on keeping the dunes open, because people in their Prius' are all upset that after driving all that way on that pretty paved road, to see the pristine sand dunes, pay their fee to get in and all they find is a bunch of quads, rails and rzr's polluting the air and tearing up and making tracks all over the poor defenseless sand dunes?

:idea: Hey while we are at it... maybe we should have them pave the whole camp area, put in full hook ups, flush toilets, and showers.... hmmm I think the average RV Park costs about $60.00 a NIGHT.. I could be wrong on that though...I don't spend much time in RV Parks, I like to go off road and dune...

Yes what Sand Chick said ....

I love the dunes. I have only been into dune sports for the past 12 or so years (well, I'm told we did it as kids too at ISDRA, but I don't remember) but in that time alone I have watched it change and change and change. There use to be the unwritten rules of duner etiquette since we are all there enjoying the same thing, but this past Halloween I saw a lot of bad element, azzholes, punkazzes there to just party, steal, and just leave their trash behind. Don't get me wrong -- I like to party, but the Girl Scout in me comes out when it comes to trash and common courtesy. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I had to put up with Prius people AND thuggery all because of easy access. Well, it is kinda of funny when I see the rented mini-van full of tourists cutting out across the sand just to get stuck.

• Like 1

Ok Sandchick u r 1000% correct

I retract my statement. I seen it happen with a fav camp spot in Utah they paved the road and now the place is trashed. Now they have marked spots etc. still ok but not what it was. Also used to catch fish, haven't caught a fish in 3 years so F that.

I'm gonna go like Sand Snake and take up the road and go down the center. Oh wait I already do that lol. So those that think going 45 or 50 well I might MIGHT, be doing 25 and that's if it's smooth. If it's rough like Halloween max speed was 15 and most times I was 6 or 7 mph

So sorry if I held you up. NOT :)

Edited by White Rhino
  • Like 1

Any info on the crossing? Flooded or not? Guess it doesn't matter we'll find out this afternoon, May need to spend a week at the little dunes Mike Green ! LOL

HAHA. I dont think I would sell much there. We are still hoping to be there Sunday. We will see you there.