Trailer tires

DuneFanatic24

Thanks for the replies. I have thought about going to 16s but don't have the $$$ to buy new wheels also. I have heard most of trailer tires are junk. The tires on my trailer now are load D which I think are to weak for the trailer but when I bought it (used) that's what it came with

Bigedmond, My 12 foot trailer is doing same and I check pressure every time and tires only have about 500 miles on them.

U guys should probably check our wheel bearings they are most likely loose! Repack them and tighten them up and u'll be good!

• Like 1

Bigedmond,

Just search YouTube you'll find tons of videos showing how to re pack your bearings by hand. It's messy but very important routine maintenance. Just be sure to get good quality high temp wheel bearing grease and a new seal for each of your hubs. (you'll see they're on the back) they are cheap. I go to trailer tech for my parts.

As far as tires go, I'm in the same boat. 32ft weekend warrior I bought used 6 months ago came with cheap tires. Repacked all my bearings and properly inflated before halloween trip to Dumont and blew one on the way back. Luckily I have 16 inch rims already so I'm going with 235 85 r16 BFG Commercial LT tire. Looking forward to peace of mind.

Sandawg and Jakster884, If referring to my post about tires and how many threads have been posted. Sorry as you can se new to the posting on the site and with the tire shops saying different things about tires, I figured where else to ask but maybe here on DDR where people have experienced the tire issues.

I think I am going to go with the Maxxis 8008 for now till I can afford to get 16 inch rims and tires. I wont be buying till next week so still open for suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback