What have you lost at Dumont?

Ill start... This past trip Oct 23rd one of my batteries was getting low so I put my brand new $500 dollar snap on power charger on the car, I got busy and when I started the car a few mins later I jumped in it to take a quick spin to make sure all was good before the ride. Pulling back into camp I realized I forgot the charger was sitting on the motor!! Yep it was gone! I instantly turned right around to go back and get it since my little warm up run was 100 yards from camp. By the time I got back to where I jumped the car the charger had already grew legs and ran away! I was pissed for a sec but it was my own fault. sh*tty. We saw some foot prints by where it fell off the car and I stopped at a few camps right by where it fell off the car and nobody had seen it. What have you lost?

Edited by nwtdiesel

I forgot my Snap on jumper(probably the same as yours) in a customers car when I was at the dealership, Freaked out as they wouldn't answer the phone.

A week later they called...they went right to the airport when they picked the car up...it was still in the back on the floor..WHEW!!! I got lucky..

I know not a dune story but made me remember about the jump box.

I know I have lost plenty out at the dunes just cant think of anything right now.

I forgot my Snap on jumper(probably the same as yours) in a customers car when I was at the dealership, Freaked out as they wouldn't answer the phone.

A week later they called...they went right to the airport when they picked the car up...it was still in the back on the floor..WHEW!!! I got lucky..

I know not a dune story but made me remember about the jump box.

I know I have lost plenty out at the dunes just cant think of anything right now.

Didn't you loose your virginity at the dunes? That can't be that hard to remember!

• 4 weeks later...

My wife lost the "large" diamond off her ring. :bawl: She spent the next several hours tracing her steps and we spent a lot of time walking around with our heads bowed down scanning the sand. :pray: She even rode her quad along her old tracks real slow while leaning over, way over, the handlebars scanning the sand. She again thought about all she did that day and went back to an area in camp where she took her gloves off. (Why she wore riding gloves over that ring is beyond me) :nuts: She sat there in the sand moving sand back and forth looking for a glint of the priceless stone. Her persistence paid off as she did find the rock in what all in camp thought was gone. :yiah: I had written the rock off hours before and she knew I was pissed that she even wore her ring while riding. The almost impossible find did not come without cost. :thumbsdown: Having the setting in the ring fixed for a more secure hold on the rock and buying special insurance against loss made that trip a "little" more expensive than it should have. :blink: So you can still say I still "lost" something at Dumont. :dope:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha i just grabbed the cash i had cause i was hauling a$$ to catch the ice cream truck. I had a $50 and a $20 and a few $1s. I paid for the ninja turtle bars which was $10 bucks!!! then put my cash in my pocket and went back to camp. I never seen it again... Its out there somewhere maybe blew to Pahrump or Baker by now.

• 3 months later...

One of the pod filters on my Banshee years ago. Luckly it had rained and I had spares. Bike is still running on those pistons! Lost the only key to my wifes quad at the old venders row but found it. Believe it or not, lost a chain off my old Banshee. Threw the chain (didn't break the case which is a miracle) and when I got off the bike the chain was nowhere to be found. It was as if it never had one. Ghost chain?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...