Nevada Sandrail title question

SAND~~SNAKE

Has ANYONE in Nevada titled their Sandrail without a vin yet? Meaning a vin assignment was necessary. And what did the title describe the sandrail as if it isn't actually "homemade"?

I am in the process right now, it will state "2013 assembled vehicle" I took my car down to PD and they filled out the OHV paperwork that I printed off of the DMV website to verify that there was no VIN, then I had to take it down to DMV inspection station on American pacific and they gave me 2 aluminum rivets that I am supposed to use to put on the new vin tag that the Nevada DMV provides. I talked with the owner of the company that built my car and he said that is how they do it in Cali also, otherwise the builders have a bunch of hoops to jump through and the cost would need to be passed on to the customers.

I am in the process right now, it will state "2013 assembled vehicle" I took my car down to PD and they filled out the OHV paperwork that I printed off of the DMV website to verify that there was no VIN, then I had to take it down to DMV inspection station on American pacific and they gave me 2 aluminum rivets that I am supposed to use to put on the new vin tag that the Nevada DMV provides. I talked with the owner of the company that built my car and he said that is how they do it in Cali also, otherwise the builders have a bunch of hoops to jump through and the cost would need to be passed on to the customers.

I did this also but the rivets were not needed. The vin sticker came to me and had adhesive on it so just stuck it on Rail. Not metal at all.

I did this also but the rivets were not needed. The vin sticker came to me and had adhesive on it so just stuck it on Rail. Not metal at all.

They Guy at the DMV inspection station said that it has an adhesive but told me to use their "special rivets" as to prevent someone (I think he meant me :rolleyes: ) from taking my vin tag and placing it on another vehicle....

Was worried about having a title that is stamped "Homemade" :redneck: . Did not want to depreciate the value for the car will soon be on the market. Thanks for your info Rees :thumb: . Has anyone else received a title yet?

Don't think that will make a bit of difference when you sell your car. Some guys like to have a Funco built car but a gen 3 will have all the bugs worked out by now :beerpint: Actually, thinking about it as I type, the only way I see it making a difference is if the buyer is trying to get financing...

Yup, in CA anything that has an assigned VIN# ( trailers, rails, etc.)gets tagged as SPCNS on the title. (Special Construction).

Anybody in the market for a funco, isn't going to be swayed by that, IMO. It's pretty common in the sand rail world :beercheers:

Yup, in CA anything that has an assigned VIN# ( trailers, rails, etc.)gets tagged as SPCNS on the title. (Special Construction).

Anybody in the market for a funco, isn't going to be swayed by that, IMO. It's pretty common in the sand rail world :beercheers:

Thats only if the mfg does not assign the vin, I have had a few cars including my current one who have the mfgs name on the title

• 2 weeks later...