DDR sticker requests

dunefreak

I request a vast array of sizes be handed out at the Dumont Dunes Cleanup as it was in past years!

And what happened to the Old English font!?!?! Those were most wicked.

Or even handed out at the poker run stations. Anyone remember those?

I request a vast array of sizes be handed out at the Dumont Dunes Cleanup as it was in past years!

And what happened to the Old English font!?!?! Those were most wicked.

Or even handed out at the poker run stations. Anyone remember those?

Wow Vic. You have very high sticker demands! I will answer your questions though. ;)

We stopped doing the OE style for a couple reasons. Another Dumont site that surfaced after DDR started using a very similar font and people were confusing the 2 sites. Not only that those stickers were very difficult to weed out the vinyl because the font style. That and it was time for a newer image as years went on.

I will consider getting some made up and be handed out at the next cleanup. It will be a donation from DDR. The vast array of free stickers you remember were being done at no charge by AMR Graphics in exchange for some advertising services. They no longer wanted to continue that deal so now we pay for them.

Yes I remember handing them out at the poker run stations. FoDD & DDR stopped doing the poker runs years ago because the permitting requirements changed after the MDR race where those people died. Remember that?

Hope that covers all your concerns.

Wow Vic. You have very high sticker demands! I will answer your questions though. ;)

We stopped doing the OE style for a couple reasons. Another Dumont site that surfaced after DDR started using a very similar font and people were confusing the 2 sites. Not only that those stickers were very difficult to weed out the vinyl because the font style. That and it was time for a newer image as years went on.

I will consider getting some made up and be handed out at the next cleanup. It will be a donation from DDR. The vast array of free stickers you remember were being done at no charge by AMR Graphics in exchange for some advertising services. They no longer wanted to continue that deal so now we pay for them.

Yes I remember handing them out at the poker run stations. FoDD & DDR stopped doing the poker runs years ago because the permitting requirements changed after the MDR race where those people died. Remember that?

Hope that covers all your concerns.

You're the best president ever Pete! If only our other one could address the concerns of the little people as eloquently as you did. And as far as I can tell nothing that you spoke was a lie. Thanks for the answers. I was more or less prodding and reminding that a little swag goes a long way at the clean-up.

I wasn't aware of the conflict with the other site. I still display my red OE DDR sticker in the back window of my F-350. Didn't know bout the AMR deal either, sorry that deal fell through.

Has it really been years ago? Wow time is cruising on by. I do remember the race as it was right here at the edge of base. And in an area that the Corps is fixing to take possession of. King of the Hammers is coming down to it's last couple of events here in Johnson Valley it's looking like. Didn't know it affected what we do at Dumont. Too bad, they were lots of fun.

Thanks for addressing my thoughts and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it's not too late can I order No 1 (48x10). We'll be at Dumont on the 28th.

Definitely too late to order any new sizes, but I have a handful of extras from the last order to choose from. I'll be out there on the 28th. PM me and we can meet up. I can also leave it with GTP Offroad at vendor row. Either way.