Throwback Thursday

dunefreak

Just thought we need a TBT thread on here. Post any pics from good times back in the day! Old pics are always the best. It can be dune related or not.

I'll start.

This was 1993 or 94! I was 16/17 years old airing out my 79 C10 with Rancho suspension coils along the railroad tracks near Blue Diamond! It was somewhat the beginning of what I never knew was my passion- playing in the desert with my toys. :grin: Those were some good times!

post-3-0-32009500-1385085495_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

post-6067-0-92921400-1385093796_thumb.jp

My very first toy of any kind the first time I took it out to ride... A CR 500 trike conversion. That thing usually took me 15 minutes to start, mandatory to boot up, and wore me out kickin' it over and over and over. Nevertheless, 1 trip to the dunes and the fever hasn't broke yet :P

Wasn't long and I needed to ditch the training wheels...got me a bike and went riding whenever work would allow it....and sometimes even when it didn't:

post-6067-0-45137800-1385094505_thumb.jp

Yep, LBZ ! Those were the days!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I still miss that old buggy, especially when the dunes are tore the :censored: up. Dumped that crappy Joyner motor and slapped a 1,000cc in it. I could tear up a lot of Dumont in her, took her rock crawling too... I had a lot of fun with her.

Someday I'll have a RZR :old::cripple::laughing:

post-2396-0-93227700-1386901835_thumb.jp

Got me a wife with this truck. Sold my lowered S-10, and raised my altitude a bit. It had a " death wobble between 30-40 mph, but otherwise was a bad ol truck. Hit comp hill out at glamis a few times, back in the good ol days ( )( ) :P

post-6067-0-01072200-1386903663_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NO. The original owner drove it once and did a slow roll over in it and his wife made him sell it. The paint job was amazing. I am not the sit back on the beach type of person so I never felt quite right about it. LOL